Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 153229 times)

Sccit

Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #2340 on: March 28, 2013, 01:05:27 AM »
duno why it came out as spurs, must be the og 8)

edited

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2341 on: March 28, 2013, 10:01:43 AM »
has Kobe ever won 27 in a row? :D

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2342 on: March 28, 2013, 10:02:01 AM »
duno why it came out as spurs, must be the og 8)

edited

you should mail me a sample of that shit son

Sccit

« Reply #2343 on: March 28, 2013, 10:05:36 AM »

has LeBron ever won 5 rings? :-X

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2344 on: March 28, 2013, 10:08:35 AM »

he's on his way :D

now mail me a sample of OG kush

Sccit

« Reply #2345 on: March 28, 2013, 10:45:19 AM »

he's on his way :D

now mail me a sample of OG kush

paypal me 40 bux n i'll mail u a gift

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2346 on: March 28, 2013, 10:54:52 AM »
27 in a row don't mean anything without a title. Lakers in 2001 went 15-1 in the playoffs, including 11-0 streak, now that's a run. Now if the Heat win this year, then I'd give them their props. I always say they are the best team in the NBA, but they have to win it at the end. Once they win, then you can look at 27 in a row and say that's the best run in modern basketball. Still, that 95-96 Bulls team didn't lose to just anybody as well when they won 72.

What I am glad about is that LeBron might have a signature season. Kobe has 2002 and 2010 when he was at his best the Lakers won. Jordan has 1991 and 1996 to say that's my best. If the Heat win, LeBron will have 2013 to say, match that! LeBron is just out of this world right now. Last year you could argue that Durant is close, not this year. This year LeBron is head and shoulders the best ball player. But without that ring at the end, it means nothing. It's Jordan in 1989, or Kobe in 2006.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2347 on: March 28, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »
the heat are winning the title this year

and to be honest i don't see it even being tough for them....maybe if Rondo, Granger and Rose were healthy the east would be a competition but without those 3 the only team that has a shot at taking them to 6 games is the Knicks

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2348 on: March 28, 2013, 12:58:02 PM »
Saying they will do it, and doing it are two different things. 2008 was suppose to be Kobe's year. Finally got the MVP, finally got Pau on his team, the Lakers had the best record in the NBA and then they got taken out by the Celtics. 1994 was suppose to be the Knicks year, Jordan was gone, they beat the Pacers and Reggie Miller, Ewing was on top, then they lost to the Rockets. I don't know how many times the Cavs were going to win the NBA Finals, then ended up losing in the playoffs. Holy crap, remember that great Lakers team in 2004, when they just ran through the strong West conference and lost to the Pistons? You never know who'll come out. Maybe the Thunder surprise everyone? We'll see. Right now LeBron is having his best season ever, most dominate player I've ever seen and that's including Kobe scoring 81 points. But until he gets number 2, it's all for nothing.

By the way, how did that inevitable Patriots win go in 2008?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2349 on: March 28, 2013, 01:41:15 PM »
Saying they will do it, and doing it are two different things. 2008 was suppose to be Kobe's year. Finally got the MVP, finally got Pau on his team, the Lakers had the best record in the NBA and then they got taken out by the Celtics. 1994 was suppose to be the Knicks year, Jordan was gone, they beat the Pacers and Reggie Miller, Ewing was on top, then they lost to the Rockets. I don't know how many times the Cavs were going to win the NBA Finals, then ended up losing in the playoffs. Holy crap, remember that great Lakers team in 2004, when they just ran through the strong West conference and lost to the Pistons? You never know who'll come out. Maybe the Thunder surprise everyone? We'll see. Right now LeBron is having his best season ever, most dominate player I've ever seen and that's including Kobe scoring 81 points. But until he gets number 2, it's all for nothing.

the Lakers didn't have the best record in the NBA, the Celtics were 66-16 and took a huge shit on them in the playoffs

that Boston team was described by Tracy McGrady as "the best defense i've ever faced" and they won like 9 more games in the regular season than the Lakers did.

no way Miami doesn't win the title this year

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2350 on: March 28, 2013, 01:51:55 PM »

the Lakers didn't have the best record in the NBA, the Celtics were 66-16 and took a huge shit on them in the playoffs

that Boston team was described by Tracy McGrady as "the best defense i've ever faced" and they won like 9 more games in the regular season than the Lakers did.

That's why all through 2008 all you saw was Kobe/LeBron commercials. Dude wrote off the Celtics.

Dude, in recent history these teams had the best record and didn't win the NBA Finals.

2009 Cavs
2002 Kings (I always love that one)
2011 Chicago Bulls (didn't even make the finals)
2010 Cavs (am I seeing a LeBron trend?)
2007 Mavs (didn't even make it out the first round)
2006 Piston
2005 Suns (those last two teams had the best record? Neither made the finals.)
2004 Pacers (to be fair, the Lakers got all the hype though)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2351 on: March 28, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »
ESPN probably played that "The Boston Three Party" commercial more than any other commercial

stop sleeping on that 08 celtics team son

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2352 on: March 28, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »
ESPN probably played that "The Boston Three Party" commercial more than any other commercial

stop sleeping on that 08 celtics team son

Can't sleep on a team with rings son. I tried that, and they smacked the shit outta the Lakers. Woke me up.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2353 on: March 28, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »
i'll admit i slept on this years Ravens team

didn't think they had a CHANCE at winning the superbowl...esp over the 49ers.

Remedy360

« Reply #2354 on: March 28, 2013, 11:04:51 PM »

That's why all through 2008 all you saw was Kobe/LeBron commercials. Dude wrote off the Celtics.

Nah, that was 2009 when the Magic played the Lakers. I remember Dwight talking about finding it annoying. Don't question me, it was my first year without a team to support.