Author Topic: Nobody finds it a little amusing...  (Read 1499 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Nobody finds it a little amusing...
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2011, 11:18:45 AM »
This conversation has been had a thousand times before, but fuck it. Producing in hip-hop is NOT the same as producing in almost every other genre. People generally credit the beatmaker with the production credits, when in most other genres its the person who guided the artist/band through the album/song creation and assisted them in what to play and how to play it. Similar to a director in movies, but obviously not that major of a role. In hip hop, there can be producers, but a beatmaker is different. The beatmaker makes the beat, the producer does the above. Now on his past 2 albums, Dre did both, he made beats (with others) and acted as the producer on the album, which really is a big deal. NOW however, he acts as the producer, but NOT the beatmaker (not even additional production, just the mixer) on his past two DETOX singles. He still basically "made" the entire track and put it together without writing anything or making any beats. That's a producer.

The Documentary - Dre as the executive producer = Dre overlooked and basically arranged Game's album, which is why it's a classic IMO. Same with GRODT, with Dre & Em. Sometimes, even in rap, the producer doesn't have to "executive produce" the whole album, but rather a single or multiple tracks. Example for that being "The Ocean" or "Soft Rhodes" on Game's last mixape.

FYI when you can make the beat (and with the help of others, telling them what to play), mix the track, and arrange/produce the whole thing to your liking . . . that's a fuckin artist, and that's what Dre has been known for since the early 90's. The only thing missing on his half is the ability to write, although i'm sure he can write a decent verse, being around the rap game for near 30 years. And for that reason, my mind is blown away as to the decision to not have Dre production on the biggest rap album of all time - his own album.

good post.
as far as producing Kush & the other single is concerned: he had a hand in the making of these songs, but i think you can't say he played the role of the main producer.

He wasn't even credited as a producer.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2011, 11:52:24 AM »
yeah i know, DJ Khalil is credited as the producer for Kush. i haven't seen the full credits for the other single, but it will probably list Alex da kid as the producer.

So Much Style

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 12:24:04 PM »
its true everything sounds mediocore these days....you know why? Cuz we are flooded with music. back in the days around chronic 2001 we were listening to real player snippets of snoop and shit and it was different. a song had a diff. value. artists were more exciting.. now that their are 100000000000000 artists online and we hear all their new songs everyday this music shit is just not as exciting...I dont know? something is wrong, but i am not making an excuse for "i need a doctor", what a shitty beat! fuck dre for that.
So much style back at it again

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 12:28:29 PM »
its true everything sounds mediocore these days....you know why? Cuz we are flooded with music. back in the days around chronic 2001 we were listening to real player snippets of snoop and shit and it was different. a song had a diff. value. artists were more exciting.. now that their are 100000000000000 artists online and we hear all their new songs everyday this music shit is just not as exciting...I dont know? something is wrong, but i am not making an excuse for "i need a doctor", what a shitty beat! fuck dre for that.

In other words, over-saturation.

Honestly, if you ask me, Jimmy needs to fuck off for this one and let Dre do his thing. Now if it's Dre who's the problem here, and he ACTUALLY agrees with all the shit thats going on, then I don't see a bright future for the whole Aftermath/Interscope powerhouse (NOT in terms of sales! They will always run the soundscan/BDS).

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 12:30:38 PM »

In other words, over-saturation.

Honestly, if you ask me, Jimmy needs to fuck off for this one and let Dre do his thing. Now if it's Dre who's the problem here, and he ACTUALLY agrees with all the shit thats going on, then I don't see a bright future for the whole Aftermath/Interscope powerhouse (NOT in terms of sales! They will always run the soundscan/BDS).
think about it, he's been with interscope since 1992.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 12:46:37 PM »

this

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 12:53:10 PM »
not that amusing.

Oh, no. It's hilarious. It just depends if you invested all your hopes & dreams into Detox. ;D

Matty

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »
not that amusing.

Oh, no. It's hilarious. It just depends if you invested all your hopes & dreams into Detox. ;D

my entire life is invested into Detox. On suicide watch after I Need A Doctor! no more jokes please :nahnah: :nahnah: :nahnah:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 01:08:25 PM »
not that amusing.

my entire life is invested into Detox. On suicide watch after I Need A Doctor! no more jokes please :nahnah: :nahnah: :nahnah:

I'm sure you mean it sarcastically but sadly I'm pretty sure its true of you

Matty

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 01:16:53 PM »
not that amusing.

I'm sure you mean it sarcastically but sadly I'm pretty sure its true of you

you're completely wrong, but that would impossible to prove or for you to accept.

hint: there could be another reason why i'm not that fussed about other people's opinions or opinion trends, amusing or otherwise.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 01:21:28 PM »
if ppl had to pick,,
25 Dre-tracks from the DeathRow-vault or a 10-track Detox album?

Matty

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2011, 01:29:47 PM »
How bout some Westside Story beats wit niggas rappin' over 'em who ain't dressed in broad tight jeans in they music videos lookin' like some homo ass rock stars.

Ahhhhh, Westside Story did not sell that album, my friend. That song was found as a result of people buying the album based off of "How We Do". Great song. However, in 2011 I don't know how that would work out.

But while we're on the subject of Game, he seems to be leaning towards that "My single will be a sellout single too" phase.

'Westside Story' was the street single and was getting spins from hip-hop DJs before 'How We Do', although that leaked much earlier if i remember. But on a mainstream level, 'How We Do' was certainly what blew up and sold the album.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »
chris rock said it best...

"what ever music was on the radio when you first started getting laid is gonna be the best shit of all time to you"

these guys are waiting for a song that will take them back to the days when they first started getting laid and partying...like as soon as the dre record comes on your whole life style is gonna change up or something and glory days from highschool will be reinstated....sorry uncle rico, it dont work like that.

i promise you these ppl hating on kush have never even seen the reaction it gets in the club and probably havent heard it on anything but computer speakers...it may not be "let me ride" but that fucking song bangs and it was very well put together...the beat the hook and all that shit. was i disappointed by it? a little...did it grow on me? alot.

/tha voice of reason has spoken.

Matty

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2011, 01:58:25 PM »
chris rock said it best...

"what ever music was on the radio when you first started getting laid is gonna be the best shit of all time to you"

these guys are waiting for a song that will take them back to the days when they first started getting laid and partying...like as soon as the dre record comes on your whole life style is gonna change up or something and glory days from highschool will be reinstated....sorry uncle rico, it dont work like that.

i promise you these ppl hating on kush have never even seen the reaction it gets in the club and probably havent heard it on anything but computer speakers...it may not be "let me ride" but that fucking song bangs and it was very well put together...the beat the hook and all that shit. was i disappointed by it? a little...did it grow on me? alot.

/tha voice of reason has spoken.

'the voice of reason' is reasonable, but i don't think this applies to everyone. i'm more of the opinion that good music is timeless...e.g. the best shit of all time for me is a lot of stuff from before i was even born.

JohnnyL

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2011, 02:01:33 PM »
if ppl had to pick,,
25 Dre-tracks from the DeathRow-vault or a 10-track Detox album?

If there were really 25 Dre tracks in the Death Row vault and I got to pick between that or a new album, I'd probably pick the 25 Dre songs in the Death Row vault.  Not because I think Dre can't make a good new album, I just prefer the era of music when the Death Row tracks would have been recorded.