Author Topic: Music intervention: Snoop Dogg - please be gangsta again  (Read 1077 times)

YoungGotti

• Lil Geezy
Re: Music intervention: Snoop Dogg - please be gangsta again
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2011, 03:16:19 PM »
Snoop done became lazy he don't even write his own shit no more, probably hasn't in years. He got a bad ear for beats too lately.

bouli77

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 03:55:58 PM »
if you look at Snoop's career though, it looks like he's never fully written his lyrics... I mean in the beginning it was D.O.C. helping him with the lyrics, he even admitted that he couldn't come up with more than one verse sometimes. then Tray Deee ghostwrote a LOT for him in the mid 90's, then it was Bad Azz, Problem etc. there was always some sharp dude to polish his lyrics. Snoop is definitely not a lyricist, he's not the weakest, he comes up with witty lines, good play on words, cadence, pronunciation, but he oftens runs in circle, uses the same commonplace rhyme... there are a lot of dudes in the west alone i'd pick over snoop as far as lyrics... Ras Kass, Cube, E-40, Crooked I, San Quinn, even Game... but dude could flow like no other had some point and still got it when he wants too... for example on Daz's I Got Tha Fire... his verse was ill!!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2011, 04:07:41 PM »
if you look at Snoop's career though, it looks like he's never fully written his lyrics... I mean in the beginning it was D.O.C. helping him with the lyrics, he even admitted that he couldn't come up with more than one verse sometimes. then Tray Deee ghostwrote a LOT for him in the mid 90's, then it was Bad Azz, Problem etc. there was always some sharp dude to polish his lyrics. Snoop is definitely not a lyricist, he's not the weakest, he comes up with witty lines, good play on words, cadence, pronunciation, but he oftens runs in circle, uses the same commonplace rhyme... there are a lot of dudes in the west alone i'd pick over snoop as far as lyrics... Ras Kass, Cube, E-40, Crooked I, San Quinn, even Game... but dude could flow like no other had some point and still got it when he wants too... for example on Daz's I Got Tha Fire... his verse was ill!!
i feel you homie. he always said writing wasn't his strong point but he still managed to write on the chronic. d.o.c. coached him . i think smokin too much did it. got writer's block. i'd say he's a lyricist though. he just need high quality production and not that scoop deville shit.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2011, 04:11:09 PM »

no, thats not tue at all.
Snoop always wrote his own lyrics, until pretty recently - when he decided to let Problem pen some lyrics for him for the "ego trippin"-album

Bad azz, Tray Dee and other artists used to come up with hooks and choruse, or polish a few lyrics.
i know Bad azz did write Snoops part on "Midnite Love" though, or helped him polish stuff at least. and Bad azz wrote Snoops part on "Just dippin", while Kurupt wrote Dre's part. i also know Daz helped wit a few rhymes/ideas on the "doggystyle" album.
D.o.c didnt ghostwrite for him - thats a common misconception/myth, he acted more like a coach, and showed Snoop how to construct rhyme-patterns, songs and stuff like that. kinda like Jam Master Jay did for 50 cent.. but he wrote the lyrics himself.
Snoop wrote the majority of "the chronic"-album, and also some lyrics for other artists like Paradise..
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:14:10 PM by imsohappydatmydiccsbig »

bouli77

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »
yeah my bad, d.o.c. didn't actually ghostwrite for him, he was a coach. that still shows that snoop isn't a lyricist at heart, unlike people like doc or crook. (that doesn't mean he's a terrible writer though). tray deee also wrote for snoop on no limit top dogg, i think it's for the song betta days but i'm not sure. you can hear original versions or demos of songs where tray deee uses sentences that were later used by snoop. as for bad azz, dude wrote for the whole dogg pound camp. he wrote for warren g, daz (i'd rather lie 2 ya which was originally a bad azz song), snoop...

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »
yeah my bad, d.o.c. didn't actually ghostwrite for him, he was a coach. that still shows that snoop isn't a lyricist at heart, unlike people like doc or crook. (that doesn't mean he's a terrible writer though). tray deee also wrote for snoop on no limit top dogg, i think it's for the song betta days but i'm not sure. you can hear original versions or demos of songs where tray deee uses sentences that were later used by snoop. as for bad azz, dude wrote for the whole dogg pound camp. he wrote for warren g, daz (i'd rather lie 2 ya which was originally a bad azz song), snoop...

