Author Topic: Jeff Fisher's gone too  (Read 1327 times)

Lunatic

Re: Jeff Fisher's gone too
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 08:10:44 PM »
^LOL
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 03:05:38 PM »
What's up with all the former Bills head coaches in the hunt? Williams backs out and Mularky and Fewell are the front runners.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e12cde/article/titans-add-fewell-mularkey-to-headcoach-hunt-williams-out?module=HP_headlines

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 03:32:35 PM »
Last time I checked Brady and belli have 3 Sbs and a winning playoff record while manning has one and a losing record in the playoffs, 9-10

last I checked Bradshaw had 4 rings and Marino 0 but nobody will tell you Bradshaw was better than Marino.  nobody, not even Bradshaw's mama.
coming from the guy who thinks Eli is elite because he has a ring. The point of football is to win the superbowl not have nice stats.

way to contradict yourself

eli won the SB fuck your Rivers stats :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »
I'm shocked & happy with my Titans. Thought they were definitely gonna do the boring thing and promote from within (Mike Munchak). From what I heard, it was Munchak's job to lose and his interview was underwhelming.

I'd be happy with either Fewell or Mularkey. Gregg Williams would be my 3rd option. Everyone else can kiss my ass  :laugh: (Nick Saban, Eric Mangini, Brian Schotenheimer, Ray Sherman & Lane Kiffin)

Lunatic

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »
Actually Gregg Williams just withdrew his name from the race. Pretty mind boggling. I wonder why? Either way, I would be happy with Fewell or Mularkey. I actually prefer both over Williams anyways.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 03:50:38 PM »
Actually Gregg Williams just withdrew his name from the race. Pretty mind boggling. I wonder why? Either way, I would be happy with Fewell or Mularkey. I actually prefer both over Williams anyways.

You might be able to get both if you play the money right and work over the guy with less pride. Neither is going to want play coordinator while the other is HC, but you have to explain to them that one will handle the offense and the other defense. Find out which one really wants to be HC more than money and which one wants money more than HC. It's possible.

Lunatic

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 04:59:33 PM »

You might be able to get both if you play the money right and work over the guy with less pride. Neither is going to want play coordinator while the other is HC, but you have to explain to them that one will handle the offense and the other defense. Find out which one really wants to be HC more than money and which one wants money more than HC. It's possible.
I don't think that's possible.

We have an OC, no DC. So therefore, for that to work, it would have to be Mularkey as HC and Fewell as DC, since Mularkey isn't a defense guy.

And doesn't the NFL block such lateral moves? You can't move from DC to another DC job unless your contract is up. That's called a lateral move and is blocked by the league. You can only move teams if

A) Your contract is up
B) You're accepting a better position (from DC to HC, WR coach to OC, etc)

So I don't think either scenario is possible.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 06:37:55 PM »

We have an OC, no DC. So therefore, for that to work, it would have to be Mularkey as HC and Fewell as DC, since Mularkey isn't a defense guy.

And doesn't the NFL block such lateral moves? You can't move from DC to another DC job unless your contract is up. That's called a lateral move and is blocked by the league. You can only move teams if

A) Your contract is up

Didn't think of any lateral move penalties. I think you're right. I wonder if a DC or OC has ever been traded or moved in that way.

Lunatic

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 06:59:11 PM »

A) Your contract is up

Didn't think of any lateral move penalties. I think you're right. I wonder if a DC or OC has ever been traded or moved in that way.
Ya, it's not a possible scenario. To my knowledge, neither Fewell or Mularkey are FA. I've never seen an OC or DC trade (in recent memory?) Even HC trades are pretty few & far between.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 05:31:51 AM »

A) Your contract is up

Ya, it's not a possible scenario. To my knowledge, neither Fewell or Mularkey are FA. I've never seen an OC or DC trade (in recent memory?) Even HC trades are pretty few & far between.

When Bellicheck left the Jets and took ever coach with him, the Pats were penalized but it still happened didn't it?

Lunatic

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 12:07:08 AM »
^ I don't recall.

Word is offensive line coach Mike Munchak is still the favorite, especially if he can convince Dave McGinnis to stay and become DC. Double negative. Although I prefer Fewell & Mularkey over Munchak, I wasn't 100% opposed to Munchak until this. Please dear God do not make this douchebag (McGinnis) DC. He will not be an upgrade from Cecil who was just fired.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2011, 09:37:34 PM »
Last time I checked Brady and belli have 3 Sbs and a winning playoff record while manning has one and a losing record in the playoffs, 9-10

What's that Janet Jackson song from the 80s? Since Manning's SB win Brady and Bill ain't done shit when it counts.
What have you done for me lately.  1986.  Jeff Fisher is overrated, & lots of Titan fans wanted him gone.  Marty should try coaching in college, whatever nfl owner gives him another try is stupid. 

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2011, 10:36:08 PM »
^ Jeff Fisher is over rated but has a crazy reputation around the league a& with the media. He'll sit out this year and get a job next year.

Word is Mike Munchak will be named HC tomorrow. Earl Campbell & Kevin Mawae are two legends in his corner. This guy has never even been a Co Ordinator and he's about to become a HC.

As I said, I will judge him firstly (positively or negatively) with how he fills out his staff. I'm gonna be so pissed if he makes McGinnis DC

Lunatic

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 09:49:15 PM »
Mike Munchak officially named HC.

His press conference was a home run for me. He certainly talks the talk. He said all of the right things. Now let's see if he can walk the walk.

Thus far, I have a good perception of Munchak. My main concern was thinking he was going to name Dave McGinnis DC. Rumors are saying former Bills D Coordinator Jerry Gray is the top candidate for the job. Twice in the early part of the decade, the Bills defense under Jerry Gray finished in the top 5 as he worked under Gregg Williams. The fact that Gregg Williams hired this guy to coach his defense is a positive sign to me.

Not only that, but Ray Sherman is expected to be named WR coach. He's been with the team before and did a good job this past year in Dallas. Former Oiler/Titan great Bruce Matthews is expected to join the staff as the O Line coach (hopefully the Texans don't block that move).

If these 3 personnel moves are made, I'd be more than happy with how Munchak is starting off.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2011, 08:16:09 AM »
Mike Munchak officially named HC.

His press conference was a home run for me. He certainly talks the talk. He said all of the right things. Now let's see if he can walk the walk.

Thus far, I have a good perception of Munchak. My main concern was thinking he was going to name Dave McGinnis DC. Rumors are saying former Bills D Coordinator Jerry Gray is the top candidate for the job. Twice in the early part of the decade, the Bills defense under Jerry Gray finished in the top 5 as he worked under Gregg Williams. The fact that Gregg Williams hired this guy to coach his defense is a positive sign to me.

Not only that, but Ray Sherman is expected to be named WR coach. He's been with the team before and did a good job this past year in Dallas. Former Oiler/Titan great Bruce Matthews is expected to join the staff as the O Line coach (hopefully the Texans don't block that move).

If these 3 personnel moves are made, I'd be more than happy with how Munchak is starting off.

NFL Network just said Heimerdinger just got fired.