Author Topic: Dan Marino is the greatest QB to ever live  (Read 1080 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Dan Marino is the greatest QB to ever live
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 12:19:15 PM »
eli manning has more superbowl victories :D

Eh, his brother is the only person I could see that could be compared to Marino. Joe Montana too.

my top QBs of all time

Otto Graham
Joe Montana
Peyton Manning
Johnny Unitas
Brett Favre
Dan Marino
John Elway
Bart Starr
Tom Brady  (die!)
Terry Bradshaw  (took steroids so he gets a downgrade)

Steve Young in his prime mayb e #1 but sadly he didn't start playing until age 29 so he didn't crack my top 10

here's my top QB's list:

1 joe montana (the greatest ever, still undefeated in super bowls)
2 tom brady (the 2nd coming of montana kinda)
3 john elway (a true warrior that got his rings finally)
4 johnny unitas (the name says it all)
5 brett farve (70,000 yards, 500 tds & 100% heart)
6 steve young (his numbers were incredible even starting late in his career)
7 terry bradshaw (if he wasn't such a hater he'd be higher on the list)
8 dan marino (great cannon of an arm but not mobile enough)
9 peyton manning (the 2nd coming of marino kinda, except he won a ring lmao)
10 ............................

Steve Young didn't start that late. He just didn't get on a great team until late. If Steve Young is absolute proof that QBs need teams to win and no matter how good you are if you're team isn't as good or better than the QB there is no rings then nothing will. He was on Tampa and he was way worse than Marino was when Marino was on bad teams.

If idiots want to say dismiss Marino against Montana, even when Montana's own coach says otherwise then fine, but to imply that Steve Young was ever better than Dan Marino is a joke. If Marino was on the 9ers there would not have been a Cowboys dynasty. Now if Marino was on the Cowboys they would have had 4 or 5 straight titles.

And Bradshaw? You could have started some of those seasons and the Steelers still would have made the playoffs.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 02:52:08 PM »
eli manning has more superbowl victories :D

Eh, his brother is the only person I could see that could be compared to Marino. Joe Montana too.

my top QBs of all time

Otto Graham
Joe Montana
Peyton Manning
Johnny Unitas
Brett Favre
Dan Marino
John Elway
Bart Starr
Tom Brady  (die!)
Terry Bradshaw  (took steroids so he gets a downgrade)

Steve Young in his prime mayb e #1 but sadly he didn't start playing until age 29 so he didn't crack my top 10

here's my top QB's list:

1 joe montana (the greatest ever, still undefeated in super bowls)
2 tom brady (the 2nd coming of montana kinda)
3 john elway (a true warrior that got his rings finally)
4 johnny unitas (the name says it all)
5 brett farve (70,000 yards, 500 tds & 100% heart)
6 steve young (his numbers were incredible even starting late in his career)
7 terry bradshaw (if he wasn't such a hater he'd be higher on the list)
8 dan marino (great cannon of an arm but not mobile enough)
9 peyton manning (the 2nd coming of marino kinda, except he won a ring lmao)
10 ............................

Steve Young didn't start that late. He just didn't get on a great team until late. If Steve Young is absolute proof that QBs need teams to win and no matter how good you are if you're team isn't as good or better than the QB there is no rings then nothing will. He was on Tampa and he was way worse than Marino was when Marino was on bad teams.

If idiots want to say dismiss Marino against Montana, even when Montana's own coach says otherwise then fine, but to imply that Steve Young was ever better than Dan Marino is a joke. If Marino was on the 9ers there would not have been a Cowboys dynasty. Now if Marino was on the Cowboys they would have had 4 or 5 straight titles.

And Bradshaw? You could have started some of those seasons and the Steelers still would have made the playoffs.

do you need a towel for those cries for agreement & tears, look you have your opinion & preference i have mines...i posted my list, its pretty simple & you're no more right than i am end of story  ;)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 07:05:40 PM »

do you need a towel for those cries for agreement & tears, look you have your opinion & preference i have mines...i posted my list, its pretty simple & you're no more right than i am end of story  ;)

I didn't mean to make it sound personal. It was more a response to anyone that thinks QBs make teams great rather than teams make QBs great. I fully believe that 95% of the QBs on, even my own, top 25 list wouldn't have amounted to shit if they had to play on the same Bucs Steve Young played on.

Now the old time QBs are different because they called the plays on the field with little coaches involvement. But in the new age only the select few work as much as coach as they do QB. Marino was all talent when he was healthy. He didn't need to run, the passing game was never the problem. Manning is his own offense. Put him on San Fran or NYJ, let him run his own offense while Singletary only worries about defense and you'd see a dynasty. He might end up winning more rings as a coach than any other QB did as player. It doesn't hurt that Peyt is just a step behind Dan in raw talent as well. Brett Favre is a wild man cowboy but his instinct and raw abilities carried him through all the bad decisions.

Those are only three QBs I can think of right now that could have played 10 seasons on the 80s Bucs, never make it to the playoffs once, but still shine so bright there is no way you could keep them off a top 25 list. The rest are hit or miss. The only difference between Troy Aikman and Vinnie Testaverde is one got to play with Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys as a pro, and one didn't. Vinnie won't make too many top 25 lists. Troy probably makes almost everybody's.

