Author Topic: Charlie Wilson ("Shabba-dabba-twi-twi-twi")  (Read 2763 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: The DPGC Legacy: Charlie Wilson
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 07:09:41 PM »
That cover is fresh as hell. Clean shit homie!

Trip Dee

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 03:24:42 AM »
that cover is ill famo.
That cover is fresh as hell. Clean shit homie!

aprreciate that fam. thanks for the feedback!

The Predator

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »
Putting in major work. 

:rock:

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 07:46:13 AM »
Update
The Joy (Kanye West feat. Charlie Wilson, Curtis Mayfield, Jay-Z, Kid Cudi, Pete Rock) [Produced by Pete Rock] [NEW ADDITION]
http://depositfiles.com/files/3ffo70g2n

All of the Lights (Kanye West feat. John Legend, The Dream, Ryan Leslie, Tony Williams, Charlie Wilson, Elly Jackson, Alicia Keys, Fergie, Kid Cudi, Rihanna, Elton John) [NEW ADDITION]
http://usershare.net/bi181ufzny4q
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:51:12 AM by imsohappydatmydiccsbig »

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 07:50:50 AM »
one more Update
some more great music.
8 different Charlie Wilson-tracks from different eras -  70's, 80's, 90's and 2009.
funk, hiphop, new jack-swing, pop and soul.
check em out,  8)
-------------------------------------------
Can't Live Without You - Pt. 2 (Charlie Wilson)
Do Me Right (Pebbles feat. Charlie Wilson) [Produced by Charlie Wilson]
Don't Mess With My Heart (The Skwares feat. Charlie Wilson) [Produced by Charlie Wilson]
Fever (Nona Gaye feat. Charlie Wilson)
I Wanna Ride (Manuquin feat. Charlie Wilson) [Produced by Charlie Wilson, Ronnie Wilson]
Rock the Nation (Extended Mix) (Billy And Baby Gap feat. Charlie Wilson) [Produced by Charlie Wilson]
Shine a Light (Manuquin feat. Charlie Wilson) [Produced by Charlie Wilson, Ronnie Wilson]
Take Your Time (Pebbles feat. Charlie Wilson) [Produced by Charlie Wilson]
http://limelinx.com/files/70511fd90dd10cdff6df61f71496c283

Will_B

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 07:55:50 AM »
Dude you're owning this forum ;D

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2010, 01:00:57 PM »

"the world is mine... and everything in it"

8) 8) 8)
 :P

SWEEPY420

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010, 08:31:58 PM »
DPG LEGACY are the shit... maaad propz

a DPG LEGACY: NATE DOGG, BATTLECAT, SOOPAFLY would be sweet too

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2010, 02:07:33 PM »
18 more tracks..
even some Gap Band-stuff this time.
didn't have any Gap Band-songs on the compilation - mainly because all of the released material were featured on their albums (always excluding album-stuff)
but now i did find some really rare Gap band-stuff on different 12'' inch-releases and movie-soundtracks.

Update
Addicted To Your Love (Extended Mix) (The Gap Band)
All of My Love (Extended Mix) (The Gap Band) [Produced by Charlie Wilson, Ronnie Wilson]
All of My Love (Just Coolin' Mix) (The Gap Band) [Produced by Charlie Wilson, Ronnie Wilson]
Been Around the World (Charlie Wilson)
Disrespect (Extended Mix) (The Gap Band)
Do You Remember? (Snoop Doggy Dogg feat. Charlie Wilson)
Groove On (Remix) (Bigg Robb feat. B Soul, Charlie Wilson)
I Don't Believe You Want To Get Up & Dance (Oops, Upside Your Head) [single-version] (The Gap Band)
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (The Gap Band) [Produced by Charlie Wilson, Ronnie Wilson]
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (Extended Mix) (The Gap Band) [Produced by Charlie Wilson, Ronnie Wilson]
Love Triangle (The Gap Band)
Party Lights (Remix) (The Gap Band)
Real Slow Today (Boris Grebenshkov feat. Annie Lennox (of Eurythmics), Charlie Wilson)
The Christmas Song (The Gap Band)
You're So Cute (The Gap Band)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MXIR05KH (15 new additions)

and some bonus-tracks from different Charlie Wilson/Gap band-albums..
Humpin' (The Gap Band) [Gap band "The 12 Collection" re-issue bonus]
Please Believe Me (Charlie Wilson) [Charlie Wilson "You Turn My Life Around" CD-bonus]
Shake (Extended Disco Mix) (The Gap Band) [Gap Band "The 12 Collection" re-issue bonus]
http://limelinx.com/files/a1824310f1e08a864f6f8f895d5ac030 (3 new additions)

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2010, 12:52:02 PM »
charlies new album
"Just Charlie", now available on iTunes.
PERFECT xmas-music  ;)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/just-charlie/id403585592

