Author Topic: Looks Like Dre Is Not On Ice Cube's I Am The West (Big Shock!!)  (Read 2817 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Apparently working with Justin Bieber and Rich Boy is more up his alley  :-[  Fuck that...I was looking forward to hearing the 2 or 3 joints they completed back in April/May.  I guess these will become the 2010 versions of Gimme 50 Feet and U Can't See Me  :monkey_piss:

From Cube's latest blog:

Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 8:25 PM  By:  Ice Cube

What up Fam?
I'm almost done with my record, I AM THE WEST. I've been mixing songs and dealing with paperwork all week and I'm down to my last 4 songs to mix. It's bangin'. I think we'll end up wit about 15 songs when it's all said and done and I'm real happy wit it. As a matter of fact, I'm in the Lench Mob Studios writing this blog right now. I'm going to Philly in the morning to promote Lottery Ticket. I get alot of love in Philly...Go Mike Vick!
Many asked about Dr. Dre working on my album. Negative, Dre has been M.I.A. for a few months now. I asked Snoop has he heard from him and he said, no. I can't wait. I gotta turn my shit in by Aug. 20th to make street date...Sept 28th. I'll keep you posted if anythang new develops.
Oh, I did Jimmy Kimmel again and Jamie Foxx radio show. Both were fun, but Jamie's shit was off the chain.
Keep it Gangsta,
Ice Cube

h2k4

Re: Looks Like Dre Is Not On Ice Cube's I Am The West (Big Shock!!)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 10:34:36 PM »
Oh well.  In my opinion, these guys are shells of what they used to be.  I would have been more excited if I heard they were completing an album in 96.

amazing25

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 10:43:42 PM »
When are you guys gonna realise that Dre aint been hot since 1999? Seriously?

Give it up...Its fucking over.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 10:49:03 PM »
thats funny, they cant get a call back from dre but dude is in the lab fucking around with beiber and sean kingston and shit...didnt ice cube make a comment like "...this aint no white boy rehabilitation." dont that kind of sound like a not so thinly veiled subliminal?

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 11:49:18 PM »
When are you guys gonna realise that Dre aint been hot since 1999? Seriously?

Give it up...Its fucking over.
u're fuckin pathetic... dont respond, im not interested in discussion with you (it doesnt lead anywhere), but i just had to express my feeling

i actually didnt hear any promise bout Cube/Dre track.. but yeah thats a dissapointment, id really like to hear that

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 11:56:41 PM »
thats funny, they cant get a call back from dre but dude is in the lab fucking around with beiber and sean kingston and shit...didnt ice cube make a comment like "...this aint no white boy rehabilitation." dont that kind of sound like a not so thinly veiled subliminal?

Eminem.. yeah thats what i thought when i first heard that track.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 03:39:46 AM »
Too bad.. Album will still be okay though.. Not expectin a classic.

dnjp4life

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 04:33:35 AM »
I can't say I'm surprised, although I was of the impression that the Dre and Cube tracks had already been recorded.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 04:36:34 AM »
man its a shame...fuck dre

Back2Back

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 04:51:29 AM »
Damn wtf dre  >:(

doggfather

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 04:59:32 AM »
good news!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Matty

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 05:55:31 AM »
dissapointing but not surprising in the least.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 06:03:02 AM »
Cube did say dre was on the album=promise
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 06:12:15 AM »
Apparently working with Justin Bieber and Rich Boy is more up his alley  :-[  Fuck that...I was looking forward to hearing the 2 or 3 joints they completed back in April/May.  I guess these will become the 2010 versions of Gimme 50 Feet and U Can't See Me  :monkey_piss:

From Cube's latest blog:

Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 8:25 PM  By:  Ice Cube

What up Fam?
I'm almost done with my record, I AM THE WEST. I've been mixing songs and dealing with paperwork all week and I'm down to my last 4 songs to mix. It's bangin'. I think we'll end up wit about 15 songs when it's all said and done and I'm real happy wit it. As a matter of fact, I'm in the Lench Mob Studios writing this blog right now. I'm going to Philly in the morning to promote Lottery Ticket. I get alot of love in Philly...Go Mike Vick!
Many asked about Dr. Dre working on my album. Negative, Dre has been M.I.A. for a few months now. I asked Snoop has he heard from him and he said, no. I can't wait. I gotta turn my shit in by Aug. 20th to make street date...Sept 28th. I'll keep you posted if anythang new develops.
Oh, I did Jimmy Kimmel again and Jamie Foxx radio show. Both were fun, but Jamie's shit was off the chain.
Keep it Gangsta,
Ice Cube

that's fucked up, but what happened during that studio session a few months ago?
the recordings don't disappear suddenly.
ice cube is not telling the whole story

I can't say I'm surprised, although I was of the impression that the Dre and Cube tracks had already been recorded.
yeah

Paul

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 08:47:58 AM »
Im sure Cube wont dissapoint with the album
funkyfreshintheflesh