Author Topic: 1990's Buffalo Bills Appreciation Thread  (Read 733 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: 1990's Buffalo Bills Appreciation Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 12:14:34 AM »
I will never forget that game against the Bills, Bo Jackson was a beast, but was taken out the week before against the Bengals. To this day, I feel that had the Raiders had Bo Jackson, they would have won the whole damn thing that year. True story, the Bo Jackson Raiders were better than the Buffalo Bills. I will never let it die, and I will be honest, as a lifelong Raider fan, I still hold on to that like I still hold on to the Tuck Rule and that fat fuck Tony Siragusa's foul on Rich Gannon. Don't debate me, just know I still hold on to that Raiders/Bills game and say "only if Bo Jackson was there."

Yeah, I forgot that it was against the Bengals the week before that Bo Jackson was injured.  I think the Bills played the best football in that AFC Championship game that I have ever seen in my life, so you could give the Raiders Bo Jackson, Joe Montana, and Jerry Rice and they still would of lost that game.

But hey, I'm as upset as you are about Bo Jackson getting injured that game against the Bengals, really, I feel your pain.  Don't forget that Bo Jackson also played for the Kansas City Royals!   Kind of ironic since the KC Chiefs and Raiders were such rivals.  Bo was a huge phenomenon here in KC and I remember my first MLB game I ever went to was to see Bo Jackson play for the Royals.  After Michael Jordan he was probably the most electrifying athlete in the world at that time.  Remember the back-to-back homers him and Jose Canseco hit in the All-Star game back in the day?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:16:30 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 06:02:20 AM »
I will never forget that game against the Bills, Bo Jackson was a beast, but was taken out the week before against the Bengals. To this day, I feel that had the Raiders had Bo Jackson, they would have won the whole damn thing that year. True story, the Bo Jackson Raiders were better than the Buffalo Bills. I will never let it die, and I will be honest, as a lifelong Raider fan, I still hold on to that like I still hold on to the Tuck Rule and that fat fuck Tony Siragusa's foul on Rich Gannon. Don't debate me, just know I still hold on to that Raiders/Bills game and say "only if Bo Jackson was there."

You're talking about the 51-3 loss in the cold Buffalo January? Bo knows a lot of things, but not even Bo knows how to score 7 TDs in one game. You are really reaching here. I remember that game. I mean everything was just aligned for the Bills that day. One the first drive and I remember it well, the Bills score a a TD to a wide open Reed but it's called back for a hold. Then we're at 2nd and goal from like the 20 and Kelly fumbles the snap right in the heart of the pressure, it bounces right back to him, he picks it up, rolls out, and finds and finds a wide open Lofton who runs it in for a TD.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 09:23:57 AM »

You're talking about the 51-3 loss in the cold Buffalo January? Bo knows a lot of things, but not even Bo knows how to score 7 TDs in one game. You are really reaching here. I remember that game. I mean everything was just aligned for the Bills that day. One the first drive and I remember it well, the Bills score a a TD to a wide open Reed but it's called back for a hold. Then we're at 2nd and goal from like the 20 and Kelly fumbles the snap right in the heart of the pressure, it bounces right back to him, he picks it up, rolls out, and finds and finds a wide open Lofton who runs it in for a TD.

Even Jesus Christ coming back couldn't have saved the Raiders on that day... and I don't think Jesus Christ could hit a curve ball either, lol

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 10:55:44 AM »

Even Jesus Christ coming back couldn't have saved the Raiders on that day... and I don't think Jesus Christ could hit a curve ball either, lol

Nah, Jesus could do it, but he would never do that to the good people of Buffalo who just wanted a win. He couldn't help Norwood though. And dto be honest the more I watch that last drive by the Bills the more I blame Kelly for the loss. There was some bad clock management and bad routes ran on that drive. Not a single break to the sideline to stop the clock and way too much time spent between plays eating up the clock. Not to mention that Norwood had a horrible long game with kicks and if you watch the Raiders game and a lot of other ones Norwood had a tendency to drift the ball to the right when when he kicked, so setting him up on the right hash mark was just plain stupid. With 8 seconds they had the time to attempt something to the left sideline, even if it was for a small loss, and worst case an overthrow out of bounds. Because from the left mark, Norwood makes the kick.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 12:14:42 PM »

Nah, Jesus could do it, but he would never do that to the good people of Buffalo who just wanted a win. He couldn't help Norwood though. And dto be honest the more I watch that last drive by the Bills the more I blame Kelly for the loss. There was some bad clock management and bad routes ran on that drive. Not a single break to the sideline to stop the clock and way too much time spent between plays eating up the clock. Not to mention that Norwood had a horrible long game with kicks and if you watch the Raiders game and a lot of other ones Norwood had a tendency to drift the ball to the right when when he kicked, so setting him up on the right hash mark was just plain stupid. With 8 seconds they had the time to attempt something to the left sideline, even if it was for a small loss, and worst case an overthrow out of bounds. Because from the left mark, Norwood makes the kick.

