Author Topic: Top 5 albums of 2010  (Read 1014 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Top 5 albums of 2010
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2010, 01:42:45 PM »
No, no, no. Radiotube has been talking for years about how success & doing well is what makes you good.

He meant "BMF" was the biggest, best single because it did the best in sales & it didn't. Regardless, having the best single, even if it's very much Hip Hop is irrelevant if the rest of the album is whatever.

& still, going by this logic that one single makes your album relevant for discussion in "album of the year", I guess Lloyd Banks easily had one of the best albums with his "Hip Hop" major single.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »
I understand what duke means by BMF being "the biggest single" this year.  It was the biggest hip-hop record that was on some straight traditional gangsta shit.  You know it's hip-hop.  It's not some "made for top 40 commercial radio playlist with an r&b hook" like Love The Way You Lie or Not Afraid are for Recovery.  Basically, BMF is a straight hip-hop song while Love The Way You Lie & Not Afraid are pop songs at hearts that feature rapped verses.   If anything this was the album Eminem sold out on or just totally said fuck it and embraced his love for pop music.

Lol @ BMF being straight hip hop. Its your typical mainstream song about getting money and materialism with a southern beat and slow lyrics. How is that any less of a sellout song?

But, it was hip-hop even if it was a cliche subject mater for the genre.  And, as for the beat, it was dope so I'm not quite on the same page with you.  Selling out is based on each artist.  Rick Ross didn't sell out because he came into the game on this style and it represents him as an artist where as Eminem's general style on Recovery isn't typical for him as an artist.  As I said in the other post if he didn't sell out to please Interscope he found his love for pop music.

If that's what you intended to mean by sellout then I'd have to agree. But lets not pretend like both songs weren't "made for top 40" commercial hits. Both songs were about as commercialized as you can get.

i cant agree they are made for top 40 to the same extent. they are clearly for 2 different markets. you could pick any rick ross song and say that by that logic. i understand what you are saying though, but ross is really for hip hop listeners whereas eminems songs are clearly for the straight up pop listener.

Em is rapping on that track. So I'd assume they'd have to be fans of rap to like that song.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2010, 03:07:26 PM »
Eminem is an exception, sadly probably cause he's white, where people will love his music and then hate rap.  I constantly hear "I hate rap but love Eminem."  Recently, Jay-Z & Kanye West are the other artist that's manage to escape being pigeoned by the term rap.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2010, 06:19:32 PM »
wow are u really gonna lie and twist my words up just 2 get me 2 respond 2 (....desperate).  *leaving the thread*  look "bruh" i'm not ur pen-pal, ur sick foreal.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:21:09 PM by Banned »

_TLD_

• 'G'
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2010, 11:07:40 PM »
enough with the hype. Snipe that shit like wesley. What about the underground top 5? Fuck the mainstream.

1. Brotha Lynch Hung - Dinner and a Movie
2. Twiztid - Heartbroken & Homicidal
3. Tech N9ne - Seepage
4. Axe Murder Boyz - Gods Hand
5. Kurupt - Street Lights

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2010, 01:05:36 AM »
I understand what duke means by BMF being "the biggest single" this year.  It was the biggest hip-hop record that was on some straight traditional gangsta shit.  You know it's hip-hop.  It's not some "made for top 40 commercial radio playlist with an r&b hook" like Love The Way You Lie or Not Afraid are for Recovery.  Basically, BMF is a straight hip-hop song while Love The Way You Lie & Not Afraid are pop songs at hearts that feature rapped verses.   If anything this was the album Eminem sold out on or just totally said fuck it and embraced his love for pop music.

Lol @ BMF being straight hip hop. Its your typical mainstream song about getting money and materialism with a southern beat and slow lyrics. How is that any less of a sellout song?

But, it was hip-hop even if it was a cliche subject mater for the genre.  And, as for the beat, it was dope so I'm not quite on the same page with you.  Selling out is based on each artist.  Rick Ross didn't sell out because he came into the game on this style and it represents him as an artist where as Eminem's general style on Recovery isn't typical for him as an artist.  As I said in the other post if he didn't sell out to please Interscope he found his love for pop music.

If that's what you intended to mean by sellout then I'd have to agree. But lets not pretend like both songs weren't "made for top 40" commercial hits. Both songs were about as commercialized as you can get.

i cant agree they are made for top 40 to the same extent. they are clearly for 2 different markets. you could pick any rick ross song and say that by that logic. i understand what you are saying though, but ross is really for hip hop listeners whereas eminems songs are clearly for the straight up pop listener.

