Author Topic: The official The Dark Knight Rises thread...  (Read 8121 times)

DEKO

Re: TDKR: Anne Hathaway is Catwoman + Tom Hardy is Bane (confirmed)!!!
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2011, 03:32:21 AM »
The Dark Knight Rises: Tom Hardy on Bane

When Christopher Nolan puts Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, don’t go expecting parallels with Batman & Robin, says Tom Hardy…

It was something of a surprise, given all of the Internet speculation, that many of us didn't see the inclusion of Bane in The Dark Knight Rises coming. In fact, for many, their memory of the character is solely centred around Joel Schumacher's clumsy interpretation of Bane in the best-forgotten Batman & Robin.

It's Tom Hardy playing Bane in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, meanwhile, and he appeared on Alan Carr's chat show, where he nattered a little bit about the role. And as it turns out, Hardy is more than familiar with the last time Bane appeared on the big screen, too.

"Have you seen Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin? Doesn't look very menacing does he?" he told Carr. "Christopher Nolan will revisit the character, so I wouldn't go by that at all. I'm going to need to bulk up a lot for it. That's a lot of weight to put on and I've got to start shooting in May. I've got to go up to about 13 or 14 stone. I'm 12 and a bit now, so I only have a few months to do that."

As for whether he'll be wearing the gimp-style mask that the character has been associated with, Hardy simply retorted, "Only if I feel like it."

DEKO

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2011, 05:16:46 AM »
Shoot Locale Update: It Begins in India & Pittsburgh is "For Sure?"

I talked to our 'ol friend "A.P." today and he is adamant that TDKR will begin production by shooting in India. A.P. told us about the India shoot back on February 11th (see story below), but recent scuttlebutt said filming would start in L.A. Since A.P. has been right 100% of the time, I believe him. India? I wonder what the hell Team Nolan will be filming there? Does the locale have anything to do with Bane in prison? Catwoman? Talia? Crazy Quilt?
Also, even though it's been all doom and gloom of late about the possible shoot in Pittsburgh, A.P. says that's not the case. Filming in Pittsburgh is "for sure," says A.P. "Team Nolan is concerned about the tax breaks." Good news for the Steel City.

And on a completely unrelated and BS note, word has it that Tomball, TX has entered the mix as a TDKR shooting location. Now that would be cool...and convenient.

From batman-on-film.com

DEKO

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2011, 06:06:34 AM »
Get ready world… Batman is ready to rise again.

Access Hollywood caught up with Sir Michael Caine at the 2011 Toy Fair in NYC, where he said that it wouldn’t be much longer before he re-teams with director Christopher Nolan, as well as his “Inception” co-star Tom Hardy, on the set of “The Dark Knight Rises.”

“‘The Dark Knight Rises’ starts at the end of May,” Caine said. “But he hasn’t finished his script yet,” Caine revealed about director Nolan’s creative process. “I talked to him last week… he’s still working on the script.”

“It’ll be the last one, but we’re like a family, all of us. Not just ‘Batman,’ but we’ve done ‘The Prestige’ and ‘Inception,’ " he said regarding Nolan’s penchant for working with the same circle of actors in his mind-bending films.

“We’re all in everything all the time with Chris. So, we are all one family and we love to see each other,” said the two-time Academy Award winning actor who plays Bruce Wayne’s butler, Alfred.

Caine was in NYC at the 2011 Toy Fair to talk up his upcoming role in “Cars 2,” and expressed nothing but praise for Tom Hardy, who will take on the Caped Crusader as the villain Bane in the film.

“Tom Hardy is one of my favorite British actors. I saw him maybe four years ago in a show on British television, and I was stunned at this guy,” he admitted.

“This is the toughest guy in British movies. He’s obviously playing a tough character because he is,” he said.

Hardy recently appeared on the British TV show “Alan Carr: Chatty Man” and addressed the concern of whether or not this new version of Bane would wear a leather mask, as seen in 1997’s campy “Batman & Robin” starring George Clooney as Batman.

“Only if I feel like it,” he laughed. “Christopher Nolan will revisit that territory entirely. I wouldn’t go by that at all,” he assured fans of the more serious take on the character. Hardy also expects to add an additional 30 pounds of muscle to his 170-pound frame for the role.

