Author Topic: Favre to retire  (Read 2208 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Favre to retire
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2010, 06:54:11 PM »
Rodgers was the better QB? Favre had arguably his best statistical season last year & lead his team to the NFC game & won an ESPY for "Play of the Year" (I know, but still lol).

MAYBE this coming season, if Brett comes back, Rodgers will have a better year; but if we're talking about last year, Favre >>> Rodgers.

Favre had probably the best year of his career last year. No arguing how great of a year he had. But you have to consider a couple of things.

Yds    TDs   Ints
Rodgers          4434    30     7
Favre             4202     33     7

Rodgers threw for more yards, Brett threw more TD's. But Rodgers uses his legs alot as well and ran for 5 TD's. Brett obviously ran for none. Also take into consideration the conditions. Id be willing to bet if they switched places Rodgers would have killed Favre statistically. Rodgers had no offensive line, he got POUNDED last year and still put up those numbers. His team had a good defense, but not as good as the Vikes. And clearly Favre had the better running game to work with. Rodgers did all of this with opposing defenses mostly playing the pass.

So yeah, u could argue either way as to who had the better year. My thing is, Rodgers did it with almost no help. Rodgers was Lebron on the Cavs while Favre was Kobe on the Lakers. ;D

I don't think anyone in the Vikings organization if given the chance would take Favre over Rodgers for the '10 season. But we are comparing a 40 year old Favre here. Rodgers in my mind has a long way to go get to Favre's peak level. 95 Favre takes the 09 Packers to the Superbowl maybe.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 08:06:31 PM »
Rodgers was the better QB? Favre had arguably his best statistical season last year & lead his team to the NFC game & won an ESPY for "Play of the Year" (I know, but still lol).

MAYBE this coming season, if Brett comes back, Rodgers will have a better year; but if we're talking about last year, Favre >>> Rodgers.

Favre had probably the best year of his career last year. No arguing how great of a year he had. But you have to consider a couple of things.

Yds    TDs   Ints
Rodgers          4434    30     7
Favre             4202     33     7

Rodgers threw for more yards, Brett threw more TD's. But Rodgers uses his legs alot as well and ran for 5 TD's. Brett obviously ran for none. Also take into consideration the conditions. Id be willing to bet if they switched places Rodgers would have killed Favre statistically. Rodgers had no offensive line, he got POUNDED last year and still put up those numbers. His team had a good defense, but not as good as the Vikes. And clearly Favre had the better running game to work with. Rodgers did all of this with opposing defenses mostly playing the pass.

So yeah, u could argue either way as to who had the better year. My thing is, Rodgers did it with almost no help. Rodgers was Lebron on the Cavs while Favre was Kobe on the Lakers. ;D

I don't think anyone in the Vikings organization if given the chance would take Favre over Rodgers for the '10 season. But we are comparing a 40 year old Favre here. Rodgers in my mind has a long way to go get to Favre's peak level. 95 Favre takes the 09 Packers to the Superbowl maybe.

Thats tough to call man. Old school Favre wouldnt have thrown 33 TD's with only 7 INT's. You could argue that last year was the best year of his career individually. To be honest, Ive never been a real fan of Favre. Having the media suck his nuts every 5 seconds doesnt help. But damn, he would get praise for shit you should get benched for. He would throw a stupid INT...and all anyone would talk about was how he "just has so much confidence in his arm that he thinks he can make any throw". No. He just made a stupid fuckin play lol. He has done some amazing shit on the football field...no doubt. Im a Raider fan...at that Monday night game after his dad died was one of the most ridiculous performances Ive ever seen. But there was some other shit goin on there. He was just flingin balls in the air and people were comin down with em.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 08:54:29 PM »

Yds    TDs   Ints
Rodgers          4434    30     7
Favre             4202     33     7

Thats tough to call man. Old school Favre wouldnt have thrown 33 TD's with only 7 INT's. You could argue that last year was the best year of his career individually. To be honest, Ive never been a real fan of Favre. Having the media suck his nuts every 5 seconds doesnt help. But damn, he would get praise for shit you should get benched for. He would throw a stupid INT...and all anyone would talk about was how he "just has so much confidence in his arm that he thinks he can make any throw". No. He just made a stupid fuckin play lol. He has done some amazing shit on the football field...no doubt. Im a Raider fan...at that Monday night game after his dad died was one of the most ridiculous performances Ive ever seen. But there was some other shit goin on there. He was just flingin balls in the air and people were comin down with em.

