Author Topic: Best Films of 2010  (Read 1353 times)

Paul

Re: Best Films of 2010
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 07:16:15 AM »
Hello,
Really I also agree with those three movies. This movie is useful for some people. And I like it so much.

Black Dating

haha

My favourite movie was Shutter Island

Followed by Inception, The Other Guys and Toy Story 3
funkyfreshintheflesh

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 07:45:34 AM »
true grit was not what i expected, i thought it was gonna be a dark coen brothers movie, i mean the dude killed it but in general it was kinda a bit too insincere

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 09:52:07 AM »
- The Town
- Inception
- Toy Story 3

Still haven't seen The Fighter or True Grit

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 01:07:30 PM »
True Grit was a solid movie. The little girl's part was a bit ridiculous. No fourteen year old girl today is that highly educated, to think a girl 100+ years ago could of been that educated period is a bit far fetched; but outside of that, it was a good movie.

It got a little away from the original one with John Wayne. This one was more focused on the little girl where the old one was about John Wayne's character. Also, if I correctly recall, Matt Damon's character never leaves them to "do his own thing" & he also died at the end of the original.

A "B" movie.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 06:46:54 PM »
True Grit was a solid movie. The little girl's part was a bit ridiculous. No fourteen year old girl today is that highly educated, to think a girl 100+ years ago could of been that educated period is a bit far fetched; but outside of that, it was a good movie.

It got a little away from the original one with John Wayne. This one was more focused on the little girl where the old one was about John Wayne's character. Also, if I correctly recall, Matt Damon's character never leaves them to "do his own thing" & he also died at the end of the original.

A "B" movie.

I'd give it a solid A minus. My only real complaint was it was a bit short in the middle.

And you'd be surprised how educated a 14 year old girl could be in those days given the circumstances. She'd have been the oldest girl who attended school and would have to look after things when her traveling father was away. Another year and she could have been a wife.

My father was 12 when his father left Greece to come to Canada with the older son. That left my father as the oldest male of the house in Greece. He would have to trade and barter on his own for two years before my grandfather saved up enough to send for the rest of the family. For two years my dad would take up to two week trips alone in the country roads and forests with nothing but a mule and a shot gun, at 12. I couldn't imagine being alone at night in the wild at 28, much less 12. We grow up a lot slower in this modern society.

Also language and grammar have been all but forgotten in modern schools. They spend too much time teaching us gay rights, global warming, and recycling. The average 10 year old from a 1920s British school would no more about the English language with regards to speaking and writing than I would right now. The second teachers forgot they were just teachers and not '9 to 3:30' substitute parents; it all went to shit.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 07:19:06 PM »
^I'm just saying, she was talking legal terms & that whole bargain in the beginning with the man & the horses just bothered me lol.

& I know what you mean in the middle, when they come across the man with the bear skin on him? So irrelevant lol.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 10:08:43 PM »
^I'm just saying, she was talking legal terms & that whole bargain in the beginning with the man & the horses just bothered me lol.

& I know what you mean in the middle, when they come across the man with the bear skin on him? So irrelevant lol.

Knowing the Coens I'm sure it's a symbol for something. When I figure it out I'll let you know. But I'm pretty sure it has something to do with how over rated Brady is.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 10:15:48 PM »

Knowing the Coens I'm sure it's a symbol for something. When I figure it out I'll let you know. But I'm pretty sure it has something to do with how over rated Brady is.

Independent film makers would be anti-Brady.

JohnnyL

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 08:30:33 AM »
 Was a little surprised "True Grit" didn't get it's own thread.  It was a really well done film.  I thought everyone in the film played their respective part well, although Hailey Steinfeld and Jeff Bridges were particularly good.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 12:41:04 PM »
saw the town, its alright, entertaining, but not by any means 'good'

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 12:48:41 PM »

Somebody told me it was "The Departed" meets "Heat".

It was the farthest thing from that; entertaining though.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 01:02:49 PM »
The Town wouldn't be in my top ten.  Only movie I haven't seen that was on my to watch list is Blue Valentine.  Here's my updated list

1. The Social Network
2. Black Swan
3. Inception
4. Exit Through the Gift Shop
5. 127 Hours

Some of the movies that have a real good shot of cracking the top 5 though are Animal Kingdom, The Fighter, and True Grit.  And the most underrated movie has to be I'm Still Here. 

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 02:48:59 PM »

how can something you find entertaining not even be "good"? are you getting the words good and great mixed up?

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 06:11:48 AM »
no, im not getting my words mixed up, i movie can be entertaining, but be horrible, or it could be so horrible, that it's badness makes it entertaining, a movie could also be really good but not entertaining at all. by good i mean a quality movie, and entertainment and quality of art are not one and the same

the fighter was fucking awesome, i love it and everything about it, christian bale and the directing/cinematography was so great

i dont know about i'm still there, his performance was good but the movie is kind of too much of a joke, and its a mess, it's worth a watch but i feel like they could have done it a lot better; especially with how awesome he looked like a emotionally broke down slob w/ a beard.