Author Topic: AFC Title game: The J e t s Jets Jets JETS @ Pittsburgh Steelers game-thread  (Read 1105 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
^LOL, whaaaaaaaat? We held the best QB to three FGs in the second half. If he was "soooo unstoppable" he would of had three touchdowns in the second half.

We were up 14-10 in the fourth. We weren't in a prevent defense, but we weren't just allowing Peyton to beat us deep; i'd say it was in between the two.

If Peyton Manning has a 13 play drive & has the ball for five minutes & twenty-two seconds & you hold him to three points, when you're winning by four, so in essence you're allowing him to kick a FG, that's stopping him.

You build Peyton up all year like he can do whatever he wants when he wants on the field & then you don't allow him to score a second half touchdown, that's a "bravo" to my defense.

& let's not act like his first touchdown was "allllll mighty Peyton". Cromartie got burned bad by Garcon & Peyton made an NFL QB throw. You LOVE to say "any QB can play Tom Brady's role". Well on that play, any QB could have made that throw.

Peyton obviously didn't play bad, obviously didn't play as bad as Tom Brady, but CLEARLY didn't have his way.

Who are you kidding? First of all they had Garcon with protection and Peyton darted in there at 45 yards for the throw. And I mean darted it. Because a Brady or Sanchez fucking punt gets broken up or picked off. That's an NFL throw with no single deep safety; but it's a Manning, Favrie, Marino, Unitas throw when the ball needs to travel 35 yards in under 2 seconds and hit the guy in stride. Go watch a highlight reel of Tom Brady trowing a ball over 40 yards and then time it.

And they didn't stop "Peyton" on those third downs more than once. The 3rd and 7 run play was the Jets figuring out and stopping Peyton. When it's third and less than a yard and Peyton calls a power run that's what he's supposed to do. Maybe he should have run blocked too so they didn't lose a yard on the play. That's not beating Peyton; that's beating the shitty Colts o-line. And when Peyton has a third and six and he calls a roll out and throws it in between two DBs and into a spot where only the covered Blair White can catch it and it's a drop, that's not beating Peyton, that's a drop. And even that one 3rd and 7 run stop came after a perfect pass to Tamme that the refs didn't bother calling pass interference on. If the guys around Peyton were even half as good as he was that game the Colts would have won by 3 scores.

Beating Peyton would be to rattle him to the point he throws a pick six that gets stopped by a TE making a play, or confusing him to the point he's shaken up and is over and under throwing balls all day. That ball to White was as good as you're going to get in that situation, from any QB. Low and away from the DB. The funny thing is that even if they scored a TD on the drive the shitty Colts special teams and defense would have just let one up with no time left anyway. In the first half Sanchez made the Colts D look like the 85 Bears, as someone point ed out. In the second half the Colts D made Sanchez look like Dan Marino against the 85 Bears.

If Peyton's defense and special teams played as good as Peyton this would have been a 24-0 Game. Watch how good you're shit offense looks next week. I almost hope they make it through just to see Clay Matthews make Sanchez look worse that Brady did this week, and Rodgers with a real group of WRs will light up that D. Because if they play all coverage like they did against NE and Indy he'll run it in himself.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
It wouldn't have been as fast a play, but if you arc is higher, but throw it further, it's the same result.

Since we're clearly living in a "what if" world, IF Brady would have lobbed it, but thrown it 10-15 yards further than Peyton, it's the same six points. You act like throwing darts gives you more than six points or something lol.

& like I said, arguably the best QB or all time & he couldn't put up six in the second half & his only touchdown wasn't him, it was blown coverage. Rex Ryan could be the best defensive minded coach in the NFL & if he felt Cromartie got burned on his assignment, I think he knows what he's talking about over somebody who would defend Peyton Manning if he had murdered your family.

& you act like telling me we have a shit offense is something I'm unaware of lol. I'll be the first to tell you we don't have a good offense. But our defense is what wins. Packers scored nine points against us & they have the third best QB (& if I had your mindset he would be second because Brady is ahead). & we already beat the Steelers, who also didn't score off of us. I don't know how you can say "watch what happens" when we just SHUT DOWN (yes, shut down) the two best offenses in the NFL. I personally guarantee that we don't get shutout in the Superbowl, if it's Jets/Packers; I'll put a thousand dollars on it.

What is it with these great QBs only kicking FGs against us?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It wouldn't have been as fast a play, but if you arc is higher, but throw it further, it's the same result.

