Author Topic: Michael Jordan isnt the greatest basketball player ever.....  (Read 3641 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Michael Jordan isnt the greatest basketball player ever.....
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2002, 03:35:16 AM »
chamberlin was ahead of his time he was no better than what Alonzo Mourning is now......Great Great Player but not the best, Chamberlin was playing fools half his size so it was easy to dominate and do all the stuff he did, same for Bill Russle......the averag weight and heights of NBA players back in the days was no different than the national ht/wts.

Jordan is simply the best if he was playing in wilt's time period Jordan would've made bill russle and wilt chamberlin his 2nd and 3rd bannanas!

this is coming from someone who's disliked jordan for years too! the only player who can even come close to being up there with jordan is MAGIC JOHNSON

but if Kareem and Wilt are supposively the best players ever, that would mean Shaq IS or is going to be the best player ever becuase he's already being ranked as the all time greatest Center yo

anyways no matter how you flip it Jordan is simply the best you cannot take that away from him. the only people who can even come close to are Magic, and maybe Kobe 7 years from now but other than that--------------not even a chance

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2002, 03:39:47 AM »
Chamberlain is the reason the NBA ended zone defence after originally having it, he had the single most dominant GAME and SEASON in NBA history...he was a monster....he completely REDEFINED the league, it will never be the same, in his prime he was completely unstoppable

right before Wilt's Death he said in his prime not even he could stop Shaquille O'neal, this was in 1998 (9) before shaq had went into HIS prime and before he won a ring

wilt said that shaq was stronger, faster, agile, a better passer, and more unstoppable than him

maranate on that

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

lbc213

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2002, 05:44:11 AM »
I think to be 'greatest player ever' then the person needs to be good in every element of the game.  There have been lots of players in history that can lead at one or two elements in their particular era but Jordan is the only one to master almost every one during his career.

yup yup

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2002, 05:49:14 AM »
Chamberlain is the reason the NBA ended zone defence after originally having it, he had the single most dominant GAME and SEASON in NBA history...he was a monster....he completely REDEFINED the league, it will never be the same, in his prime he was completely unstoppable

right before Wilt's Death he said in his prime not even he could stop Shaquille O'neal, this was in 1998 (9) before shaq had went into HIS prime and before he won a ring

wilt said that shaq was stronger, faster, agile, a better passer, and more unstoppable than him

maranate on that

belive it or not.. but shaquille is one of the best players ever...

dpgc2002

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2002, 08:07:07 AM »
10 years from now we will be saying Kobe Bryant is the best player ever in the NBA...That's if he stays healthy...And to dude who looked up the dictionary, this aint english 101 its basketball...Dominant is not the same as being the best...Dominant simply means you are overpowering players with your strength like Shaq does and Wilt did...You simply cannot be considered the best when you shoot 50% from the foul line as these dudes have done...Jordan and Kobe are all around players who can beat you via defense, offense, passing, rebounding and shooting over 80% from the line...

min0rity

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2002, 09:37:42 AM »
personally i don't think you can compare these players...they all had their shine and made their mark in the nba  so its kinda hard to compare kareem to jordan or magic to wilt.. etc. etc. all of these players have their own achievements

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2002, 09:47:54 AM »

Duh.  It had to do with, maybe, him being the tallest in the N.B.A! If Shaq was the only 7 footer playing today, and there was zone defense, he's be just as dominant.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2002, 09:48:52 AM »
chamberlin was ahead of his time he was no better than what Alonzo Mourning is now......Great Great Player but not the best, Chamberlin was playing fools half his size so it was easy to dominate and do all the stuff he did, same for Bill Russle......the averag weight and heights of NBA players back in the days was no different than the national ht/wts.

Jordan is simply the best if he was playing in wilt's time period Jordan would've made bill russle and wilt chamberlin his 2nd and 3rd bannanas!

this is coming from someone who's disliked jordan for years too! the only player who can even come close to being up there with jordan is MAGIC JOHNSON

anyways no matter how you flip it Jordan is simply the best you cannot take that away from him. the only people who can even come close to are Magic, and maybe Kobe 7 years from now but other than that--------------not even a chance

My thoughts exactly.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2002, 09:50:15 AM »
personally i don't think you can compare these players...they all had their shine and made their mark in the nba  so its kinda hard to compare kareem to jordan or magic to wilt.. etc. etc. all of these players have their own achievements

You have a good point too.  Peace~

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2002, 09:58:20 AM »
Duh.  It had to do with, maybe, him being the tallest in the N.B.A! If Shaq was the only 7 footer playing today, and there was zone defense, he's be just as dominant.  

btw there is a zone defense in the nba right now....the NBA installed it for shaq

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2002, 10:09:38 AM »
Yeah, I misstated... I'm really talking about the three second rule here, throw your opinions on that.  peace~

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2002, 12:04:57 PM »
the 3 second rule dosent really help shaq, it helps players that like to drive to the basket......the 3 second rule is when a player cant stand in the painted area when  nobody else is there, otherwise he can..so if shaq is there they can have 4 guys around shaq and a 3 second rule will not be called
« Last Edit: December 29, 2002, 12:07:23 PM by mikeOG »

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2002, 01:43:15 PM »
word besides kobe being better......kobe is great....and i think the closest thing to jordan but i doubt he will be as great as jordan......jordan is the man...like i said before he was, is, and will always be considered the greatest.....i just cant see anyone be better than Jordan....if there is then damn :o

verbalassaulta

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2002, 03:38:26 PM »
kobe in 10 years will not even be considered one of the top ten of all time....he's a second option on his team...not waisting my time on that one....statistically wilt was the best player....(come one the one year he averaged 50 and 20)...but you have to think...back than there were half as many teams, no three point line and all they did was dump it in to wilt all the time...playoffs were only two rounds two and wilt only won i think one championship and that was when he wasnt even the main option(jerry west was)...jordan is by far the greatest...he was surrounded my medicore players(pippen is so overrated)....and mj elevated his teammates to levels they normally wouldnt have played at...if mj wouldnt have played baseball we would be looking at like 8 straight..in an era where you have four rounds of play offs...

Pillow

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2002, 04:37:38 PM »
I gotta say that MJ is tha best basketball player of all time. He has done so many great things. But i believe that by the time Kobe is done with his carrer that he will have that title over Jordan.