Depending on which online rumor bin you keep tabs on, Robin Williams once again recently saw his name pop up for a villain role in “The Dark Knight Rises.” This time for Hugo Strange, a character that has yet to be confirmed for the film.

Could Robin be re-teaming with Christopher Nolan (whom he previously worked with on “Insomnia,” co-staring Al Pacino and Hilary Swank)?

“I love working with him. I’d do anything with him. I don’t know,” Williams recently told Access in an interview for his new Broadway show, “Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo.”

Williams has been circling the casting carousel to play a big screen Batman villain for decades now.

“They offered years ago, then they gave it to Jack Nicholson. Then they offered it to me again, and they gave it to Jim Carrey,” referring to The Joker in 1989’s “Batman” and The Riddler in 1995’s “Batman Forever.”

“It’s a bit like ‘Yeah right!!’ Are you gonna offer me a part? Yeah right,” he joked.

Williams is currently prepping for his March 31 Broadway debut and tells Access he would still welcome to opportunity to work with Nolan again.

“I’d love to with Chris. He’s the best,” he concluded.

“The Dark Knight Rises” is set for a July 20, 2012 release.

JohnnyL

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2011, 06:08:59 AM »
Shoot Locale Update: It Begins in India & Pittsburgh is "For Sure?"

I talked to our 'ol friend "A.P." today and he is adamant that TDKR will begin production by shooting in India. A.P. told us about the India shoot back on February 11th (see story below), but recent scuttlebutt said filming would start in L.A. Since A.P. has been right 100% of the time, I believe him. India? I wonder what the hell Team Nolan will be filming there? Does the locale have anything to do with Bane in prison? Catwoman? Talia? Crazy Quilt?
Also, even though it's been all doom and gloom of late about the possible shoot in Pittsburgh, A.P. says that's not the case. Filming in Pittsburgh is "for sure," says A.P. "Team Nolan is concerned about the tax breaks." Good news for the Steel City.

And on a completely unrelated and BS note, word has it that Tomball, TX has entered the mix as a TDKR shooting location. Now that would be cool...and convenient.

From batman-on-film.com

Crazy Quilt?  I hadn't heard anything about that.  I hope whoever wrote the article was just being funny. lol  I don't think I even remember seeing that character since the early '80s.

DEKO

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2011, 01:23:07 PM »
Eckhart: 'Hathaway will shine in Batman'

Aaron Eckhart has praised actress Anne Hathaway, and insisted that she will be brilliant in Chistopher Nolan's upcoming Batman film The Dark Knight Rises.
The actor, who played hero-turned-villain Harvey Dent AKA Two-face in The Dark Knight in 2008, said that Hathaway will be perfect as the femme fatale Catwoman.

"I think Anne Hathaway is going to be wonderful," Eckhart told MTV News.

The actor also claimed that he didn't mind not being asked to return for Nolan's third Batman film, insisting that it had always been planned as a one-film appearance.
"I never intended to come back," Eckhart claimed. "That's Heath [Ledger]'s movie. It should live solo, and Chris is gonna go on."

The actor admitted that he had spoken with Nolan about the upcoming Batman film, but refused to divulge any of the plot details.

The Dark Knight Rises is due to be released on July 20, 2012.

DEKO

« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2011, 11:08:24 PM »
Christopher Nolan and Team Spotted in Pittsburgh

This photo was taken by a fan earlier today on Smithfield Street in Pittsburgh.
It appears they're huddled around a map.
Scouting locations? ;)

DEKO

« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »
The Dark Knight Rises Gets Stamp of Approval From Gary Oldman

Share Evidence continues to mount suggesting the script for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises not only meets The Dark Knight but manages to exceed it.
The latest person inside the production to offer their stamp of approval is Gary Oldman aka newly promoted Commissioner Gordon. In speaking with Collider, Oldman called the story as told to him recently by Nolan "fantastic" and said he thinks it may have topped The Dark Knight.

These comments come after Nolan's director of photography Wally Pfister praised the film saying it was the perfect bookend to the series and has an opening that will blow our minds. That's saying a lot after how The Dark Knight opened.

At this stage before filming has commenced, these comments are only fueling the hype that is already out of control. The bar has been set high and Nolan and co. have a lot of work to do if they plan on reaching it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »
This better be the best movie ever lol.

