Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35776 times)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #780 on: December 09, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »
I still think this is dope a track, you people are fucking fools for expecting some revolutionary bullshit, you all bought into the Detox hype

he needs to just put out the album in February and be done with this shit, then no more talk about Dre releasing an album because we'd all know once and for all there won't be another

The stone cold truth.

This song is pretty good, and all you Dre-lovers need to LOWER your expectations. I mean seriously, Dre does make a lot of dope music, but you can hardly call any of it released in the last decade, revolutionary. This album should come out early 2011, or they shouldn't bother releasing it at all. The album is done, it is what it is. And waiting 6 months to a year longer isn't going to make it any better, nor will it stop you complainers for expecting more.

The album isn't going to sell a million units in a week no matter what single they release. People who buy music, by the majority, are stupid people. These stupid people aren't going buy Detox, because they probably weren't even alive when the first Chronic was released.

Stan

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #781 on: December 09, 2010, 08:01:37 PM »
I still think this is dope a track, you people are fucking fools for expecting some revolutionary bullshit, you all bought into the Detox hype

he needs to just put out the album in February and be done with this shit, then no more talk about Dre releasing an album because we'd all know once and for all there won't be another

The stone cold truth.

I mean seriously, Dre does make a lot of dope music, but you can hardly call any of it released in the last decade, revolutionary. ... And waiting 6 months to a year longer isn't going to make it any better, nor will it stop you complainers for expecting more.

People who buy music, by the majority, are stupid people. These stupid people aren't going buy Detox, because they probably weren't even alive when the first Chronic was released.

Great post... especially about the age gap.  People who listened to The Chronic in their teen years probably have moved on from gangsta rap...  This is new shit for new fans. 
If you were 15 in 1992 you are 33 now... shit changes in that gap.  I think the album will be sick but people's expectations are too high.  I have to admit Dre did create this though, especially when he mentions Detox every few years.  He is great at marketing lol  :o

dameons

« Reply #782 on: December 09, 2010, 09:54:36 PM »
Here's another "official " tracklist floating around ..Saw this one at Boxden ..

1) The Intervention ( intro )

2) Kush ( feat Snoop Dogg , Akon, Sly )

3) Compton wayz ( feat Game , Kendrick Lamar )

4) Next Chapter

5) Time Flies (feat  Ice Cube , Xzibit )

6) Bad Dreams

7) Trials and Tribulations ( feat La Roux and Nas )

8 ) The End Nears ( feat 50 cent and Eminem )

9) Celebrate You ( feat Beyonce )

10 ) I Need A Doctor (  feat Eminem , Skylay Gray )

11 ) Keep Your Distance ( feat Slimm Tha Mobsta, Lil Kim )

12 ) The Last Step ( feat Snoop Dogg )

13 ) Outro ( Exit )

Bonus Track

Under Pressure ( Feat Jay Z )

dameons

« Reply #783 on: December 09, 2010, 10:35:18 PM »
Supposedly , the " Outro" has Busta Rhymes on it and features narration by Denzel Washington ??????

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #784 on: December 10, 2010, 02:17:34 AM »
Here's another "official " tracklist floating around ..Saw this one at Boxden ..

4) Next Chapter

6) Bad Dreams

13 ) Outro ( Exit )

Bonus Track

Bullshit..

and I still dont believe I Need a Doctor is for Detox.. no way.,.

Will_B

« Reply #785 on: December 10, 2010, 03:24:47 AM »
Yawn we need some real news ::)

TRG

« Reply #786 on: December 10, 2010, 04:15:09 AM »
actually, Kush, Turn me on, Under pressure & I need a doctor have lowered my expectations

Perhaps a good thing?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #787 on: December 10, 2010, 06:10:32 AM »
According to the latest issue of Billboard Magazine, DJ Khalil is listed as the sole producer. Dre's name is in the credits, it's the same lineup that was reported after Kush came out.

December 4, 2010 issue...

