Author Topic: Infinite African Westcoastin' Travel Blog 2010  (Read 5743 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Infinite African Westcoastin' Travel Blog 2010
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 06:49:33 AM »
This thread doesn't belong in this section. A mod should put it in the g spot

For your information, Overseer actually opened up this section of the forum back in the day (around the beginning of the Afghan war in 01') in response to threads and posts I was making... and I was the first moderator this section ever had, so I don't need you to tell me what is or isn't appropriate for this section of the forum.  Let the moderators handle all that.  
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:57:18 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Anunikke

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 07:27:32 AM »
This thread doesn't belong in this section. A mod should put it in the g spot

For your information, Overseer actually opened up this section of the forum back in the day (around the beginning of the Afghan war in 01') in response to threads and posts I was making... and I was the first moderator this section ever had, so I don't need you to tell me what is or isn't appropriate for this section of the forum.  Let the moderators handle all that.   
If you think posting pictures of your vacation can be seen as serious discussion you're a bigger idiot then everybody already thinks.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 09:22:51 AM »
If you think posting pictures of your vacation can be seen as serious discussion you're a bigger idiot then everybody already thinks.

Maybe if you would of taken your anti-anxiety meds this morning, you could be a little more patient.  I just posted up the first set of pics, I will be going much deeper into all things religious, political, and social about the African culture that I experienced.  Really, the thread is sufficient for the forum, as it is now; and if anybody has been steering it's content away Train Of Thought material, it has not been me, but rather people such as yourself.

But don't worry, I'm going to be going much deeper in this thread, into more serious aspects of reflection upon my travels.  So you can keep checking back for this thread, as I see you are one of the most frequent visitors to my thread.  I thank you for your interest.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:25:23 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Muhfukka

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »
you think food tastes better when a bunch of people eat it off of the dirt with their bare hands hahaha you are a real piece of shit infant

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2011, 06:04:44 PM »
you think food tastes better when a bunch of people eat it off of the dirt with their bare hands hahaha you are a real piece of shit infant

LOL.. then if you are so wise, can you tell me why I was more healthy and strong by the end of my trip then I've ever been in my entire life?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 07:22:24 PM »
Looks like a really cool trip.

Muhfukka

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2011, 08:00:13 PM »

LOL.. then if you are so wise, can you tell me why I was more healthy and strong by the end of my trip then I've ever been in my entire life?
probably because your entire life you have been unhealthy and weak and at least in africa you were outside

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2011, 08:18:36 AM »

probably because your entire life you have been unhealthy and weak and at least in africa you were outside

This. Lol at people who go to Africa to force themselves to get some air

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2011, 10:28:28 PM »

yeah homie, and I got to come back just in time to watch our Chiefs self-destruct against the Ravens in the second half of their playoff game.  That's how bad the Chiefs get when Jamal Charles is "banged up" and there were rumors that Haley and Wiess (your guy) relationship had soured a couple weeks prior.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:30:37 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2011, 10:53:56 PM »
Some photos from my first day in Senegal...

This was my hotel after arriving in Senegal.  It was near the airport.  In the picture with me is a girl I met on the plane, named Ebony.  She is a fashion designer and has a clothing line, store in South Side Chicago.  She got a contract from one of the Afro-Centric Charter schools there to actually go to Senegal and have tailors in Senegal make their school uniforms.  I thought this was a nice idea, because you have Afro-centric charter schools all over America with dress codes and the kids are wearing blue pants and white t-shirts.  It makes sense if you are going to have an Afro-centric charter school that their dress code should reflect an African style and that it should come from African tailors in Africa.

This girl and I hit it off on the plane, and it was an 8 hour flight so we had a lot of time to talk and get to know each other.  I knew my friend would really like her, and after I got off the plane we helped her with her bags, and got a cab, and helped her get set up in the hotel with us.  Another guy in the picture is Ali, who was like her business partner in Senegal, he is a local Senegalese, and he lives in a big, unfinished apartment building that is all cement and still just under construction.  Basically, I think he just pays them something when they aren't building and he made a nice room on one of the upper levels, has all nice stuff in there and even an ocean view.  He was the man in Senegal and he took care of anything we needed when we were there.

This is a key monument in Senegal and it has caused a great deal of controversy.  One reason is that the statue was extremely expensive and the people felt like the President Abdul-Wade was misappropriating funds for this statue that could of gone to much more worthy projects within Senegal, such as sewage cleanup which spills over at times in some parts of the capital city.  Also, the picture displays a bare-chested woman, so since Senegal is a Muslim country, they felt that the woman's image should be more modest then that.  I'll show a few more pics of the statue later, basically it is a Man holding a woman and a child, with the young child pointing forward and towards the sky, to symbolize African strength and a bright future.