Since we're clearly living in a "what if" world, IF Brady would have lobbed it, but thrown it 10-15 yards further than Peyton, it's the same six points. You act like throwing darts gives you more than six points or something lol.

& like I said, arguably the best QB or all time & he couldn't put up six in the second half & his only touchdown wasn't him, it was blown coverage. Rex Ryan could be the best defensive minded coach in the NFL & if he felt Cromartie got burned on his assignment, I think he knows what he's talking about over somebody who would defend Peyton Manning if he had murdered your family.

& you act like telling me we have a shit offense is something I'm unaware of lol. I'll be the first to tell you we don't have a good offense. But our defense is what wins. Packers scored nine points against us & they have the third best QB (& if I had your mindset he would be second because Brady is ahead). & we already beat the Steelers, who also didn't score off of us. I don't know how you can say "watch what happens" when we just SHUT DOWN (yes, shut down) the two best offenses in the NFL. I personally guarantee that we don't get shutout in the Superbowl, if it's Jets/Packers; I'll put a thousand dollars on it.

What is it with these great QBs only kicking FGs against us?

I'm not knocking your defense. You guys make plays, but Cromartie didn't blow his coverage he was just outrun by the WR but there was help up you. If the ball was thrown higher and further then it would have taken more time and that single deep safety would have gotten to the ball. It's simple physics here. Now if you have an 07 Randy Moss to fight for the ball that's one thing, but if Peyton makes that throw punt then the DB who almost got to the ball in two seconds would have gotten to the ball in 3.5 seconds.

The Jets D is a top 5 D in the league so scoring, any score, on every possession means you're amazing. No punts in that second half. Scoring on the Colts D is not so amazing. You guys are clearly thye better team in every aspect of the game, except one; Quarterback! And in that game it was no different. Sanchez didn't come close to Peyton's level, where as he played better at least as good or a better than Brady. Not way better because those WRs made some hype plays, but still better.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Lol manning had to settle for 50 and 47 yard fg attempts., hardly chip shots. If Brady did that you'd go on and on about how Brady was lucky those were made and how manning would have driven them to tds

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
And like Cham said we already played packers and that o put up a whopping nine points, 3 of which were gift wrapped because of a botched fake punt that the punter called himself.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
If Brady did that you'd go on and on about how Brady was lucky those were made and how manning would have driven them to tds

If Brady did that the Pats would have won. Instead Brady lead the team to punts. So by logic if Brady leads them to punts, then Manning leads them to FGs. Take that one step further and if Brady leads them to FGs, Manning leads them to TDs.

Stop kidding yourself. Brady being as good as Manning is like Pippen being as good Bird. 6 rings to 3 doesn't mean shit in this case. Pippen's a great player but with Jordan he can't get over the hump. Pippen needs Jordan to make the real plays, like Brady needs NE's defense to make the real plays. The 01 03 or 04 Pats D would have made a play on the Jets, the Pats would have won and Brady would have looked like the man in the media, but guys like me would no know; he's just Scottie Pippen.

Lunatic

I think the Packers win the SB, but this game is gonna be sick! Close for sure
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Hack Wilson

I think the Packers win the SB, but this game is gonna be sick! Close for sure

this man says u wrong
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Last time I checked Brady managed to score 3 Tds while Peyton only got one

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Ohhhhhhhhhh no you didn't! You just set yourself up to get a hypothetical.

OG Hack Wilson

yes bc that TD with 20 seconds left really mattered :D
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

yes bc that TD with 20 seconds left really mattered :D

You can say what you want about prevent defense, but when the opposing offense gets into the redzone, the prevent is over because how can they beat you deep when they only have twenty yards to go?

Brady still made a play on a defense who knew he was going to throw it to the end zone & was on 110% pass first mode.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Ohhhhhhhhhh no you didn't! You just set yourself up to get a hypothetical.

There's no hypothetical and you guys are so fixated on stats. Peyton made the plays required of him as QB, Brady didn't. It's as simple as that. The 3rd and 7 run was the only play in question the entire game, and that wasn't his fault as QB, but as playcaller. You could put together a highlight reel of Brady's blunders in this game and it'll be as long as his playoff career positive highlights. There was nothing more Peyton could do in that game. Deion said he should have thrown it to Wayne more. I don't think that would have helped at all; not against Revis.

OG Hack Wilson

Chamill did you see how HORRIBLE the patriots were when they needed to get up and down the field as fast as possible?

Brady sucks against good defenses

and so does your favorite coach: