Author Topic: DJ Battlecat - Rare Wanted list !!  (Read 2562 times)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DJ Battlecat - Rare Wanted list !!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 10:28:38 AM »
Could Kokane 'Get Ready' be either 'Nite L.O.C.'s" - opens with Kokane saying 'Get Ready'

Get Ready is off of a 2002 leak of Dr Jekyll Mr Kane.. i always thought this song was produced by T-Bone, not Battlecat.

What track number? I have 21 track advance but no 'Get Ready' :-\

Its track 1 on the 2002 advance (not the doggystyle advance)

But as you say it could also be the one with Roscoe, in that case its not Battlecat but T-Bone like someone just said.
But it could also be this one:

Kokane - Some Sucka Shit (Myself In The Mirror)

Because i havent seen this one on any list and it also starts with Kokane saying Get Ready.

Some Sucka Shit= Get Ready

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 01:31:29 PM »

Snoop Dogg - Paid in full
Paid In Full.mp3 - 6.01MB

isn't that the track from paid tha cost to be tha bo$$ album? that's a battlecat joint?

also, bandana swangin:

is that maybe only on the DVD? or was that an mp3 drop?

Schüler Music

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.soundcloud.com/ludwigschuler
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 10:24:39 PM »
Snoop Dogg - Paid in full is the same track as Snoop Dogg - Monay.

Found some more wanted !

Mykestro - Nobody Can Do It Better
Spice 1 - I'm Boss
Tweedy Bird Loc - What's Realy Goin' On

gfunkgueroLA

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 11:18:57 PM »
Nite Locs is produced by Meech Wells and Quazedelic, and it is off the Doggystyle All Stars. It is not a Battlecat track.

doggfather

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 11:29:55 PM »

isn't that the track from paid tha cost to be tha bo$$ album? that's a battlecat joint?

also, bandana swangin:

is that maybe only on the DVD? or was that an mp3 drop?

only on dvd IMO.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Will_B

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 01:27:25 AM »

Kind of. Paid In Full aka Money Weak (apparently a Battlecat beat) was reworked for Paid Tha Cost as 'Paper'd Up' - prod by Fredwreck.

Schüler Music

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 08:56:39 AM »
Nite Locs is produced by Meech Wells and Quazedelic, and it is off the Doggystyle All Stars. It is not a Battlecat track.

I dont believe that. Discogs is fucked up. Dogghouse America from the same album is also credited Meech Wells. But the track is also featured in a Paid The Cost To Be The Boss Advance, credited to Battlecat. Plus..Meech Wells aint that skilled haha.

There is also a different version of the track on some Kokane album. [
b]Kokane - What They Say feat. Snoop & Goldie Loc[/b]
This one i long time ago found credits for Battlecat making the beat.

However, discogs often tend to leave information out rather than "lying" so Meech Wells probably got something to with the beat too. But its kind of obvious if you listen to it !

bouli77

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
Plus..Meech Wells aint that skilled haha.

It aint about discogs i have the original copy it says produced by Quaze. I believe an official doggystyle records booklet over a .nfo file from an advance folder. It doesn't sound like a Battlecat production anyway (it has that parliament type sound that quaze creates). and Meech Wells is THAT skilled. Remember that it's the same dude that brought My heat Goes Boom, Issues (Last Meal), Still a G Thang or I Got That Fire. I consider all of these beats (and tracks) far superior to Nite L.O.C.'s. Meech Wells is crazy. Too bad his career kinda ebbed.

gfunkgueroLA

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 12:06:15 PM »
That's right homie I got that info off of the album where that track is from. Meecharoni is hard as fuck in my opinion people don't give him props. Battlecat is hard as fuck too. Does anybody know about a track with Snoop ft. Brotha Lynch Hung, produced by the Soundscannerz? I heard this track a while back when Snoop had a show in Sirius Radiol. West Up!

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 12:17:19 PM »
Territory?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M4J7AyRaUCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/M4J7AyRaUCs</a>

gfunkgueroLA

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »
Nah OG it's not the Territory song, i don't know it must of been a song that only Snoop has. Gracias homie 8)

Schüler Music

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 06:05:33 AM »

[/quote]

It aint about discogs i have the original copy it says produced by Quaze. I believe an official doggystyle records booklet over a .nfo file from an advance folder. It doesn't sound like a Battlecat production anyway (it has that parliament type sound that quaze creates). and Meech Wells is THAT skilled. Remember that it's the same dude that brought My heat Goes Boom, Issues (Last Meal), Still a G Thang or I Got That Fire. I consider all of these beats (and tracks) far superior to Nite L.O.C.'s. Meech Wells is crazy. Too bad his career kinda ebbed.