This is a pic of the African history museum that is inside the statue, as you can see there are images and of great African leaders like Hallie Sallasie-I, Malcolm X, Marcus Garvey, Nelson Mandela and so on.

Like the Empire State Building in America, you can also take an elevator to the top of this statue, and from there you can look out and see the capital city of Dakkar.  Unfortunately m;y camera couldn't capture a good image of the skyline/view from atop.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2011, 07:33:25 AM »
Since when do vacation photos belong in ToT? Mod please.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2011, 09:46:44 AM »
Since when do vacation photos belong in ToT? Mod please.

The Mod has already replied in support of this thread...

Good luck to you young homie!

...So maybe it's posts like yours that should be subject to deletion...

This is culture, politics, race, religion, reflection all in one... I've never had a more pertinent thread to offer the Train of Thought than this one.  Now if I had been vacationing to Disney World to see Mickey Mouse, then you might have a point; but even then, if I was reflecting upon it blog style, then I still don't think you would have an argument.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:57:18 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2011, 11:08:29 AM »
How do you meet all these people in your photos?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2011, 12:02:28 PM »
How do you meet all these people in your photos?

Every year I've gone by myself...    

But the first year I went, I tried to get with some of my African friends that live here in the States and find out when they were going back home, to see if I could tag along with them.  They would always talk about bringing me, but it was always just talk, because many of them come to the States and make plans to go back but never actually do.  

So finally I just went on my own.  However, they did help me that first year, because they gave me phone numbers, addresses, and contacts to their family members over there.  So the first year that I went back in 2007 I didn't rent my own guesthouse/apartment.  The first year I actually stayed with family members of African friends I had back here in the states.  Some were good to me but some did try to take advantage of me.  Like I had one guy here in the states, who I had not known very well at all, but when he found out I was going there he started telling me he had a mansion there on the beach, and that I could stay with his family and they'd set me up with a business so I could make millions and all this nonsense.  The deal was that he wanted me to marry his wife, so that she could get a Visa to come to the United States.  So stuff like that does come up from time to time.  On the other hand, I did have friends from here whose families actually gave me way more than I gave them and even when I tried to offer them money in return they wouldn't take it.

But the important thing was that during that first year in 07' I was able to get around enough on my own to meet people who I bonded with.  So by the time my second trip came around in 08' I knew my way around and I developed my own group of friends and people I could rely on and trust.  Still, you will get people trying to run schemes on you, and sometimes it's okay as long as you can still get what you want out of the deal, I mean, nobody is going to jack you up and hold you at gun point; the worst that can happen is that somebody tricks you out of some money.  Because the two countries I was in, you will never see a gun anywhere on the streets, only soldiers have guns.  So people will argue and say anything from "I will fuck your mother" on the streets back and forth and still no fighting occurs and definitely no guns get involved.

One other factor, is that it's very easy to meet people over there.  The job market is very scarce, so you have hundreds of people walking around without cars and without jobs, and with a lot of free time.  It's also very crowded over there in the cities.  So just going out to the store you may interact with 10 or so different people and get to know them.  It's also part of their culture that people that they are very open and don't usually pass by without greeting and talking and getting to know one another.

So anyway... to answer your question, I guess the first year I relied on family members of African friends I had in the States to take me around initially, so by doing that I was able to meet people whom I really connected with, and just build my own relationships from there.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:11:13 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2011, 04:17:05 PM »

yeah homie, and I got to come back just in time to watch our Chiefs self-destruct against the Ravens in the second half of their playoff game.  That's how bad the Chiefs get when Jamal Charles is "banged up" and there were rumors that Haley and Wiess (your guy) relationship had soured a couple weeks prior.

I can't even blame the strategy or play calling. This was a case of losing momentum and losing focus. Had Charles not fumbled, they were driving very well and had they gone up 14-3 they would have wrapped up the game. What we saw was the difference between Belicheck and Haley. As great a strategic coach as Bill is, he's also a genius skills coach and keeps guys around like this. Parcells too may have changed this game. The Cheifs just lost momentum and lost the game. Too bad, because things are only looking worse now. Haley simply isn't head coach material, and I think it'll show even more next year. But as long as Romeo is there you guys have a chance. Although I would love to snag him for Buffalo, with a re new 3-4 that needs major work.