Author Topic: Jeff Fisher's gone too  (Read 1323 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Jeff Fisher's gone too
« on: January 27, 2011, 08:41:25 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81df4547/article/fisher-titans-part-ways-after-more-than-16-seasons?module=HP_headlines

First they cut Young and now they're letting Jeff go too. Are there any vacancies left? Carolina still hasn't replaced Fox right? I wouldn't ind him running the defense in Indy. They could use a spark.

Lunatic

Re: Jeff Fisher's gone too
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 09:52:54 PM »
Very surprised by the timing. This is a late development. Most coaching vacancies are gone but you feel some team will hire Fisher asap if they can. He's no coordinator, he's a HC.

Titans = No QB. no coach LOL. Gregg Williams is a candidate. Runs an awesome defense in NO but his head coaching career is far from good (Buffalo). Please no Brian Schotenheimer or Mangini.

Most Titans fans seem opposed to making an O-Line coach a HC, but I wouldn't mind seeing Munchak get a 1 year shot at it. He's hard nosed, demands the right attitude and will play tough ass football.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 09:56:53 PM »
Oh god in heaven please let Brian schottenheimer be hired by the titans :D

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 10:03:46 AM »
Very surprised by the timing. This is a late development. Most coaching vacancies are gone but you feel some team will hire Fisher asap if they can. He's no coordinator, he's a HC.

Titans = No QB. no coach LOL. Gregg Williams is a candidate. Runs an awesome defense in NO but his head coaching career is far from good (Buffalo). Please no Brian Schotenheimer or Mangini.

Most Titans fans seem opposed to making an O-Line coach a HC, but I wouldn't mind seeing Munchak get a 1 year shot at it. He's hard nosed, demands the right attitude and will play tough ass football.

I don't see Carolina going from Fox to Fisher, but I guess he could coach college. He came from the Buddy Ryan system so I still wouldn't mind seeing him DC a team. But as an NFL HC he may have to wait a year or two for some other guys to fail.

As for the Titans, I say they have to pull a seasoned stud of an HC out of retirement or go with very young blood. Williams will not be your answer, because there aren't any hot shot OCs out there to help out. If you brought in Williams to run the defense and had McDaniels come in with Orton that'd be a good building block to train a new QB for a couple years. You still have CJ so you don't need a stud at QB right away.

A trade for Kolb and the Philly OC as HC might be great for offense but terrible for defense, and Ron Meeks needs to go. Here's your best bet if you can get him; John Gruden. Get Gruden to HC, trade for Matt Flynn whi is already running a very similar to Gruden offense in Green Bay, and did a great job filling in for Rodgers. I was about to say snag Dick Jauron for to run your 4-3, but I just saw he's been picked up Cleveland. So now I don't know where you go for DC.

Ok, I got it, pay Caldwell all the money he wants and let him HC in Tenn. You will suck for years but at least then I'll be rid of him in Indy.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 10:11:24 AM »
I wouldn't ind him running the defense in Indy. They could use a spark.

That wont happen though. I was thinking the same for Oakland, but he wont take a Defensive Coordinator position. He will just wait for a head coaching gig.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 10:27:50 AM »
Gruden is a pipe dream. So is Cowher LOL.

We don't need an OC. Ours is still under contract. We need a DC.

A HC & A DC. Gregg Williams wouldn't shock me. Please no Mangini (I'll take Mangini as DC though) or Schotenheimer.

More likely, they'll promote someone from within (OC Mike Heimerdinger or O-Line coach Mike Munchak).

Ya, I can't see Fisher hopping on anywhere as a Coordinator

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 10:31:26 AM »

They could have let him go last offseason so he could get the USC spot instead of that little bitch Kiffin lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 10:36:12 AM »

A HC & A DC. Gregg Williams wouldn't shock me. Please no Mangini (I'll take Mangini as DC though) or Schotenheimer.

More likely, they'll promote someone from within (OC Mike Heimerdinger or O-Line coach Mike Munchak).

They can always bring in Marty. You'll make the wild-card by year two. With CJ to play Marty ball and Britt to be a respectable deep threat it'd be great.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 10:44:21 AM »

They can always bring in Marty. You'll make the wild-card by year two.

But then be bounced in the wildcard game  :-X

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 10:48:14 AM »
Is it a good or bad thing that the coach who comes in gets to fill multiple spots? (DC, D-Line coach, RB coach, etc)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »

They can always bring in Marty. You'll make the wild-card by year two.

But then be bounced in the wildcard game  :-X

Yeah but at least the ground work will be laid. Marty would just be there to make sure the team gets going.

edit- they could just bring in Peyton Manning and win the division that way.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 05:27:22 PM »
Lmao a combo of Marty and manning would translate to being one  and done in the playoffs every year

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 05:41:23 PM »
Lmao a combo of Marty and manning would translate to being one  and done in the playoffs every year

One and done. That seems to be the new slogan for Brady and Bellicheck. Marty and Manning would win a Superbowl, because Marty spends all his time on running the ball and stopping the run, and Manning would be the one make the big plays. Marty went one and done with Mike Pagel, Steve DeBerg, Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, and Elvis Grbac in his first 13 seasons as HC between Cleveland and KC. The best he had was Kosar and an aged and beaten down Montana and he cut it very close a couple times. He lost those games by an average of 2 points and he always did well against the run. Put Peyton Manning in for those 13 years and see how many rings Marty would have had. (even a 12 year old Peyton Manning could out do Steve Bono).

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 05:42:24 PM »
keep that nigga VY yall
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 09:06:01 PM »
Last time I checked Brady and belli have 3 Sbs and a winning playoff record while manning has one and a losing record in the playoffs, 9-10