Poll

who

I think Shaq was better in his prime + had better total career
6 (50%)
I believe Shaq was better in his prime but Hakeem had the better total career
0 (0%)
I believe Hakeem was better in his prime + had better total career
2 (16.7%)
I believe that Hakeem was better in his prime but Shaq had the better total career
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Hakeem vs Shaq  (Read 608 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Hakeem vs Shaq
« on: January 19, 2011, 01:56:25 PM »
now that Shaq's career is winding down, who had a better career?

would your mind change if Shaq wins a 5th title with Boston?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Hakeem vs Shaq
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:14:20 PM »
This should almost be indisputable that Shaq is better. I have to listen to how Kobe is so great because of his rings, then so is Shaq.

If you don't talk to a Laker dickrider, they'll tell you Shaq was definitely more important to all the Laker success during his years their & Wade would still be ringless without him.

& in his prime say what you want about anybody, I think he's the most dominant Center in his prime. He's was dropping thirty a game when wing players ran shit in the NBA.

The only other Center to put those numbers up was David Robinson. Everyone before that was great, yeah, sure. But they were playing in an undersized league.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 02:21:30 PM »
Hakeem is better

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 02:23:45 PM »
Hakeem is better

yep  Hakeem at his best was better than Ewing/Robinson/Shaq or any other contemporary  (better than the 80s Kareem, better than Alonzo etc)
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 02:44:49 PM »
Hakeem had better offensive post moves but Shaq overall is the better player and has better career

Tha A

• 'G'
  • when it was good to be a knick
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 04:18:57 PM »
both beasts, both great ones. hakeem was the better player (both at their peak) but shaq had a better career.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 04:54:36 PM »
hakeem had more skills and dedication, shaq had better nba center genetics and was more of a freak of nature with an absurd physique along with more rings and overall success
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 05:59:40 PM »
hakeem had more skills and dedication, shaq had better nba center genetics and was more of a freak of nature with an absurd physique along with more rings and overall success

Nailed it right in the head. Hakeem was an overall more talented player, but Shaq's size and his ability to use his size made him the most dominant player ever. If he could go back in time, he would absolutely shit on Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 06:10:12 PM »
Honestly though, who cares whose more talented though? It's about how you play the game & your effect on it.

NIK used to say Andrew Bynum had better footwork than Dwight & was better than Dwight because of his technical skill. But who wouldn't want to have raw, athletic intangibles that overall make you more valuable.

People say Kobe is more skilled then LeBron, but if LeBron is still putting up the same stat line who cares if it looks pretty with a silky smooth shot? If you're equally unstoppable it shouldn't be held against you.

Nobody could stop Shaq in his prime.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 06:11:42 PM »
Honestly though, who cares whose more talented though? It's about how you play the game & your effect on it.

NIK used to say Andrew Bynum had better footwork than Dwight & was better than Dwight because of his technical skill. But who wouldn't want to have raw, athletic intangibles that overall make you more valuable.

People say Kobe is more skilled then LeBron, but if LeBron is still putting up the same stat line who cares if it looks pretty with a silky smooth shot? If you're equally unstoppable it shouldn't be held against you.

Nobody could stop Shaq in his prime.

way to contradict yourself with your very last line  hahahahaha

btw Hakeem is the only man to ever block Kareem's Skyhook

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 06:14:19 PM »
^How? Nobody could stop him.

He didn't have great flash or amazing footwork or that "coaches dream" skill set, but at the end of the day you could not stop him.

That's my point, if you get the job done, it doesn't matter how it looks on the court.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 06:21:06 PM »
^How? Nobody could stop him.

He didn't have great flash or amazing footwork or that "coaches dream" skill set, but at the end of the day you could not stop him.

That's my point, if you get the job done, it doesn't matter how it looks on the court.

Hakeem put up better stats in the playoffs in his best season than Shaq did

Shaq in 99-00:  23 games 707 points, 355 rebounds, 55 blocks, 30.7 PPG and 15.4 RPG

Hakeem in 94-95:  22 games, 725 points, 227 rebounds, 62 blocks, 33 PPG and 10.3 RPG  (hakeem played Robinson and Shaq in these playoffs)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 06:22:27 PM »
Hakeem went against both Shaq and Ewing in the NBA finals

and for those who think the Bulls would've beat the Rockets....I used to think that too until you take a look at the Rockets-Bulls games during the MJ/Hakeem era and see the Rockets held their own

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-16433919.html

KAREEM SAYS HAKEEM WAS BETTER THAN SHAQ

wow those are 3 ugly names lol

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 06:56:51 PM »
Hakeem in his prime was better than a rookie Shaq. That's all we can prove. I know I'd rather have Shaq's career and Shaq in his prime on my time than I would Olajuwon. He came close once in the 80s but they  got slapped around by Larry in the finals. The rest of the years they were a one and done team.