#49 ( New ) 1st week

Kush
DJ Khalil ( K. Rahman, A. Young, A. Thiam, A. Johnson II, D. Tannenbaum, A. Ransom, M. Jones III, B. Honeycutt )

For anyone that didn't check out the thread that posted the writing credits, its ( Khalil, Dre, Akon, Slim Da Mobster, Danny Keyz, Blaqhtoven, Krondon, Kobe )

Kush debuted at #49, before hitting #34 last week. In the updated charts for this week, it dropped to #58.
interesting, thanks

actually, Kush, Turn me on, Under pressure & I need a doctor have lowered my expectations

Perhaps a good thing?
yeah, i think so.

i really think Dre can do better than the songs i listed, so let's see.

you were one of them fools

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #788 on: December 10, 2010, 06:35:08 AM »

The stone cold truth.

This song is pretty good, and all you Dre-lovers need to LOWER your expectations. I mean seriously, Dre does make a lot of dope music, but you can hardly call any of it released in the last decade, revolutionary. This album should come out early 2011, or they shouldn't bother releasing it at all. The album is done, it is what it is. And waiting 6 months to a year longer isn't going to make it any better, nor will it stop you complainers for expecting more.

The album isn't going to sell a million units in a week no matter what single they release. People who buy music, by the majority, are stupid people. These stupid people aren't going buy Detox, because they probably weren't even alive when the first Chronic was released.

but i don't need revolutionary music. i just want good music.

the truth: pop music in general (including rap music) have been getting worse and worse since its beginning (i'm not talking about underground music. i'm talking about major radio-friendly music). Music industry have been lowering the standards to make more money (i won't explain how lowering the standards makes more money because it's a long long story). If you think different that means you're brainwashed person who is unable to observe or draw conclusions from your own observations. And i'm not talking about taste of music. I'm talking about the frames you have to fit in if you want your song to be played on the radio (f.e. duration).

Music industry is much different now than it was in 1999. Music industry in 1999 was different than it was in 80's. Nowadays I'm not expecting good music from ANY major artist. I stick to the underground because that's where creativity lives. Major artist have no artistic freedom recently.

Believie me...my expextations for Detox are as much low as they only can be because i can see how the music industry looks like now. I was wondering if Dre wants to fit recent pop music standards to sell as many copies as possible or if he wants to say goodbye to his true fans with this album. After hearing Kush i felt so naive... and that is the stone cold truth. (no i don't feel hurt. There is too much good music in the underground to feel hurt ;))

PS. I think Kush beat is quite good. nothing special. verses are below average (i could stand the lyrics... flow is horrible). hook is a pure pop garbage.
but it's not only the beat what makes good song
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 06:42:11 AM by shoo »

Will_B

« Reply #789 on: December 10, 2010, 07:00:58 AM »

The stone cold truth.

the truth: pop music in general (including rap music) have been getting worse and worse since its beginning (i'm not talking about underground music. i'm talking about major radio-friendly music). Music industry have been lowering the standards to make more money (i won't explain how lowering the standards makes more money because it's a long long story). If you think different that means you're brainwashed person who is unable to observe or draw conclusions from your own observations. And i'm not talking about taste of music. I'm talking about the frames you have to fit in if you want your song to be played on the radio (f.e. duration).

Music industry is much different now than it was in 1999. Music industry in 1999 was different than it was in 80's. Nowadays I'm not expecting good music from ANY major artist. I stick to the underground because that's where creativity lives. Major artist have no artistic freedom recently.

Believie me...my expextations for Detox are as much low as they only can be because i can see how the music industry looks like now. I was wondering if Dre wants to fit recent pop music standards to sell as many copies as possible or if he wants to say goodbye to his true fans with this album. After hearing Kush i felt so naive... and that is the stone cold truth. (no i don't feel hurt. There is too much good music in the underground to feel hurt ;))

PS. I think Kush beat is quite good. nothing special. verses are below average (i could stand the lyrics... flow is horrible). hook is a pure pop garbage.

Hey bro - stick to the stuff you like and stop worrying bout the state of the world :)

There's plenty enough true artists still making good music (just don't expect nearly all of it to be on the radio/tv), and a world of back-catalogue stuff to explore :-* :-* :-*

Kush is my shit right now (or one of the tracks I enjoy bangin) it's poppy sure but it's rap I can still enjoy without sayin 'hey shame this ain't as good as xyz'. The track has a good vibe + energy, it's standout for a 2010 single. Will be one of the tracks fans of the West remember from this year. Just ain't gonna change any lives.