Desert Lord

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 01:45:01 PM »
+1 homie

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2011, 09:42:13 AM »
Blazin' (Kanye West feat. Charlie Wilson, Rihanna)
Everything (Ashten James feat. Charlie Wilson)
Gangsta Move (Snoop Dogg feat. Charlie Wilson)
Getcha On the Dancefloor [Prod by D.J. Pooh]
See Me Now (Remix) (Kanye West feat. Beyoncé Knowles, Big Sean, Charlie Wilson) --- better quality than O.G.
----
plus, a better version of this..
Comebacksly (Michael Hampton feat. Charlie Wilson)
http://limelinx.com/files/fab61844cfe270cb4e4d36a0d488d8c3 (6 tracks)

bouli77

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2011, 05:37:00 PM »
Thanks for the effort, I'm a huge Charlie Wilson fan and I beg to disagree. I will never see him as a DPG member (that would be almost insulting for such a funk legend). It's like saying Crooked I belongs to the DPG Family 'cause he came up under them. First off, he's always almost exclusively fucked with Snoop Dogg. If the other pound members were with Snoop on the song than he was doing song with them (like on Groupie) but that's pretty much it. You never saw him on a Daz, Kurupt, Soopafly or any Dogg Pound project. Actually there's this song featuring Kurupt on the y2k Gap Band album but that's it. Second off, he's never actually released an album under the Doggystyle/Dogg Pound imprint. The last one was produced by himself, the one before was all R. Kelly, Bridging The Gap was different too. Now that means a lot, it means that Charlie Wilson has a strong connection with Snoop Dogg (Charlie Wilson was homeless in the mid 90's back when Snoop signed him to Doggystyle, that may be why) but that he's not like from his family music wise. Since Charlie resurfaced in the early 2000's he's been involved with every big artist, your playlist shows it. His career is back on track and he doesn't have to be under-used on Snoop's releases.

I'd like to say that I'm a Gap Band fan and that i've always hated the stuff he did with Snoop. Sure he's on point on Snoop's upside ya head or Can't Say Goodbye but dude was so much underused and to me his perfomances never lived up to what he did with the G.A.P.. I do love some of his solo songs though, like Charlie Last Name Wilson.

I don't consider Battlecat a DPG member but if i had to pick between him and Charlie I'd say Cat. You don't see Charlie Wilson in cd's inlay like you see Battlecat on the two Eastsidaz album. I'd say ever since Snoop fucked with him on Dogghouse, he has at least as much potential as Charlie Wilson to belong to the DPG family. Kinda like DJ Pooh...

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2011, 06:16:37 PM »
its not a big deal really. im using the DPCC Legacy-concept more as an excuse to do something for Uncle Charlie..
plus, if Snoop said Charlie is under the DPG-tree, then thats fine wit me.
lol, if one-minute dudes like E-White and Hustle Boyz can be considered DPG, then a veterans like Charlie sure as hell is okay in my book..

Charlie Wilson is a legend, and his career goes way back than Snoop Dogg, back to the 70's wit The Gap Band.
but Snoop Dogg resurrected him, literarly. nobody was fuckin wit Charlie, after he fell off during the 90's - until Snoop swooped him up and signed him to Doggystyle/Death Row-records (reasons like that is enough, cus i did somethin for LaToiya Williams too). the moniker -- Uncle Charlie, thats Snoops nickname for him.

Charlie came up under DPG, yes - definiteyl - the second-generation/"new" Charlie..
no one from this generation would know about Charlie if it wasnt for Snoop and R. Kelly..
yes, Charlie is solely making songs with Snoop, but thats the same case wit DPG-dudes like Lil C-Style. C-Style never fucked wit Kurupt, only Daz and Snoop - and nobodys arguin about his involvement. Same thing wit dudes like Techniec, Swoop G and Roscoe (none never released any album under the DPG/Dogghouse-moniker (nor signed to Snoop -- (unlike Charlie, the FIRST artist Snoop ever signed//together wit LBC Crew).. make any sense?
basicaly, im covering affiliated acts, not only key-members.
Battlecat? no, 10-15 songs wit Eastsidaz doesnt make him DPG in my book though.
if u want to make a compilation wit Battlecat-stuff, be my guest..
DJ Pooh belongs to the Da Lench Mob-family. i did a comp on him though.
u know where to find it.. ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:43:17 AM by Michael Madsen »

bouli77

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2011, 01:57:43 AM »
its not a big deal really. im using the DPCC Legacy-concept more as an excuse to do something for Uncle Charlie..
plus, if Snoop said Charlie is under the DPG-tree, then thats fine wit me.
lol, if one-minute dudes like E-White and Hustle Boyz can be considered DPG, then a veterans like Charlie sure as hell is okay in my book..

Charlie Wilson is a legend, and his career goes way back than Snoop Dogg, back to the 70's wit The Gap Band.
but Snoop Dogg resurrected him, literarly. nobody was fuckin wit Charlie, after he fell off during the 90's - until Snoop swooped him up and signed him to Doggystyle/Death Row-records (reasons like that is enough, cus i did somethin for LaToiya Williams too). the moniker -- Uncle Charlie, thats Snoops nickname for him.

Charlie came up under DPG, yes - definiteyl - the second-generation/"new" Charlie..
no one from this generation would know about Charlie if it wasnt for Snoop and R. Kelly..
yes, Charlie is solely making songs with Snoop, but thats the same case wit DPG-dudes like Lil C-Style. C-Style never fucked wit Kurupt, only Daz and Snoop - and nobodys arguin about his involvement. Same thing wit dudes like Techniec, Swoop G and Roscoe (none never released any album under the DPG/Dogghouse-moniker (nor signed to Snoop -- (unlike Charlie, the FIRST artist Snoop ever signed//together wit LBC Crew).. make any sense?
basicaly, im covering affiliated acts, not only key-members.
Battlecat? no, 10-15 songs wit Eastsidaz doesnt make him DPG in my book though.
if u want to make a compilation wit Battlecat-stuff, be my guest..
DJ Pooh belongs to the Da Lench Mob-family. i did a comp on him though.
u know where to find it..

yeah it's all good man... like I said it's a nice effort... it's not a big deal like you said but i was just giving my opinion. i agree with you, Snoop resurrected him. He was a homeless in L.A. in the mid 90's after he went bankrupt and he had no rights on the old gap band hits so he wasn't making royalties.