Author Topic: Snoop approves Tha Last Meal Remastered  (Read 1370 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Snoop approves Tha Last Meal Remastered
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2010, 11:25:37 AM »
quality whores.

Matty

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2010, 11:33:53 AM »
some remasters are good or worthwhile (the illmatic one for example), but it isn't like this is an old album with an out of date sounding master or anything. the original is perfect. the drums sound louder/clearer on this one, but so is everything. to me it sounds too loud to the extent of the sound being unbalanced.

edit - done a close comparison of the waveforms...there is hardly any difference in the actual volume but this release is ever so slightly louder. sounds like the higher frequencies were boosted more than the rest and compressed again to make the drums sound more present. so, while the original was already LOUD, this is even louder and has been fiddled with somewhat. entirely unnecessary.
yeah but you also have a soundcard with the x-fi crystalizer function

i have all that shit turned off. plus, if i'm listening to music i'll use audio creation mode and 'bit-matched playback' which disables all EQ and stops resampling (PC soundcards without a mode like this always resample to 48khz). makes a significant difference to sound quality. foobar2000 with ASIO output :banana:

MarshColin

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 06:30:39 PM »
WHY THE FUCK U NEED THIS REMASTERED???? REMASTER COOLIO;S FIRST 3 ALBUM

Lol funny you say this and I def agree. Fantastic Voyage (the song) sounds like complete ass. I can't even spin the song because when you are playing it next to other songs with proper mastering and mixing it just sounds bad and is very noticeable in a club situation. It's too bad because that's one of my all time favorite songs.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 02:32:08 AM »
some remasters are good or worthwhile (the illmatic one for example), but it isn't like this is an old album with an out of date sounding master or anything. the original is perfect. the drums sound louder/clearer on this one, but so is everything. to me it sounds too loud to the extent of the sound being unbalanced.

edit - done a close comparison of the waveforms...there is hardly any difference in the actual volume but this release is ever so slightly louder. sounds like the higher frequencies were boosted more than the rest and compressed again to make the drums sound more present. so, while the original was already LOUD, this is even louder and has been fiddled with somewhat. entirely unnecessary.
yeah but you also have a soundcard with the x-fi crystalizer function

i have all that shit turned off. plus, if i'm listening to music i'll use audio creation mode and 'bit-matched playback' which disables all EQ and stops resampling (PC soundcards without a mode like this always resample to 48khz). makes a significant difference to sound quality. foobar2000 with ASIO output :banana:
hehe you're crazy