Author Topic: Sam Sneed-Street Scholars [appreciation thread!]  (Read 1956 times)

DTG Entertainment

Re: Sam Sneed-Street Scholars [appreciation thread!]
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2011, 01:48:49 PM »
^isn't it ironic that wideawake wanted to keep all the music original?

Yeah.  And when you think about it, they haven't released single project in it's original form, unless you want to count "The Chronic: Re-Lit,", but I count that more as a catalog, re-release than a new project.  Instead of releasing "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" they released "Hood Star."  They changed the title and content to Danny Boy's album.  Their Kurupt album was basically just "Against the Grain" with one new track on it.  So far, the Sam Sneed is the only album where they even kept the original name.  It looks like the LBC Crew album is going to come out in it's original form, but if it does that will be the first one.  They're also not using the original artwork for these projects, which is mind bogglingly dumb.  They paid for all that stuff when they bought Death Row.  But it's just sitting somewhere unused.

Not to defend WideAwake (the Sneed release was awful), but the people that took over don't have any idea what project would be in its original form. I remember a couple interviews where they have all this material but a lot of it isn't labeled or mislabeled. I'm sure the latter projects (Crooked I, Eastwood, Petey Pablo) could have had "original form" but keep in mind there was never an official tracklist for "Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy", "Same Eyez On Me", etc.

Enormous had a tracklisting though...I can confirm this.

you know what it was or just that a tracklist was finalized?

It was finalized, most of the stuff from it was on those FTP bootlegs, but not all. It was finished in '04.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »
^isn't it ironic that wideawake wanted to keep all the music original?

Yeah.  And when you think about it, they haven't released single project in it's original form, unless you want to count "The Chronic: Re-Lit,", but I count that more as a catalog, re-release than a new project.  Instead of releasing "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" they released "Hood Star."  They changed the title and content to Danny Boy's album.  Their Kurupt album was basically just "Against the Grain" with one new track on it.  So far, the Sam Sneed is the only album where they even kept the original name.  It looks like the LBC Crew album is going to come out in it's original form, but if it does that will be the first one.  They're also not using the original artwork for these projects, which is mind bogglingly dumb.  They paid for all that stuff when they bought Death Row.  But it's just sitting somewhere unused.

Not to defend WideAwake (the Sneed release was awful), but the people that took over don't have any idea what project would be in its original form. I remember a couple interviews where they have all this material but a lot of it isn't labeled or mislabeled. I'm sure the latter projects (Crooked I, Eastwood, Petey Pablo) could have had "original form" but keep in mind there was never an official tracklist for "Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy", "Same Eyez On Me", etc.

Enormous had a tracklisting though...I can confirm this.

you know what it was or just that a tracklist was finalized?

It was finalized, most of the stuff from it was on those FTP bootlegs, but not all. It was finished in '04.

Wasn't there a track with Eastwood, R. Kelly, and Lil' Jon that was supposed to be on it?

JohnnyL

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2011, 02:25:22 PM »
Just for clarification, which artist's project was called "Enormous," ?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2011, 02:29:20 PM »

Petey Pablo and @Reality Check - Super Brawl Soundtrack or some shit.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2011, 04:06:19 PM »
Dammit... I thought ya'll were just hating... but the new tracks really are wack (except "Survivor"), the reason we were all waiting on Sam Sneed was because we were expecting for him to come with hott shit like he was doing in the 90's and like the shit that leaked back in the days, stuff like "Lady Heroine" and "Blueberries" with Snoop and so on....

...but dude was spitting bullshit ass club and auto-tune South sounding bullshit!

btw, it's not fair to blame WideAwake because WideAwake is doing their best to get out all the unreleased Death Row affiliated projects from our favorite artists we grew up being fans of.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:08:26 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

procrastiNate

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »
At least we got 3 tracks from the vault. That's the way I'm looking at it. I mean, Death Row could be nonexistent at this point in time but it's not. Unreleased material is slowly coming out and will continue to do so. We will hear the rest of Sam Sneed's tracks from the vault, I'm sure of it. Everybody needs to make sure they contact WIDEawake about releasing the rest of it, that's what Sam said to do.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:11:37 PM by procrastiNate »

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2011, 01:33:08 AM »

@Reality Check - Super Brawl Soundtrack or some shit.

Yeah a song called Ghetto Honey by Petey Pablo, Eastwood, Too Cool featuring R. Kelly and produced by Lil Jon.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Mietek23

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2011, 03:55:02 AM »
Damn, I'm disappointed.. These new tracks are just straight wack - "Survivor" is the only one I really like. And why they put out the video version of "Lady Heroin" on the album instead of the explicit one ???

HighEyeCue

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2011, 05:11:48 AM »
Damn, I'm disappointed.. These new tracks are just straight wack - "Survivor" is the only one I really like. And why they put out the video version of "Lady Heroin" on the album instead of the explicit one ???

I don't know why either :-\

The old tracks are dope like I thought they would be and the new tracks dissapoint kind of how alot of former Death Row artists catalogue goes

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2011, 09:42:38 AM »
At least we got 3 tracks from the vault. That's the way I'm looking at it. I mean, Death Row could be nonexistent at this point in time but it's not. Unreleased material is slowly coming out and will continue to do so. We will hear the rest of Sam Sneed's tracks from the vault, I'm sure of it. Everybody needs to make sure they contact WIDEawake about releasing the rest of it, that's what Sam said to do.

Word.. that's why I don't agree with people dissing WideAwake.  It's WideAwake or nothing is what these people don't realize.  We waited for years with nothing, so atleast now we are getting something
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

doggfather

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2011, 10:01:31 AM »
It's WideAwake or nothing is what these people don't realize.  We waited for years with nothing, so atleast now we are getting something

this is the #1 reason why I like this album.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

T-o-m

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2011, 12:15:33 PM »

Survivor is the best track there, for sure. I like few more as well.