Author Topic: 80 Blocks from Tiffany's [dope movie/doc about early gangs in New York]  (Read 222 times)

Elano

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/71yLEfRpsKo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/71yLEfRpsKo</a>

"1970's Gang life in the South Bronx...The Real Deal"

The most realistic movie on gang life and the South Bronx community of the 70's available.

Reach back in time with an intimate look at life on the streets for young teen juvie offenders. Shockingly realistic interviews with 1970's gang members of the savage nomads and the savage skulls. Amazingly this authentic documentary does not contain any of the normal pitfalls that befuddle today's more exploitive "gang" investigative films of the " 60mins." type. - the film maker Gary Weis of SNL fame manages to completely let the film speak for itself. A rare glimpse into late 70's New York towards the end of the infamous South Bronx Gangs. The documentary shows many sides of the community of the South Bronx including. reformed gang members, current gang members, the police, community dj block parties, hip hop and leaders who try and reach out. This is a gem of history that cannot be missed.

A film like this is simply unable to be made today!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 01:31:27 AM by ELANO »

Elkoizm

Re: 80 Blocks from Tiffany's [dope movie/doc about early gangs in New York]
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 05:31:55 AM »
I love this shit. The 70's was a crazy era. Not too long ago i finished reading a book about Graffiti in the 1970's and I wanted to see some film to support the visuals. Briefly mentioned how the gangs started hittin up walls and whatnot. This makes me think of The Warriors but from a real life point of view. Definitely gonna cop this.

Thanks for the heads up!

Oh yeah and Effy can get it  ;)

Elkoizm

Re: 80 Blocks from Tiffany's [dope movie/doc about early gangs in New York]
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 05:08:25 AM »
This is on youtube. Pretty dope. Wish they spoke to the members more. Some real hood shit was happening in those days.