Author Topic: Dan Marino is the greatest QB to ever live  (Read 1081 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Dan Marino is the greatest QB to ever live
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »
And to think the Steelers were about to pick him but passed on it because the Owner didn't feel his son was energetic enough when he said "yeah we should take him". Can you imagine Marino getting to start his career with Noll and end it with Cowher? The Steelers were a team that went to AFC Championship games and Superbowls with Mark Malone and Neil O'Donnel. With Marino they my very well have gotten more rings than the Curtain did.

theremedy360

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 08:59:27 PM »
Laces out Dan.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 12:27:27 AM »
hey Tommy is that you?  nowonder you love Marino and the Mets...you are a born loser :D

At least I'm not going bald or am already bald, for all we know that pic of you could of been from high school which if it was, you're already bald.  And aren't you the cat working as a salesmen in a cellphone store lmfao.  Ya life is one giant L after another lmfao.  The only time you win is being a front runner and latching on to teams that win.  Look at you, you're from Red Sox country and became a Yanks fan lmao.  You're jump from the Jets and Giants depending on who is better that week.  You aren't man enough to stick it through with one team lmfao.  I may give Cham shit but at least he sticks it through with the Mets of Football, the Jets.  You're a bandwagon fan  The only success's in your life come from those other men achieved lmfao.  You're entire life is one L after another lmfao.  You probably still live in your mother basement lmfao ahahah.  Until you grow some hair come try and box with god.  C'mon even elior has a full head of hair.  You're entire existance revolves around the letter L.  You're mother should be beaten for not swallowing you.

lol,damn

cant front though, dan had zero running game/defensive help and still put up godly numbers. different era when loyalty mattered. a qb of today would have whored himself out to free agency with a quickness. havin said that though:

>>>>>
imagine if he didnt sit behind montana all that time

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 06:58:56 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Imagine Tampa decided they wanted to keep him. He'd have been at best another Vinny Testaverde. That's why I'm always a little hesitant with Montana. That team was too good. It's hard to judge a QB. Young wasa huge bust before he got there. Then he gets to SF and looks like a hall of famer. What happens to Montana in Tampa?

Tha A

• 'G'
  • when it was good to be a knick
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 07:09:02 AM »
I won't say he's without a doubt the best qb ever, but he's maybe my favorite player, at least qb, ever.

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 08:43:12 AM »
greatest QB is John Elway

The Come Up Shuffle

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 08:53:17 AM »

Elway wasn't great QB until he got a 2000 yard rusher.  Elway is one of the most overrated in NFL history.  He was the lovable loser the media shoved down out throats

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 12:19:49 PM »

Elway wasn't great QB until he got a 2000 yard rusher.  Elway is one of the most overrated in NFL history.  He was the lovable loser the media shoved down out throats

5 superbowl appearances?  3 without Davis against FAR superior teams from the NFC.  how many SB's did Dan Marino make without a 2,000 yard rusher again?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 12:52:10 PM »

obviously you dont know what you're talking about.....if anybody is overrated it was marino

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »

obviously you dont know what you're talking about.....if anybody is overrated it was marino

+1   another L for Tammy Fitz
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 08:53:35 PM »
Elway was a fantastic QB. He was much better in the 80s than he was on those 90s SB teams, but those teams were so much better. I never understood what made Elway any better than Kelly. And if not for those last two seasons on that juggernaut team, that would have won just the same with Kelly's talents, he never would have been seen as any better than Kelly. Of course Kelly is also amazing.

Yeah Denver never had a 2000 yard runner in those days, but Elways never cracked 4000 yards or 20 TDs either. In the same era Marino was pushing 5000 and 50 TDs and passing it. The Broncos were a solid team in the 80s with a solid and sound defense and a great coach in Dan Reeves.

Marino had two coaches past their expiry date when he played, a lackluster D, no real run game. It was a team based on his ability more than anything else. And like I've said for a while now; QBs don't win games. They can help, but that's it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 06:34:24 AM »
fuck dan reeves...if mike shanahan was the coach back then as well elway's stats would have been a lot better.....& elway never cracked 4000 yards passing... 1993 stats 4,030 yards passing 25 tds 10 ints. im not trying to take anything away from marino are any other QBs

The Come Up Shuffle

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »
Elway was a fantastic QB. He was much better in the 80s than he was on those 90s SB teams, but those teams were so much better. I never understood what made Elway any better than Kelly. And if not for those last two seasons on that juggernaut team, that would have won just the same with Kelly's talents, he never would have been seen as any better than Kelly. Of course Kelly is also amazing.

Yeah Denver never had a 2000 yard runner in those days, but Elways never cracked 4000 yards or 20 TDs either. In the same era Marino was pushing 5000 and 50 TDs and passing it. The Broncos were a solid team in the 80s with a solid and sound defense and a great coach in Dan Reeves.

Marino had two coaches past their expiry date when he played, a lackluster D, no real run game. It was a team based on his ability more than anything else. And like I've said for a while now; QBs don't win games. They can help, but that's it.

Maybe most overrated was a bit harsh on my part but Shallow sums in up nicely.  Except I would say Denvers defense in the 80's was much better than solid.  He was a great leader but not tht great a passer.  His touchdown to interception ratio leaves a lot to be desired.

The Come Up Shuffle

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 09:26:04 AM »

+1   another L for Tammy Fitz

How is it an L ?  Because I am smart enough to realize the whole a QB's greatness is measured by the SB's he won is a bunch of BS created by the media ?  Because I am smart enough to realize football is the ultimate team game and no one man can carry a team to a Super Bowl victory single handed ?  And Hack if anyone shouldn't be telling me I took another L, it's you.  Hack, I have a full head of hair while you're hairline is leaning back.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 10:22:12 AM »
marino had 1,108 more passing attempts than elway of course he's gonna have more yards & tds than elway. lets bring up rushing stats elway 3407 yards rushing 33 tds.... marino 87 yards rushing 9 tds.... i would rather have a qb that can thow & run