The 1968 Jets had a defensive captain who called all the defensive plays in SBIII, I think it was Gerry Philbin but I forget now. There were no head sets or DCs on the side dictating how to stop the high powered Colts offense. He stared into the eyes of Earl Morall and Johnny Unitas and defeated them both, and held them to one TD late in the game, and then after that only TD that Unitas lead the drive on, the Colts got an onside kick and wanted to make it 16-14 but dude stopped them dead in their tracks and ended the game 16-7. He called every defensive play, and who gets all the praise? Broadway fucking Joe.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 07:32:44 PM »

I didn't mean to make it sound personal. It was more a response to anyone that thinks QBs make teams great rather than teams make QBs great. I fully believe that 95% of the QBs on, even my own, top 25 list wouldn't have amounted to shit if they had to play on the same Bucs Steve Young played on.

Now the old time QBs are different because they called the plays on the field with little coaches involvement. But in the new age only the select few work as much as coach as they do QB. Marino was all talent when he was healthy. He didn't need to run, the passing game was never the problem. Manning is his own offense. Put him on San Fran or NYJ, let him run his own offense while Singletary only worries about defense and you'd see a dynasty. He might end up winning more rings as a coach than any other QB did as player. It doesn't hurt that Peyt is just a step behind Dan in raw talent as well. Brett Favre is a wild man cowboy but his instinct and raw abilities carried him through all the bad decisions.

Those are only three QBs I can think of right now that could have played 10 seasons on the 80s Bucs, never make it to the playoffs once, but still shine so bright there is no way you could keep them off a top 25 list. The rest are hit or miss. The only difference between Troy Aikman and Vinnie Testaverde is one got to play with Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys as a pro, and one didn't. Vinnie won't make too many top 25 lists. Troy probably makes almost everybody's.

The 1968 Jets had a defensive captain who called all the defensive plays in SBIII, I think it was Gerry Philbin but I forget now. There were no head sets or DCs on the side dictating how to stop the high powered Colts offense. He stared into the eyes of Earl Morall and Johnny Unitas and defeated them both, and held them to one TD late in the game, and then after that only TD that Unitas lead the drive on, the Colts got an onside kick and wanted to make it 16-14 but dude stopped them dead in their tracks and ended the game 16-7. He called every defensive play, and who gets all the praise? Broadway fucking Joe.

i understand your points and agree with some of em but you're forgetting the most important tool a quaterback needs to reach greatness and championships, yes marino, manning ect.. ect.. have pure raw talent & skills but montana, brady & young have the brains over em anyday. to be able to grasp the westcoast offense playbook in full capability & run it as smoothly is more talent in itself.
everyone in life has a destiny, montana, brady, young ect.. ect...were destined to be winners, marino & a few others you mentioned didnt have the teams that montana ect... had but hey that was their destiny..no use in imagining what if they had this or that cause it just wasnt meant for em  ;)     

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 07:37:26 PM »
let's continue to act like Super Duper wasn't the man  ::)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »

i understand your points and agree with some of em but you're forgetting the most important tool a quaterback needs to reach greatness and championships, yes marino, manning ect.. ect.. have pure raw talent & skills but montana, brady & young have the brains over em anyday. to be able to grasp the westcoast offense playbook in full capability & run it as smoothly is more talent in itself.
everyone in life has a destiny, montana, brady, young ect.. ect...were destined to be winners, marino & a few others you mentioned didnt have the teams that montana ect... had but hey that was their destiny..no use in imagining what if they had this or that cause it just wasnt meant for em  ;)     

Brady has the brains over Manning? When the Pats were winning those games Brady was told plays from a head set and then read them off an arm band in the huddle and then passed the ball 3 yards out for the WR to go an extra 15 thanks to key blocks. All the while Manning calls his own plays at the line of scrimmage with no huddle and you're saying Brady has more brains?

I've heard and disagreed with the buckle under pressure argument or can't perform as well in the big game and at least I get where those arguments are coming from. I've never heard anyone say Brady is the smarter QB. But whatever, to each their own. He impregnated a Hollywood star, she wouldn't give the kid the last name Brady after he abandoned them, then named the kid after the Jets, and he still managed to keep his image squeaky clean while Vick gets thrown under the bus for killing a few dogs. So, in that regard I guess he is smarter than Manning.

Let me just re-quote Bill Walsh "Montana had a great system. Marino was a system". Walsh built a system around having a limited QB, and in turn made the QB seem limitless. Montana was no better than Ken Anderson, and if Ken had come to the 9ers with Walsh he would have been wearing Joe first two rings. Anderson gets forgotten because he never had the defense or the o-line Joe had.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2010, 05:47:08 PM »
hey why don't you fulfull your whining to NIK and kill yourself?  you're obviously a bitter peice of shit who cries himself to sleep everynight...with your Jose Reyes shirt on
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2010, 08:44:23 PM »
hey why don't you fulfull your whining to NIK and kill yourself?  you're obviously a bitter peice of shit who cries himself to sleep everynight...with your Jose Reyes shirt on

LMFAO bringing up shit I mentioned 8-9 years ago lmfao.  And I openly admitted how depressed I was on the entire board during those years.  Keep reaching though Hack lol.  And look at you, thread isn't even about Baseball and you can't keep the Mets name out ya mouth.

ps: keep neg repping me as if I care, don't think I didn't notice that :D

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2010, 09:15:36 PM »

LMFAO bringing up shit I mentioned 8-9 years ago lmfao.  And I openly admitted how depressed I was on the entire board during those years.  Keep reaching though Hack lol.  And look at you, thread isn't even about Baseball and you can't keep the Mets name out ya mouth.

ps: keep neg repping me as if I care, don't think I didn't notice that :D

how do i know when someone neg reps me?