DEKO

Re: The official The Dark Knight Rises thread...
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2011, 04:07:04 AM »
Everyone Is Asking Gary Oldman About The Dark Knight Rises

Gary Oldman has been doing the press rounds for his upcoming film Red Riding Hood recently, and in basically every single interview of his the last question is about The Dark Knight Rises. Not that I am complaining or anything. I bet it gets tiring for Mr. Oldman though. A single answer isn’t exactly news worthy, but when you take all of them and read them one after another… well it’s still not newsworthy, but it surely is interesting. Let’s start with the interview Oldman gave to MTV:

“I haven’t seen the script yet. I know the story and it’s a great story. You look at The Dark Knight and you go, ‘How’s he going to top it?’ But I think he has. The scope of it and also the way he brings it back to Batman Begins, and really what Bruce Wayne discovers about himself, what he learns about himself at the end of this one [will top off the trilogy].” - Gary Oldman

Bringing the trilogy full circle? Topping the previous films? Those sounds like goals director Christopher Nolan would be aiming for. We know that there’s a lot of potential to do that with the two villains (Bane and Catwoman) that we know about. However, according to an interview with E!Online, there might be more.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2011, 03:49:51 PM »

“I haven’t seen the script yet. I know the story and it’s a great story. You look at The Dark Knight and you go, ‘How’s he going to top it?’ But I think he has. The scope of it and also the way he brings it back to Batman Begins, and really what Bruce Wayne discovers about himself, what he learns about himself at the end of this one [will top off the trilogy].” - Gary Oldman

Bringing the trilogy full circle? Topping the previous films? Those sounds like goals director Christopher Nolan would be aiming for. We know that there’s a lot of potential to do that with the two villains (Bane and Catwoman) that we know about. However, according to an interview with E!Online, there might be more.

All that being said, is there any chance anyone attached to this film is going to say something like "well it's definitely not as good as Dark Knight and not quite as good as Begins, but it's not bad for a third film. It's definitely not going to be our Blade 3."?

They have to say this type of stuff during the lead up to the film's hype and release. I'd like to hear what Michael Caine was quoted saying during the pre-release hype of Jaws Revenge. I'll bet it was nothing like what he says about the film these days.

I'm still holding out hope, but no way am I going in expected Nolan to top the last two or change the way I see Batman.

JohnnyL

« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2011, 08:04:53 PM »

All that being said, is there any chance anyone attached to this film is going to say something like "well it's definitely not as good as Dark Knight and not quite as good as Begins, but it's not bad for a third film. It's definitely not going to be our Blade 3."?

They have to say this type of stuff during the lead up to the film's hype and release. I'd like to hear what Michael Caine was quoted saying during the pre-release hype of Jaws Revenge. I'll bet it was nothing like what he says about the film these days.

I'm still holding out hope, but no way am I going in expected Nolan to top the last two or change the way I see Batman.

I'm skeptical that it could top "The Dark Knight."  Still holding out hope though that it will top "Batman Begins."  And yeah, no one associated with the movie is going to say anything negative.  At least if they know what's good for them. lol  Still, I always find it interesting to hear what everyone involved has to say. 

DEKO

« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2011, 04:29:19 PM »

I'm skeptical that it could top "The Dark Knight."  Still holding out hope though that it will top "Batman Begins."  And yeah, no one associated with the movie is going to say anything negative.  At least if they know what's good for them. lol  Still, I always find it interesting to hear what everyone involved has to say.

I'm convinced that it will top The Dark Knight. It will be difficult to pull off but IN NOLAN WE TRUST! ;) I'm sure they're going all out with this one (they have to, don't they?), it's gonna be great!!! ;D

JohnnyL

« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2011, 05:39:07 PM »

I'm convinced that it will top The Dark Knight. It will be difficult to pull off but IN NOLAN WE TRUST! ;) I'm sure they're going all out with this one (they have to, don't they?), it's gonna be great!!! ;D

I hope so.  Would be great if it did.  "The Dark Knight" raised the bar pretty high but I think if anyone can do it, Nolan can.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2011, 08:59:42 PM »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2011, 09:04:37 PM »
^posting an In Nolan We Trust picture is somehow contributing to a topic but you lock my serious thread asking infinite why he believes slaves had it better off than free whites?