Author Topic: Christians: Does Your Religion Have Roots In Astrology?  (Read 1329 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Christians: Does Your Religion Have Roots In Astrology?
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 07:45:40 PM »

Sikotic™

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 02:18:21 AM »
Common sense and belief don't really go well together. Whether its a religious standpoint or not.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 07:23:25 PM »
and I just look and read.

There is clearly a disconnect. See here is the thing. Is there a God, I believe yes, I have felt him and seen his works. Can I prove it, unless you've walked in my shoes and seen what I've seen, no. Okay now that we got that out the way, lets get some clarifying about religion, because people seem to get religion and the existence of God confused.

Lets break it down, in further detail.

-12 Months in a Year... Jesus has 12 disciples
Actually, back then they had the Julian calender, which was reformed from the Roman calender. The Roman calender was 10 months long and based off the moon. But Julius Cesar expanded it to 12 had it based off travel around the sun, making it more accurate.

-12 Months in year... 12 tribes of Israel
again, months came from the Roman calender, which actually came from the Greek calender, and went off moon cycles, which is 28-30 days between new moons. That's all.

-On Dec. 25th the 3 brightest stars align with the brightest star, Sirius, point to direction of the sun...  The three Kings, who followed the Nothern Star, to the sun of God
From the holiday celebrating the feast of Saturn, the Roman god of time. Saturn's feast celebrated the new year, which was the beginning of the calender. The holiday was Dec. 25, which was according to the old Julian calender, the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. From then, that would mark of the new year, as the days grew longer from that day. Over time, they rearranged the calender and Christmas stayed on December 25, the winter solstice moved to December 21.

For ancient astrologers in the Northern Hemisphere, the shortest day for the sun is Dec. 22nd, where the sun sets at its lowest point for 3 days, then starts again to rise as daytime hours begin to increase.... Jesus crucified and died for three days and ressurected on the 25th of Dec.
Most historians believe Christ was crucified in April, or at least the spring. Also he was born around the spring, so Dec. 25th is more than likely not his birthday.

-In the spring equinox the daytime hours finally overpower and become longer than nighttime hours....  Easter is celebrated as birth of Christ and Christ overpowers the darkness of the devil
Again, more of the Roman's just plugging Christian holidays in place of their traditional celebrations. It made sense to the Romans.

-4300 BC to 2150 BC was the astrological age of Taurus the Bull, the age that follows is the age of Aires the Ram....  Moses was said to have lived just after the age of Taurus the Bull and ironically he blows a rams horn and is angry at folks who still worship the calf (bull)
Never thought of it... interesting

-1AD marked the beggining of the age of pisces (fish constellation)... Christians put the fish bumpersticker on their cars
LMAO... it's because ancient Christians used the fish as their symbol. It actually stands for something in Hebrew, not sure what. But it was used to show they were the fish that Jesus had caught.

-The sun is at the center of the Zodiac... Jesus is at the center of the cross
Jesus was the center of the cross because that was how Roman's punished criminals back then. Many, many people were crucified. Jesus was the one who's followers took it though and made a movement.

--Is this all just coincidence?
Not really, the Romans had it all set up, when they converted to Christianity, it all feel into place.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:27:06 PM by M Dogg »

Anunikke

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 12:55:25 AM »

but the creator doesn't have an all powerful being.
Stalagmites are the result of dripping water, so water is the creator.
Why can't our society be the result of a similar natural process?

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 03:23:40 AM »

--Is this all just coincidence?
Not really, the Romans had it all set up, when they converted to Christianity, it all feel into place.

/endthread