Author Topic: Eminem & Lil Wayne - Wont Back Down/6'7''/No Love Live On SNL  (Read 388 times)

TRG

Eminem & Lil Wayne - Wont Back Down/6'7''/No Love Live On SNL
« on: December 19, 2010, 03:02:11 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yxcDR7eEapQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yxcDR7eEapQ</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ca-u4Dk4tH4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ca-u4Dk4tH4</a>
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 03:14:52 AM by TRG »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Eminem & Lil Wayne - Wont Back Down/6'7''/No Love Live On SNL
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 07:22:10 AM »
Never really cared for Won't Back Down, but that performance was great. You get the right band to play with the right energy and that's how a song takes off.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 07:31:50 AM »
 90 % of rappers should  step their live game up cause they really suck at it ... this was just another proof

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 08:03:30 AM »
90 % of rappers should  step their live game up cause they really suck at it ... this was just another proof

You have to realize that the best live acts in music honed their skills on stage, and then went into the studio after getting a contract. In Hip hop it's reversed. They form who they are as an artist in the studio (whatever makeshift studio they can find) and then after getting signed they start really touring. It's only natural for them to not be as good live as in studio. So many rock bands over the years spent time and effort in the studio trying to get it to sound as good as it does live. Rappers do the opposite and try and get it to sound as good live as it does in studio.

And you can only hear a guy rap for so long before you get sick of it. I can't imagine ever having a 2.5 to 3 hour show rapper, where you don't want to leave after the first 45 minutes. Hearing a great singer or long interludes of great musicians playing can really make the time fly by.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 09:43:06 AM »
WOooo 6'7 sounded dope live

ressaw

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 10:30:16 AM »
luis resto on the keyboards, isnt it?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 11:40:50 AM »
No Love was dope.

But then Won't Back Down was wack, but that could be because he couldn't say every other word on air lol.

Wayne wasn't bad, but he seemed off; missing some of that swag that got him to where he is now.

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 02:46:38 PM »
I still don't get the hype around that 6'7" track, shit is fucking wack to me, a disgrace to hip hop.
Better said, I've never understood why people think Lil Wayne is good.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 12:33:31 AM »

You have to realize that the best live acts in music honed their skills on stage, and then went into the studio after getting a contract. In Hip hop it's reversed. They form who they are as an artist in the studio (whatever makeshift studio they can find) and then after getting signed they start really touring. It's only natural for them to not be as good live as in studio. So many rock bands over the years spent time and effort in the studio trying to get it to sound as good as it does live. Rappers do the opposite and try and get it to sound as good live as it does in studio.

And you can only hear a guy rap for so long before you get sick of it. I can't imagine ever having a 2.5 to 3 hour show rapper, where you don't want to leave after the first 45 minutes. Hearing a great singer or long interludes of great musicians playing can really make the time fly by.
I dont know what rap shows u been to but,busta rhymes gives a great hour to 2 hour show..and its great...saw cypress hill for1 hour and a half(off the chain)rakim gave a great show..WYCLEF show was banging......u just talking from a rock fan point of view..so its normal that your thinking is what it is of hiphop artists.

Paul

funkyfreshintheflesh

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »

I dont know what rap shows u been to but,busta rhymes gives a great hour to 2 hour show..and its great...saw cypress hill for1 hour and a half(off the chain)rakim gave a great show..WYCLEF show was banging......u just talking from a rock fan point of view..so its normal that your thinking is what it is of hiphop artists.

It's funny that everyone you mentioned came up at a time where you had to work clubs before record deals.

First of all, the vast majority of modern rock bands can't do 2 to 3 hour shows all that well, but try following around one these rappers like fans of the Grateful Dead, Phish, or Springsteen would do and see how boring it gets after the third straight night. I'm going to assume to things, most of these artist you've named you've only seen once or once in a blue moon, and there aren't any rock bands you like anyway. If you're ever in Europe, like Spain or Denmark, or Sweden and you see that Bruce Springsteen is on town try and get a ticket in the pit. It's a whole different feeling. 2 hours and 45 minutes cannot go by faster. No drugs, no alchohol, just the power of the music and the crowd feeding off each other.

I'm not just talking about rock though. I could go to a big band or jazz fest and listen for hours no problem. The magic of all these instruments played at such a high level and coming together to play one giant sound is something special.