D.O.C. actually writes for him these days, haha. Pimpin' Ain't Easy, Imagine, 'Round Here, and a few others were all D.O.C.  Funny how shit changed.

westside159

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2011, 05:26:03 PM »
INTERVENTION for music  LMAO LMAO   funny and true   snoop new song wet is  the weakest shit i ever heard , its a joke   Autotune ?  somebody hasnt told snoop that Autotune is old and played out , damn

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2011, 05:55:33 PM »

D.O.C. actually writes for him these days, haha. Pimpin' Ain't Easy, Imagine, 'Round Here, and a few others were all D.O.C.  Funny how shit changed.

yeah, thats true.
not only that, Doc even made reference-verses for Snoop,. lol
Theres a version of "Pimpin aint easy" that leaked, where Doc does Snoops verses..

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2011, 06:08:57 PM »

""respect my gangsta, cuzz..

long beach 21st crip.
thats on the set""

Not one blue Gummy Bear in sight....

Pssh! And he calls himself crippin!
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2011, 09:02:08 PM »

More amazing moments in the life of Cordozar Calvin Broadus...

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2011, 09:05:24 PM »
^^LMAO at some of those pics

+1

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2011, 10:51:14 PM »
snoop dogg stepped into the wwe ring....wow I would never have guessed it
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Will_B

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2011, 03:37:01 AM »
On that old clip of Dre talkin on MTV (wayyy back in 94 I think) someone just posted, he said when they got together for Doggystyle and the Chronic, EVERYONE put some ideas in the 'hat/pot' whatever, and what they came up with was magic. He actually says "you can't do that shit without everyone batting round ideas" or some such. He never claimed otherwise. Collabos are king. Like in freestyles and battling shit it's that spontaneity of firing off or against another rapper or a with the DJ on the beat. In that recent interview with Rage, RBX, Snoop and Kurupt (MTV again) it was the same, they said back then they were always challenging each other to go further, and better. I think RBX compared it to all the Kung Fu movies they were watching at the time!!

What I'm saying is Snoop having Problem or whoever in the studio as an ideas man on one album isn't a new concept. Soopafly is always around Snoop. Snoop said once Soopafly is one guy he'll always run a track past before he releases it. It's just how it works. If it's not your 'team' like Snoop has, it's your posse or homies. The only rapper I've ever heard of who writes alone ... in his head... not even on Paper..is Jay-Z, but then he's probably also counting up the revenue of each add lib as he writes em.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2011, 07:19:27 AM »
 E-white is another that wrote some stuff for Snoop. I remember in an interview sSnoop said about a track or two on the 1st no limit album "Masta P wrote the whole thing"?
 Anyways the Gummi bear thing dosent bother me at all. Songs like "wet" and albums like "MIW" bother me much more so..
 LOL at pics, thought i'd add some more;

jeanmiche777

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2011, 07:28:02 AM »
Yeah, i guess the gummibear-thing made it into a smash, huh?
*silence* .... no

Lol you've seen the whole video dude? It's a party/summer track. The whole vids like that. It's reppin Cali HARD worldwide with Snoop and one of the biggest female artists of the moment.

yeah, plus the whole concept of the video is about this candy stuff and that "in tha land of cockaigne"-kinda style. And Snoop just plays the Master of Candy or what so ever, I really like the video and the fact that's it not too serious. I don't know what your problem is in this case, since the track is a summer party track like OG Will already said. It would be a problem to me if this was a serious song though...

I think there videos with Snoop's appearence that are more corny... sitting on the moon in "midnight love" for instance lol...

its impossible to defend a grownup-mans dance-routine wit gummi-bears.
specielly when it concerns a former crip-gangbanger..

i dont have a problem wit the video, whyd u assume that?
i said its just too much, which it is..

like i said, i usually defend Snoop, i dont believe in the word "sell-out" - and im okay wit everythin he did.
from his theme-song for "one life to live", his apearances on "Martha" to his chit-chat wit the "View"-ladies..
but dancing wit gummi-bears isnt a good look for anyone..

It's that kind of video. Don't sweat it 8)

For some reasons, that pic is creepy