Author Topic: 1990's Buffalo Bills Appreciation Thread  (Read 735 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
1990's Buffalo Bills Appreciation Thread
« on: February 07, 2011, 07:01:29 PM »
The Chiefs are my team only because I've had the unfortunate experience of being raised in Kansas City.  But after the Chiefs my favorite team of All-Time was the Buffalo Bills. Here's some of the most memorable moments from the Bills 90's Era for me, and Shallow, I hope you can help me out on this one...

-When the Bills destroyed the LA Raiders in the AFC Championship Game the first year they went to the Superbowl.  They had something like 40 points by halftime.  Even when the Raiders were lucky enough to get a turnover in the first half, Darryl Talley intercepted it right back and took it all the way in for a touchdown.

-Losing in the greatest Superbowl ever played, against the Giants back in 91'.  During the heat of the Gulf War, who can forget that one.  I was in 3rd grade then.  The Bills appeared unstoppable but the Giants were able to go on the longest scoring drive I've ever seen, and able to sloooowww down the game and keep the great Bills offense off the field long enough to win.  And who can forget the "wide right" kick by Norwood.

-Thurman Thomas not being able to find his helmet in the first quarter against the Redskins.  The Bills were once again an unstoppable and dominant team in their second Superbowl, but they just ran up against the Redskins at the wrong time, and guys like QB Mark Rypien were playing out of their mind during that season.  It was just bad timing for the Bills that year, and the next two years they had to play a great Cowboys team as well.

-Beating Joe Montana and the Chiefs in the AFC championship game in 93/94 season.   Montana got knocked out of the game early in the second half, and the Chiefs never recovered and ended up being blown out.

-The Bills amazing come from behind victory against the Houston Oilers, lead by Frank Riech they made possibly the greatest comeback in NFL history.

-Thurman Thomas doing it all, running, recieving, blocking. 

-The Bills "no huddle" rapid fire offense that would go up and down the field in a matter of just a few plays

-Andre Reed, the white boy Don Beebe, James Lofton; great recievers

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: 1990's Buffalo Bills Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:15:53 PM »
thanks Bills for giving my Giants our 2nd superbowl with your idiot Norwood

who i think they kept for one more year before he attempted suicide and the bullet missed
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:23:50 PM »

who i think they kept for one more year before he attempted suicide and the bullet missed

The Giants got lucky

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 07:31:26 PM »

The Giants got lucky

They're always getting lucky in Superbowls.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:33:02 PM »
I'll add a late 90s memory; Flutie had come in for the injured Johnson and it was the first or second game with Flutie as a starter and everyone was still wondering what would happen when Johnson returned. It was a 4th and 16 run by Flutie for the first and then a score for the Bills win. Since I was a Bills fan from Toronto it was very special to see the recent Grey Cup champ start and succeed in Buffalo.

The next season the stupidest coaching decision of all time occurred when Flutie, who took the struggling Bills to the play offs again, was bench in favour of Johnson because Wade thought it felt right. To this day I think we would have won it all that year. The defense was solid with Wade Phillips as HC and the Magic Flutie was our x factor. The Titans barely beat us with Rob Johnson, and the Rams barely beat the Titans. The Bills with Flutie had a real shot. And what would have been the greatest day in Buffalo history never got to happen.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 07:41:48 PM »

The Giants got lucky

They got very lucky that the only 18-0 team in history had a hack at QB. Because if they played against a stud who knew how to throw a proper long ball then the open Moss would have ended the game with a TD. Those lucky Giants.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 07:45:39 PM »
lol @ being LUCKY when you had a backup starting QB in Jeff Hostetler

HOW MANY OTHER SB CHAMPS HAVE WON WITH A NEW/BACKUP QB LATE IN THE SEASON?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 07:50:10 PM »

It wasn't luck. The Bills defense just got nervous I guess and couldn't wrap up tackles. A couple of those long drives could have ended in a few places if these guys just finished a tackle. That's why the defense never blamed Norwood. They new it was on them as well.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 07:51:18 PM »

The Giants got lucky

They got very lucky that the only 18-0 team in history had a hack at QB. Because if they played against a stud who knew how to throw a proper long ball then the open Moss would have ended the game with a TD. Those lucky Giants.

It's so easy to go 18-0. Ya boy couldn't even do that. :laugh:

They lost that game, then Eli closed his eyes spun around & Tyree saved his ass.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »

Hostetler was awesome that year.  He was a true competitor.  I actually think the Bills would of had a better chance against Simms in that Superbowl.  But clearly the Bills let that one get away.  Their next 3 Superbowls they were underdogs, that was the year they should of won

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 07:54:01 PM »
I'll add a late 90s memory; Flutie had come in for the injured Johnson and it was the first or second game with Flutie as a starter and everyone was still wondering what would happen when Johnson returned. It was a 4th and 16 run by Flutie for the first and then a score for the Bills win. Since I was a Bills fan from Toronto it was very special to see the recent Grey Cup champ start and succeed in Buffalo.

The next season the stupidest coaching decision of all time occurred when Flutie, who took the struggling Bills to the play offs again, was bench in favour of Johnson because Wade thought it felt right. To this day I think we would have won it all that year. The defense was solid with Wade Phillips as HC and the Magic Flutie was our x factor. The Titans barely beat us with Rob Johnson, and the Rams barely beat the Titans. The Bills with Flutie had a real shot. And what would have been the greatest day in Buffalo history never got to happen.

Forgot the Bills were still that good by the late 90's.  Any holdover stars from the early 90's that were still on that team?  Was Thurman or Bruce Smith still around?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 08:03:40 PM »

The Giants got lucky

It's so easy to go 18-0. Ya boy couldn't even do that. :laugh:

They lost that game, then Eli closed his eyes spun around & Tyree saved his ass.

Not even Manning can go 18-0 from the bench. He tried, but it didn't work. Caldwell got in the way. The difference is that had they let Cassel finish off the last two games the Pats still would have been 18-0 going into the SB.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 08:04:39 PM »

Forgot the Bills were still that good by the late 90's.  Any holdover stars from the early 90's that were still on that team?  Was Thurman or Bruce Smith still around?

A few. Bruce Smith was there, but it was Antowain Smith at RB getting most of the touches.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »
in 92 i had a buffalo bills starter and when they lost the superbowl i got clowned HARD for it.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 11:29:17 PM »
I will never forget that game against the Bills, Bo Jackson was a beast, but was taken out the week before against the Bengals. To this day, I feel that had the Raiders had Bo Jackson, they would have won the whole damn thing that year. True story, the Bo Jackson Raiders were better than the Buffalo Bills. I will never let it die, and I will be honest, as a lifelong Raider fan, I still hold on to that like I still hold on to the Tuck Rule and that fat fuck Tony Siragusa's foul on Rich Gannon. Don't debate me, just know I still hold on to that Raiders/Bills game and say "only if Bo Jackson was there."