Author Topic: Joe Budden fans are probably as loyal as ICP fans  (Read 628 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: Joe Budden fans are probably as loyal as ICP fans
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 04:28:12 AM »
I will always prefer Grandmaster - The Message over Biz Markie - Just a Friend.    You should be able to spot the difference in subject content....

This seems to be a horrible example for whatever you're trying to say. Those songs have two different subject matters but one isn't more "disposable" than the other. One is about living in the ghetto, one is about a girl cheating on a guy with "just a friend" (something I went through recently, so its particularly meaningful for me). One isn't more disposable than the other, since they both talk about real life situations.

LOL.  Every rap song made talks about a "real life situation", unless you know a rapper spitting about dragons and unicorns... You are still too emotional and the song is meaning more to you than it should.  Relisten to that joint in a few months, there is no way that song is getting played around me in seriousness unless I'm at a party.

But, hey, if you think Just a Friend is classic shit aka indisposable, by all means.

PS: sorry about your ex, fuck that bitch?

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 04:37:35 AM »
aw come on you did not just say 'just a friend' aint a classic! time to hand in your hip-hop pass dude  :P

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 09:13:43 AM »
I will always prefer Grandmaster - The Message over Biz Markie - Just a Friend.    You should be able to spot the difference in subject content....

This seems to be a horrible example for whatever you're trying to say. Those songs have two different subject matters but one isn't more "disposable" than the other. One is about living in the ghetto, one is about a girl cheating on a guy with "just a friend" (something I went through recently, so its particularly meaningful for me). One isn't more disposable than the other, since they both talk about real life situations.

LOL.  Every rap song made talks about a "real life situation", unless you know a rapper spitting about dragons and unicorns... You are still too emotional and the song is meaning more to you than it should.  Relisten to that joint in a few months, there is no way that song is getting played around me in seriousness unless I'm at a party.

But, hey, if you think Just a Friend is classic shit aka indisposable, by all means.

PS: sorry about your ex, fuck that bitch?

Lmao, you think its not a classic?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »
Just went to Joe Budden's concert last night in Manhattan & being there is a prime example of why he has such a solid, supporting, dedicated fan base.

He gives so much back. Performed for three hours straight, no breaks; brought out Crooked & Royce, Pharoahe Monch; all rocking the stage.

Pulling people on stage at times; just so dedicated back to the fans that you have to hope the fans give it back.

You don't see many artists so close to their fans like that.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 01:15:46 PM »
Just went to Joe Budden's concert last night in Manhattan & being there is a prime example of why he has such a solid, supporting, dedicated fan base.

He gives so much back. Performed for three hours straight, no breaks; brought out Crooked & Royce, Pharoahe Monch; all rocking the stage.

Pulling people on stage at times; just so dedicated back to the fans that you have to hope the fans give it back.

You don't see many artists so close to their fans like that.
DID JOSEPH PREFORM "PIMP IT UP'/
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 02:47:20 PM »
^LOL, you already know. He hyped it up like he was about to play some dark shit & "PUMP, PUMP, PUMP IT UP!". 8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2010, 03:20:15 PM »
^LOL, you already know. He hyped it up like he was about to play some dark shit & "PUMP, PUMP, PUMP IT UP!". 8)

Lol, its a weird situation. Sometimes he acts like he's ashamed of that song but at the same time its what made him.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2010, 08:02:07 PM »
Nah rapsodie for me it falls into category of on the brink of good song, but too cheesy sounding, lol.  I know alot of ppl love that one tho..

And nice example Cham!  Glad it was a good show.

"Telling me she don't give brain like I'm stupid
You can do anything if you put your mind to it"

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2010, 08:04:47 PM »

Lol, its a weird situation. Sometimes he acts like he's ashamed of that song but at the same time its what made him.
.     It's a double edged sword. It gave him his biggest success but it also is an anamoly in his catalogue material wise. It would be like 2pac only being known for I get around and people thinking that's the only music he makes.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2010, 08:34:50 PM »
MC Juice did a freestyle over "pump it up" and it is classic....basically makes Joe's version worthless

great beat and the pump it up chorus is mad catchy lol
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »
MC Juice did a freestyle over "pump it up" and it is classic....basically makes Joe's version worthless

great beat and the pump it up chorus is mad catchy lol

Post it?

and let's not forget the "remix" Jay-Z and Joe did to it:

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2010, 10:12:02 PM »
http://limelinx.com/files/6d4fe10fb930bf27ec11e9ca76f644e0    finally, you'll be able to bump that beat without feeling ashamed of Joey :D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2010, 10:16:59 PM »
http://limelinx.com/files/6d4fe10fb930bf27ec11e9ca76f644e0    finally, you'll be able to bump that beat without feeling ashamed of Joey :D

That was dope, props.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2010, 10:17:50 PM »
you are welcome sir

i don't know why MC Juice gets slept on so bad around here....seems like mosta the Dub has never heard of him

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2010, 10:23:19 PM »
you are welcome sir

i don't know why MC Juice gets slept on so bad around here....seems like mosta the Dub has never heard of him

Ill Hip Hop my fav song by him.