Author Topic: Jeff Fisher's gone too  (Read 1324 times)

Lunatic

Re: Jeff Fisher's gone too
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 10:35:58 PM »
My complete take (long lol)

I'm sort of torn.

I wanted Jeff Fisher out. Can it be that much worse? Yes, but can it be much better? Yes. Jeff Fisher defines mediocre, 8-8. Players like Donnie Nickey still being around LOL. Gage over D. Williams, Hope keeping a starting job, punting on 4th & 2 with the season on the line & 5 mins left. Jeff Fisher makes odd decisions and is often outcoached and outclassed.

I hate the timing. Why not a month ago like everyone else? He was supposed to be retained. We lost out on a lot of good candidates (Harbaugh, Rivera, etc). Now we either have to go with someone left on the market (Eric Mangini?) or promote from within (Mike Munchak?). Gregg Williams seems realistic from what I've heard and although some Titans fans mention Perry Fewell, I haven't seen his name mentioned. Please no Brian Schotenheimer (sp?)

Is it good or bad that the new head coach comes in without a DC or D-Line coach? Bad cause its chaotic or good cause you get to basically make your staff?

I don't want Eric Mangini as HC. Hell no. I do hope he becomes our DC though. Gregg Williams is a sweet DC but sucked as a HC with Buffalo. I would give him a shot, but am not as sold on him as many are. I don't think Heimerdinger (OC) gets the job, coming off chemo and all. Mike Munchak seems the most likely candidate IMO. I don't have an opinion on him that leans more to one side. I like his attitude & familiarity with the team, but he's never even been a coordinator. That's a big jump to HC.

If Fisher quit because his son couldn't be allowed on the team, that's BS. You make a big deal all off season, the media starts leaking "it's young or fisher", you hold meetings to discuss future's, management agrees to cut ties with young and retain you, and you quit 2 weeks later? WEAK

And I don't buy the "he couldn't name assistants on his last contract year" as an excuse, many of our assistants this past off season were given longer deals than Fisher.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 12:34:57 AM by Lunatic »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 10:40:56 PM »
Apparently fisher wanted to promote his son on the staff and that was the last straw for bud adams

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 12:12:57 PM »
Last time I checked Brady and belli have 3 Sbs and a winning playoff record while manning has one and a losing record in the playoffs, 9-10

What's that Janet Jackson song from the 80s? Since Manning's SB win Brady and Bill ain't done shit when it counts.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »
Last time I checked Brady and belli have 3 Sbs and a winning playoff record while manning has one and a losing record in the playoffs, 9-10

last I checked Bradshaw had 4 rings and Marino 0 but nobody will tell you Bradshaw was better than Marino.  nobody, not even Bradshaw's mama.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 09:47:29 PM »

last I checked Bradshaw had 4 rings and Marino 0 but nobody will tell you Bradshaw was better than Marino.  nobody, not even Bradshaw's mama.

Yeah but Marino would have found a way to mess those runs up and lose it for them. As sad as it seems there are people that believe that out there.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 01:46:51 AM »

coming from the guy who thinks Eli is elite because he has a ring. The point of football is to win the superbowl not have nice stats. Some players just don't thrive in the playoffs, peytons record speaks for itself in the playoffs.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 01:51:30 AM »
Theirs winners and losers. If you asked me who I'd rather build a team around, Peyton or big Ben I'd take Ben. Ben is a clutch team player that's a proven winner. Peytons a controlling freak that's a regular season wonder but sucks when it matters most

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 02:30:31 AM »
You can't just say oh Peyton on the jets and thier sb champs. Putting him on the jets would change the entire team. Peyton is like what Lebron James was in Cleveland. he is the team, everything goes through him. But that type of player and team dynamic never translates to postseason success in any sport. Peyton isn't a team player he is the team. But whenyou make your team so one dimensional you can be stopped. He's a regular season god, and a sub par post season player. That's just fact. You can make every excuse you want but his stats and records are the evidence

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 06:37:17 AM »
You can't just say oh Peyton on the jets and thier sb champs. Putting him on the jets would change the entire team. Peyton is like what Lebron James was in Cleveland. he is the team, everything goes through him. But that type of player and team dynamic never translates to postseason success in any sport. Peyton isn't a team player he is the team. But whenyou make your team so one dimensional you can be stopped. He's a regular season god, and a sub par post season player. That's just fact. You can make every excuse you want but his stats and records are the evidence

Peyton doesn't have any control over defense or special teams and that's what lost the Colts the game against the Jets. Put him on a team that can stop the run and return and stop big kicks and punts and just let him run the offense. Peyton, Wayne, Tamme, Addai, Rhodes and White on the Jets team would get Rex Ryan a ring. Peyton, Holmes, Edwards, Keller, Greene, and LT will get Rex 2 or 3.