I'm not talking about post-Dad 2000s Favre. I'm talking 95, 96, 97 Favre. I don't need to bother looking for any stats. I remember watching him play. At his best he was twice as good as anyone playing at the same time. And for every he has so much confidence in his arm INTs there's 3 so much confidence in his arm homerun completions that only a handful of other guys in history could make in the same situations.

Rodgers has showed me some great Football no doubt, and I'm not saying he can't or won't get there. Laugh at me if you want but I'd take Rodgers right now over any year Brady. The dude is solid. But as of right now he has not reached the level that Favre had reached in his prime. But if you ask me the only other 3 QBs that ever have reached that level were Unitas, Marino, and Manning. Favre had some decent teams and a great system but some of those throws he made and some of those situations he got out of, that I personally remember seeing, were unreal.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:56:17 PM by Shallow »

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 09:06:20 PM »

Yds    TDs   Ints
Rodgers          4434    30     7
Favre             4202     33     7

I'm not talking about post-Dad 2000s Favre. I'm talking 95, 96, 97 Favre. I don't need to bother looking for any stats. I remember watching him play. At his best he was twice as good as anyone playing at the same time. And for every he has so much confidence in his arm INTs there's 3 so much confidence in his arm homerun completions that only a handful of other guys in history could make in the same situations.

Rodgers has showed me some great Football no doubt, and I'm not saying he can't or won't get there. Laugh at me if you want but I'd take Rodgers right now over any year Brady. The dude is solid. But as of right now he has not reached the level that Favre had reached in his prime. But if you ask me the only other 3 QBs that ever have reached that level were Unitas, Marino, and Manning. Favre had some decent teams and a great system but some of those throws he made and some of those situations he got out of, that I personally remember seeing, were unreal.

I dunno. I agree with the Rodgers/Brady thing. I think a lot of doubters of Rodgers havent actually watched him play. Since I had him in Fantasy last year, I kept a close eye on him. And he is a really good QB. Im not putting him ahead of Favre at his best yet....but statistically you could argue he just topped Favre's best year. To me Favre has always been that guy with an amazing arm, amazing leader, not so intelligent of a QB. He was the exact opposite of Joe Montana who was a very accurate, very intelligent, very "play within the system" kind of guy. Favre was fun to watch...but that was partly because you never knew if he would win or lose the game for you. He was truly a gun slinger who just relied on his arm strength to muscle balls in there. But other QB's like Marino, Manning, etc were FAR more impressive QB's IMO.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

theremedy360

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2010, 09:08:16 PM »
Brett Favre is a fag

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2010, 09:33:17 AM »
Yeah 4ever everyone talked bout how he could have won the game had he not have thrown that nterception...they wouldnt let him go
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

theremedy360

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2010, 10:22:01 AM »
^ Every time he's planned on retiring his career woulda ended on a interception, we all know he wouldn't let that happen, and we all know he's coming back. End of story.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2010, 11:36:14 AM »
But if hes undecided how can u know hes comin back? What bout when he does leave?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2010, 02:25:20 PM »
But if hes undecided how can u know hes comin back? What bout when he does leave?

He'll never leave. He's like Bob Wiley

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2010, 09:57:20 PM »
damn so every year of people cryin bout him....lol
Cube

Garth Brooks

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We Shall Be Free
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2010, 09:44:35 PM »

He'll never leave. He's like Bob Wiley

lmao... good movie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »
ya boy is back you haters...lol
Cube

theremedy360

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2010, 02:35:50 PM »
Told y'all..

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 03:37:15 PM »
What u mean? Brett wasnt sure if god was doin him right wit that first contract...ay brett heres another 3 mil but make sure u hit the gospel cuz u a money hungry 40 year old...player we still want as our main player...whoissage?.com
Cube