[/quote]

Well you could be right! But Battlecat is great when it comes to that Parliament type of sound. The evidence tells you are right but i still have more confidence in my ears sorry.

Thanks ALOT people ! Heres whats left of the list !

2pac - Till I C L.A. featuring Ice Cube & Coolio
2pac - Till I C L.A. featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg & Kurupt (Skandalouz Early Version)
Big Business - A New Day
Busta Rhymes - Who Ryda
Joi - Gravity
King Lou - Hey O Girl (feat. Knoc-turn`al & Tha Lost Angels)
King Lou - Why must I (feat. Ruff Dogg & Popa LQ)
King Lou - Your The Reason (feat. Xavier)
King Lou - OG School Feat. Ruff Dog, Doggys Angels & Andre Wilson (WHOLE VERSION)
Kokane - I'm Not Sure 
Kr3t - I Mean Business
Princess - Vida (feat Prince Syc)
Tryplyn - Tryplyn
WestNile - Good Thang (feat Latoiya Williams)
WestNile - Tha Night
Young Sau - NoHappy Endings
Mykestro - Nobody Can Do It Better
Spice 1 - I'm Boss

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 06:36:54 AM »
Mykestro - Nobody Can Do It Better  (Prod by Battlecat)
http://limelinx.com/files/8ceb515a5d6d8c1ae8ad09e6d4001991

Spice 1 - I'm Boss
 (prod by Battlecat)
http://limelinx.com/files/8ce41467b48129019dfd9d37623817b9
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:05:25 AM by imsohappydatmydiccsbig »

bouli77

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 07:21:09 AM »
Well you could be right! But Battlecat is great when it comes to that Parliament type of sound. The evidence tells you are right but i still have more confidence in my ears sorry.

i mean if you were more familiar with Quaze's sound, you'd realize that Nite L.O.C.'s sounds much more like a Quaze song than a BC song.

Battlecat is of course influenced by Parliament, but he has his own peculiar sound that you can recognize miles away, especially with the instruments he uses. When I listen to Nite L.O.C.s, my first thought is not "wow that's definitely a BC beat", but when I first listened to Tom Jones's I Don't Think So, Po Broke N Lonely's Three Honeys or E-40's Get Breaded, it's very obvious. Quaze has become Parliament/Funkadelic member, he's touring with them and on Nite L.O.C.'s you can recognize their direct influence and you can tell that it's not a BC beat. I mean the guitar doesn't sound Battlecat. The instrumental is not enough furnished to be a battlecat production. Battlecat's beats always have tons of sounds and instruments, so many that it sometimes becomes sickening. The pattern here is to simple, Battlecat never keeps it simple.

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 10:21:36 AM »

i mean if you were more familiar with Quaze's sound, you'd realize that Nite L.O.C.'s sounds much more like a Quaze song than a BC song.

Battlecat is of course influenced by Parliament, but he has his own peculiar sound that you can recognize miles away, especially with the instruments he uses. When I listen to Nite L.O.C.s, my first thought is not "wow that's definitely a BC beat", but when I first listened to Tom Jones's I Don't Think So, Po Broke N Lonely's Three Honeys or E-40's Get Breaded, it's very obvious. Quaze has become Parliament/Funkadelic member, he's touring with them and on Nite L.O.C.'s you can recognize their direct influence and you can tell that it's not a BC beat. I mean the guitar doesn't sound Battlecat. The instrumental is not enough furnished to be a battlecat production. Battlecat's beats always have tons of sounds and instruments, so many that it sometimes becomes sickening. The pattern here is to simple, Battlecat never keeps it simple.

true!
im also 100% sure that its not a BC production, BUT at the same time the drums sounds 100% like him... my guess is that quaze and wells used a BC drumloop! even dj quik used a battlecat drumloop on one of his hits.. cant remember which track though.. funny thing though is, that they dont sound like BC at all... ;D