Em is rapping on that track. So I'd assume they'd have to be fans of rap to like that song.
not really, there are music listeners who don't really like rap that much, but do like some singles like In da club

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2010, 05:41:37 AM »

cmon dude you know that isnt true dont play dumb. people who hate rap fucking love eminem and especially those songs.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2010, 08:28:47 AM »

cmon dude you know that isnt true dont play dumb. people who hate rap fucking love eminem and especially those songs.

But they love him for his status and his white boy gimmick. The music he makes isn't any more pop than other mainstream rappers.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2010, 08:46:03 AM »

But they love him for his status and his white boy gimmick. The music he makes isn't any more pop than other mainstream rappers.

if you dont think 'im not afraid' is the most 'we are the world' bullshit ever then i really dont know what to say. i guess we will just have to disagree

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2010, 08:58:18 AM »

if you dont think 'im not afraid' is the most 'we are the world' bullshit ever then i really dont know what to say. i guess we will just have to disagree

That's not what I said  ;)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2010, 09:13:58 AM »
Eminem didn't make anything good this year or these past couple years (nothing like the Eminem Show days).  It's average at best and when u get past the triple stack bars then u realize it's nothing important (just like the old Bone Thugs tapes).  U had 2 be a die hard Eminem fan to really enjoy this album point blank.  If you disagree that's probably becuz Eminem is YOUR HERO and to me Eminem IS NOT MY HERO.  He did his thing but at tha end of tha day it's just not good enuff. 

He finally got a little serious and whut... I'm supposed to automatically bandwagon it, not, how about most rappers have been doing whut Eminem had finally done here with this album.  He's pushing 50 still talkin about his High School Baby Mother, it's a corny shtick and a lousy gimmick just 2 get people 2 relate to him or feel some sorta compassion 4 him (maybe the little white children will eat it up but not tha common person).  And please refrain from tha "all rappers rap about tha same shit all of the time", true but at least niggaz will change up when they do, all u get with Eminem is Kim & Hailey. 

See, Eminem was NEVER a SERIOUS MC it was always abuncha jokes mixed up with twisted humor and Dr. Dre beats (all talent aside; focusing only on the body of work by him).  He never said anything that I could really relate to, he just never had those records.  And whut now I'm supposed to be like "oh yeah man, Eminem's shit is hot, he's serious, it's no jokes, it's all triple toned bars, and he finally started working with other producers so yeah man it's fuckin' outta this world dude"... no.  I'm not a hater.  We finally got a chance 2 see whut he sounded like without the regime behind him and it wasn't anything spectacular, in fact it was kinda dry, even tha guest appearances sucked.

There were much better albums that came out this year (and last year and the year before that) that put "Recovery" on the bottom of the list.  Truthfully, "Recovery" is probably somewhere in tha bottom 125 (if that) if u include the "mixtapes/street albums".  It was nothing catchy, nothing amusing, nothing fresh, all we got was tha same ol' depressed white boy who's still OBSESSED with his Baby's Momma from over a decade ago (where I come from we call that "sucker shit"). 

To be honest I was dissapointed how Eminem has turned out over these past couple of years, I'm actually kinda hurt that it's so wack.  Those "Source" tapes didn't mean anything to me, in fact I laughed like shit when i heard em becuz they were so corny.  But the Eminem of tha past 5 years has been disapointing and lack luster to say tha least.  "I'm tired of these old rappers tryna advance, it's all over now take it like a man", words Eminem (and frankly alot of Entertainers) should take heed to.  Eminem has that STRONG LOYAL FAN BASE going for him, which is why this album sold so much (he's got tha same audience that Justin Beiber has and a little more) and why Beiber is still sellin 300K a week is beyond me but that goes to show u whut I mean with tha fan base, Eminem has that and he's very powerful with that behind him (he really can't fuck shit up at this point).  He has no real buzz in tha hood it's all in tha suburbs like a muthafucka. 

And there's more to say but why, it doesn't really mean anything, he's gonna sell and he's not gonna come with anything people would call "wack" on a feature and his next album will probably be a little better (maybe) so it's all good but as far as his material is concerned, tha last part of this decade has been weak for Eminem, totally weak.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2010, 05:47:21 PM »
EM is now a product of the Jimmy Iovine, he probably ghost wrote every verse EM put out since relapse
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....