You just don't get it. The fact that you think you can compare a basketball leader to an NFL leader shows this. Lebron is responsible for both sides of the ball, and when his team is giving up a lead or allowing the team to run away and score it's his fault. Peyton has no control or expertise with regards to how the Colts stop the run, or tackle. If any of the Brady Pats played the run or tackled like any of the Colts teams Peyton was on, Brady wouldn't have 3 playoffs appearances, much less 3 SBs. So many of those years the Colts squeezed into the playoffs with the next AFC South team waiting in the wings. Peyton made the difference that Brady wouldn't be able to. They'd make it in on 04, 05, 07, and 09, but they'd be 0-4 in the playoffs. And the 06 team that won the SB gets in and beats KC, Brady would get eaten alive by Baltimore on that Indy offense. So 1-5 career playoff record for Brady. Who in reality would have been replaced by 03.

Of course you just argued for Bradshaw against Marino. I guess Franco Harris was better than Barry Sanders too. Cause with Marino and Sanders and the Steel Curtain they'd make the 60s Celtics jealous.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 01:34:18 PM »
If Peyton had driven down and scored Tds instead of Fgs they would have beat the jets, THATS why they lost. Jets only score 17 points, stop acting like thier defense is so horrible. Manning put up a bunch of Fgs and choked once again in the playoffs, surprise. YOU don't get it because you let your feelings between Brady and manning get in the way. Some players just find the ways to win and some put up nice stats but don't rise when it matters most. I'm saying right now, mark Sanchez will finish his career with more sb rings then Peyton. Peyton can have all the stats he wants, but keep him away from my team. I'd take Brady and big Ben over him. Not because they are better players, because their proven winners and thats what matters most.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 02:14:38 PM »
If Peyton had driven down and scored Tds instead of Fgs they would have beat the jets, THATS why they lost. Jets only score 17 points, stop acting like thier defense is so horrible. Manning put up a bunch of Fgs and choked once again in the playoffs, surprise. YOU don't get it because you let your feelings between Brady and manning get in the way. Some players just find the ways to win and some put up nice stats but don't rise when it matters most. I'm saying right now, mark Sanchez will finish his career with more sb rings then Peyton. Peyton can have all the stats he wants, but keep him away from my team. I'd take Brady and big Ben over him. Not because they are better players, because their proven winners and thats what matters most.

Name me a QB that is a proven winner that doesn't play on a team with a defense that scores and you'd be on to something. James Harrison was more important than Ben in that second ring. It's not easy scoring TDs against the Rex Ryan Jets, but simply scoring on every possession is more than satisfactory. Brady and Ben wouldn't have even gotten the Colts close enough to even think of an FG.

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 03:08:30 PM »
Can you guys all shut the fuck up and stay on Jeff Fisher-Titans topic?  :laugh:

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 03:42:56 PM »
Can you guys all shut the fuck up and stay on Jeff Fisher-Titans topic?  :laugh:

He's gone, what else is there to talk about? I'm still hoping they get Peyton and bring Marty in to coach and then win 3 straight and then everyone will have to shut up forever. Except me; who will never shut up about it after it happens.

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 09:36:46 AM »

He's gone, what else is there to talk about? I'm still hoping they get Peyton and bring Marty in to coach and then win 3 straight and then everyone will have to shut up forever. Except me; who will never shut up about it after it happens.
Who the Titans are going to hire to right this ship  :o

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »

Who the Titans are going to hire to right this ship  :o

Yeah! That's why I mentioned Marty and Peyton. With the whole deal being that Marty coaches until Peyton retires and then Peyton becomes OC for two years, and then Marty retires and Peyton takes over as HC with Ed Reed coming in as DC. Sounds good to me. Maybe they can dump Finnegan too and pick up Nmandi.

Then we could both cheer for the same team for years to come.