Peace. :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 07:04:33 AM by OG Will_B »

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #790 on: December 10, 2010, 07:05:38 AM »

The stone cold truth.

Hey bro - stick to the stuff you like and stop worrying bout the state of the world :)

There's plenty enough true artists still making good music (just don't expect nearly all of it to be on the radio/tv), and a world of back-catalogue stuff to explore :-* :-* :-*

Kush is my shit right now (or one of the tracks I enjoy bangin) it's poppy sure but it's rap I can still enjoy without sayin 'hey shame this ain't as good as xyz'. The track has a good vibe + energy, it's standout for 2010. Will be one of the tracks fans of the West remember. Just and gonna change any lives.

Peace. :)

That's what i'm doing bro! :) Just wanted to share my opinion which has nothing to do with the worrying about the state of world lol. And yeah it's all true that it stands out for 2010 but i won't lower my standards just because it's 2010 like some people here are suggesting to do. Why should I? peace
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 07:51:21 AM by shoo »

HighEyeCue

« Reply #791 on: December 10, 2010, 08:39:15 AM »

4) Next Chapter

6) Bad Dreams

13 ) Outro ( Exit )

Bonus Track

Bullshit..

and I still dont believe I Need a Doctor is for Detox.. no way.,.

just my 2 cents, I think I Need A Doctor will be the 2nd single. Not because Alex the Kid said it but I think this would be the type of single that would blow up to the masses and sell albums. This is a business and that track is like "Love the way you lie" part 2, similar to how it helped Eminem sell over 3 million so far.

btw I am not a big fan of the song. In a perfect world Detox would be an album strictly for the fans who have waited this long but we don't live in a perfect world.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #792 on: December 10, 2010, 08:51:02 AM »

Eminem sold over 3 million so far.

5.6 million

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #793 on: December 10, 2010, 08:54:31 AM »

The stone cold truth.

You're a little delusional. Dre's music has always been pop.

Jay_J

« Reply #794 on: December 11, 2010, 07:01:30 AM »

The stone cold truth.

I mean seriously, Dre does make a lot of dope music, but you can hardly call any of it released in the last decade, revolutionary. ... And waiting 6 months to a year longer isn't going to make it any better, nor will it stop you complainers for expecting more.

People who buy music, by the majority, are stupid people. These stupid people aren't going buy Detox, because they probably weren't even alive when the first Chronic was released.

Great post... especially about the age gap.  People who listened to The Chronic in their teen years probably have moved on from gangsta rap...  This is new shit for new fans. 
If you were 15 in 1992 you are 33 now... shit changes in that gap.  I think the album will be sick but people's expectations are too high.  I have to admit Dre did create this though, especially when he mentions Detox every few years.  He is great at marketing lol  :o

I was 17 when i first listened 2001, those were my days i was newly interested in hiphop and it changed the way i look at hiphop, following albums that i bought were restless, last meal, space boogie, return of the regulaters... you all people know it was the golden age of west coast hiphop...

one day, i bought a snoop dogg greatest hits CD and i met with "Nuthin But A G-Thang" and i was like "what thaa!!!" and i listened "the chronic" album. it was 2002 as i remember and an album from 93 made my mind go... that g-funk sound... following albums that i bought were regulate, doggystyle, doggfood, i want it all, at the speed of life...

I dont think it is a correct touch if we were alive or not when 2001 or the chronic were released... I was someone who had no idea about what hiphop is in his 16 age... i am 25 right now and i listened a lot albums trough the opposite way of hiphop... and still loving it. and y'all people know west coast aint the same... do you believe xzibit can make better than restless or snoop can make better than last meal oooor it goes like this. But i believed dre can do better again, i believed he can change the way of hiphop again as he did 2 times before. but im losing my hope day by day...

Im a west coast fan, im an hiphop fan... i won't say good enough anymore... becuz i heard the best before...