Author Topic: your feelins on racism...  (Read 3517 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
your feelins on racism...
« on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:41 PM »
well as alot of y'all know, theres alot of white bwoys up in congress who dont like us niggaz.............

what are y'all feelings on this......

this may sound a lil racist but like i always felt and still do believe its a white mans world........

dya feel this will ever change?

and dya all ever feel equal with ppl around you........like all colours...like a white kid in a black neighbourhood or a black kid in a white area..........dya all get treated with the same typa respect that the majority get treated with?

peace

Trauma-san

Re:your feelins on racism...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2002, 05:48:28 PM »
I'm white, and I think I get treated much better than black people.  I live in NC and it's pretty racist here.

I think the only way racism will ever get 'done away' with is just naturally through times.  I think education is the only way to stop it, and that slowly this will happen, it's already much better than it was... I think Racism is a waning problem, not a waxing one.  I think with each generation, there will be more and more understanding, but it might take a couple hundred years for it to be pretty nonexistant.  Any radical attempts to stop racism will just fuel it, and any attempts to counterbalance it (i.e., so called 'reverse racism', affirmative action, etc.) will probably fuel it also.  

With all that said, I think everybody deep down is slightly racist, to the extent that they slightly prefer their own race over all other races, because of a matter of pride, and heritage.  I think there's nothing wrong with a black man being proud of black men, thinking their the greatest in the world, and vice versa.  Kinda like britain and america each think they're the greatest country in the world.  It's natural.  

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 07:07:48 PM »
EVERYBODYS racist...

OutSider

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2002, 11:14:46 PM »
I personally believe there is not supreme race or inferior race. Although Prejudism is everywhere and everyone. People tend to have Negitive attutude towards ethinic groups that they are not familar with or raced with racist beliefs..... causing them to become prejudges or racist..

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2002, 12:06:57 AM »
I agree with Trauma's point.  Our generation is much less racist than our parents, and our kids will be even less racist.  However, it is true that every country exhibits some form of racism so I doubt it will go away completely for a long time.  

In America I think racism won't go away completely, but will change form.  It won't be an outward hatred towards blacks for no reason, but society will still deem america racist towards black for another reason.  This reason is largely the fault of America itself, but is no an inevitable dilemma we will face.   That being the majority of blacks in America were swept into ghetto's, and forced to attend ghetto schools.  There is now a strong culture within the ghetto that will not go away any time soon, and that culture unfortunately brings down the black community at least according to the normal united states standards.  Basically, ghetto culture is accepted by teeny boppers as alright, but the white collar class will always be turned off by it.  The strong and rightful attachment to this culture will ensure it lasts a long time and thereby creating a sort of detachment from the majority of blacks from "white" america.  

The poor schooling systems further keeps people trapped in the ghetto, and the constant reinforcement from black celebrities preaching bling bling, and gangsterism is only helping create the problem.  If it is a problem.  

But while I may be an asshole in saying so.  Is it fair to expect your average run of the mill white collar white guy to be able to relate to a person with "hip hop culture"

For example, LA and rural NY are two totally diff cultures whose people have a hard time relating to each other.  No one considers this a problem, its understood and for good reason.  Some guy that lives in the woods prolly can't relate to a city guy at least on a constistant basis.  I think that was a lil extreme, but hopefully you get the point I am attempting to make.  Likewise though, a typical white person doesn't understand hip hop culture anymore than the person with hip hop culture understands the white man culture.  Hip hop culture dislikes white man culture, white man culture can't relate to hip hop culture.  Just like the guy that lives on a farm, can't relate easily to the guy that lives in the city.  Its the way things are, but becuz of this we will still be deemed racist.  In a sense its not fair becuz we created hip hop culture by forcing blacks into the ghetto.  But on the other hand, what can you do about it?

EM28

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2002, 12:26:14 AM »
I fuckin hate rascism but it's never going to go away.  Everybody's going to think better of their own race and think down on other races but i think nik said that everybody's rascist and that's true.  Everybody in here is rascist sometimes.

peace

CWalker187

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2002, 10:42:08 AM »
I don't consider America to be a racist country in comparison to other parts of the world.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2002, 10:57:39 AM »
I don't consider America to be a racist country in comparison to other parts of the world.

Thanks George

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2002, 02:35:58 PM »
^^^ thats probably true.  You probably just haven't been to other countries that much.   Or if you have, weren't there long enough to see their form of racism.  

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2002, 03:50:58 PM »
^^^ thats probably true.  You probably just haven't been to other countries that much.   Or if you have, weren't there long enough to see their form of racism.  

well my teacher went to america and shes white........and like she went to this place where that black gal.....u know the one who fought for her place on a bus years ago..........sum typa musuem or sumthang, n ppl were throwin stuff at her........other white ppl this is n calling her nigga lover n shit

i was like shocked cuz i thought there was alot of niggaz in america but i guess like trauma said, its sumthang that will get less with time.............but ther'll always be ppl who are groomed by the bigger ppl in there countries to be the way the see right

peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2002, 05:04:04 PM »
^^ That's not tolerated, however.  Whatever you teacher saw was isolated, it ain't all people throwing rocks and sh*t, LOL.  It's more like "Look at that nigger over there" when nobody's listening.  

closetothalimit

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2002, 03:03:09 AM »
im white and i live in a white dominated country - my country, though it is improving, is racist. when settlers first arrived the aborginals were treated like shit by racists like what happened to many natives during settlement - south africa, america, new zealand, etc. i have never personally experienced racism but i hate it, i hate it more then anything. it is blantant stupidity. to say that someone is worse then another person just because they look different makes no fuckin sense. i will not tolerate racism in any form. my father is a racist and i hate him every day for it.

my last girlfriend was asian and she told me she suffered racism as kid in school from other kids. now i know this is just immature kids that dont know any better but it made me angry, it isnt fair what she went through.

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2002, 05:35:02 AM »
Yeah, and the only reason those kids did it, was because they're parents taught them crap like that.  It's been proven in studies that kids don't sense any kind of hierarchy in races, just that people of a different race look a little different.  

This all ties back to my argument that parents need to teach their kids and make sure they have a strong moral base. Luckily racism and civil right stuff like that are being battled by the media, so kids are being taught, even if not in the home that racism is bad.  

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2002, 02:52:32 PM »
If my parents don't want me to go out with a black chick, would u consider that racism?

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2002, 05:34:44 PM »
If the only reason they didn't want you with her was because she's black, yes.