Author Topic: (Video) Ice Cube ft. Doughboy/OMG "She Couldn't Make It On Her Own"  (Read 999 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: (Video) Ice Cube ft. Doughboy/OMG "She Couldn't Make It On Her Own"
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 10:14:02 PM »
Doughboy? OMG? WTF?

kemizt

doggfather

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 11:25:02 PM »
Good vid, bad song.
Hope the boys ain't got solo albums ever...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 12:07:13 AM »
Song is cool. I don't get the video concept though.

So there's a bunch of sharp dressed fellas standing outside waiting for a bitch to roll up on them and swoop up who they like the best? Are they pimps or gigolos? lol

hook goes "She had to get a pimp, she couldn't make it on her own", so it's a bunch of pimps trying to get with her or whatever. thats what i took it as anyway

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 05:40:44 AM »
Cool video, I like the song too. But his second son is kinda wack to me. Which one of them is it?
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 07:22:20 AM »
Cool video, I like the song too. But his second son is kinda wack to me. Which one of them is it?

it's Doughboy 2nd i think

Lucifuge

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 07:32:16 AM »
beat is dumb :-\
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 07:39:14 AM »
Song is cool. I don't get the video concept though.

So there's a bunch of sharp dressed fellas standing outside waiting for a bitch to roll up on them and swoop up who they like the best? Are they pimps or gigolos? lol

hook goes "She had to get a pimp, she couldn't make it on her own", so it's a bunch of pimps trying to get with her or whatever. thats what i took it as anyway

Actually it's the opposite.  She's trying to get herself a pimp because she's taking the L without one.  The problem is choosing which one she wants.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 09:35:51 AM »
Being a huge Ice Cube fan, I can honestly say I am not looking forward to this album, AT ALL.

Wow.  I'm shocked to hear you say that.  Have you heard the sampler yet?  There's about 4 tracks that are sounding out of whack but the rest sounds good to me plus there will be at least two bonus tracks.
Being a huge Ice Cube fan, I can honestly say I am not looking forward to this album, AT ALL.
why is that?

I heard the sampler a couple of times and except for 3 or 4 tracks, I am just not feeling the music. His flow is choppy at best on the songs I heard and the beats are  :-X on quite a few of the tracks. Maybe my opinion will change but I highly doubt it. Sounds like it will easily be his worst album.
ok, but didn't Raw Footage have songs that sound similar?
you like that album, right?

Blasphemy

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 10:07:54 AM »

Wow.  I'm shocked to hear you say that.  Have you heard the sampler yet?  There's about 4 tracks that are sounding out of whack but the rest sounds good to me plus there will be at least two bonus tracks.
why is that?

I heard the sampler a couple of times and except for 3 or 4 tracks, I am just not feeling the music. His flow is choppy at best on the songs I heard and the beats are  :-X on quite a few of the tracks. Maybe my opinion will change but I highly doubt it. Sounds like it will easily be his worst album.

I think 1 of the differences is though this track sounds like it was done on Fruity Loops or something like that. It's a very basic beat compared to literally everything else in his entire Career. Either way It's probably the one of his top 5 weakest tracks and probably one of his weakest on the album. Still getting it, and this has some rotation with the current 3 singles, but it's getting less play then the others.

Also the video did seem weird. It just seemed sorta surreal.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 11:19:55 AM »

why is that?

Not to me. Like I said in a previous thread and Blasphemy said, the quality of the production is much better on RF then IATW. The similiar sounds that really does not bother me, a bad beat is a bad beat for me. She Couldn't Make It On Her Own for example has a nice bassline, but those screeching keys are annoying as fuck to me.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 02:14:40 PM »
I think 1 of the differences is though this track sounds like it was done on Fruity Loops or something like that. It's a very basic beat compared to literally everything else in his entire Career. Either way It's probably the one of his top 5 weakest tracks and probably one of his weakest on the album. Still getting it, and this has some rotation with the current 3 singles, but it's getting less play then the others.

Also the video did seem weird. It just seemed sorta surreal.

Wow.  I'm shocked to hear you say that.  Have you heard the sampler yet?  There's about 4 tracks that are sounding out of whack but the rest sounds good to me plus there will be at least two bonus tracks.
why is that?

I heard the sampler a couple of times and except for 3 or 4 tracks, I am just not feeling the music. His flow is choppy at best on the songs I heard and the beats are  :-X on quite a few of the tracks. Maybe my opinion will change but I highly doubt it. Sounds like it will easily be his worst album.

Not to me. Like I said in a previous thread and Blasphemy said, the quality of the production is much better on RF then IATW. The similiar sounds that really does not bother me, a bad beat is a bad beat for me. She Couldn't Make It On Her Own for example has a nice bassline, but those screeching keys are annoying as fuck to me.
i see.

SO PRUP

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 02:41:01 PM »
The song may not be good, but the video is one of the best westcoast videos this year

how? lmao

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »
see the metaphor used in the song went over yall head( it has a i useta lover her and westside slaughterhouse metaphor goin)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 08:14:57 PM »
see the metaphor used in the song went over yall head( it has a i useta lover her and westside slaughterhouse metaphor goin)

Cube's a sharp dude but I think you're reaching on that one.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 09:49:32 PM »
I feel yah. I ain't feelin' none of his sample tracks...except one of them.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]