Yeah, I actually noticed that too when I watched the old clip of the Raiders game... funny that he missed a kick wide right in the first half of that game as well, in an otherwise flawless performance by the Bills.   It was clear that Norwood was the only weak link on that team, then the Bills wised up a couple years later and got Christie, but it was a couple years too late.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 12:53:06 PM »

Yeah, I actually noticed that too when I watched the old clip of the Raiders game... funny that he missed a kick wide right in the first half of that game as well, in an otherwise flawless performance by the Bills.   It was clear that Norwood was the only weak link on that team, then the Bills wised up a couple years later and got Christie, but it was a couple years too late.

Still, Norwood was a fantastic kicker under 40 yards and Kelly should have known he drifts to the right, so calling a run play to the right with that little time was a bad move. A run play to to the left may have given them a ring. Norwood didn't do anything he didn't normally do. Kelly was the leader and the playcaller and he wasn't thinking.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 09:05:15 PM »
funny how the Bills havent made the playoffs since '99
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 04:53:25 AM »

I wish he had Tom Brady.

I really do because nothing would please me more than watching him stink it up for two years, get cut, and then end up in Dallas where he gets replaced by Tony Romo. He probably would have ended up holding Peyton's clip board the last few years.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 11:04:41 AM »

I wish he had Tom Brady.

I really do because nothing would please me more than watching him stink it up for two years, get cut, and then end up in Dallas where he gets replaced by Tony Romo. He probably would have ended up holding Peyton's clip board the last few years.

tom brady on the bills would throw 4 TDs and 36 INTs
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 11:33:47 AM »

I wish he had Tom Brady.

tom brady on the bills would throw 4 TDs and 36 INTs

If he's lucky. That would be his better of the two seasons he'd last there. Peyton on the other hand would have been signed in the Wade Phillips era and he and Wade would have had a lot of success together. Maybe even a couple trips to the dance and a ring. The perfect heir to the Kelly era. Can you imagine Eric Moulds and Peerless Price playing with Manning all those years. And Jay Riemersma would have looked like Tony Gonzalez, and Antowain Smith would have filled his Addai like role with no problem. Personally I don't see how the 99 Bills don't at least make the SB, if not win it and then it all builds from there. Who better to take over the K-Gun? And you know Kelly himself would have been around in pre-season and practice and maybe even signed on as OC. Remember it was Jim Kelly that called every play in that Frank Reich comeback game, if I'm not mistaken.

Of course the whole thing is the fault of the Colts, and Jim Harbaugh. Had the Colts not let up a 29-16 4th quarter lead against Buffalo in the first game and scored more than 9 points in the second game back in 1997 then te Bills would have finished 4-12 and gotten the #1 pick for the 98 draft. And instead of trading their #9 pick for Rob Johnson that could have used the #1 pick for Peyton Manning.

Of course knowing the Bills they probably would have picked Ryan Leif. But then SD would have gotten Manning and he and Marty would have taken over. Either way those fucking Colts screwed Manning over just like they're doing now.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:48:11 AM by Shallow »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 11:38:40 AM »
Peyton would've made Eric Moulds and Peerless Price into Harrison and Wayne

Brady without a coach with camera's...who knows

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »
Peyton would've made Eric Moulds and Peerless Price into Harrison and Wayne

Price looked like Wayne already when he was playing 2nd WR to Moulds under Doug Flutie and even Blesdoe. At their best therir numbers were already as good as Wayne and Harrison. The best season combined numbers for them are 2544 yards and 19 TDs. That's with an old and beaten up Bledsoe. In Manning's 49 TD season the Harrison/Wayne duo racked up 2323 yards and 25 TDs. Price was a finesse route runner that could do everything Wayne and Harrison could do, at a slightly lower level I'll admit, but Moulds was a fucking beast in his prime that Marvin and Reggie never had the strength and size to do. He could run the routes he needed to, he could fight for his spot, fight for the ball, and break tackles for extra yards. With Manning they'd be ranked among the best WR tandems of all time in their prime.

edit- and don't forget that the rookie season for Peyton he would have had Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas to help him adjust. And Flutie on the bench showing him some things. Poor Dougie never would have had a chance to play though. But after not making the playoffs in 01 because the Bills would have won the division I'm sure NE would have brought him back to Boston for a last hoorah.

God Damn Colts! Ruin everything.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:53:34 PM by Shallow »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 01:19:43 PM »

I will never forget that Bills game....that shit was fuckin terrible. I hated the Bills for so long after that game lol. And yeah, having Bo would have made a huge difference. People forget just how good he was. He was basically Steven Jacksons power mixed with Chris Johnsons ellusiveness. I remember somebody telling the story about how at Halftime, the Raiders were down 41-3. And Tim Brown stands up trying to get the team pumped up saying..."They scored 41 points in the first half....we can go out there and score 41 in the second!", and everybody just lookin at him like...wtf...lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 02:06:12 PM »

I will never forget that Bills game....that shit was fuckin terrible. I hated the Bills for so long after that game lol. And yeah, having Bo would have made a huge difference. People forget just how good he was. He was basically Steven Jacksons power mixed with Chris Johnsons ellusiveness. I remember somebody telling the story about how at Halftime, the Raiders were down 41-3. And Tim Brown stands up trying to get the team pumped up saying..."They scored 41 points in the first half....we can go out there and score 41 in the second!", and everybody just lookin at him like...wtf...lol

Huge difference? So what then? The score would have been 35-17 Bills instead of 51-3? Bo has a some great highlights but dude was splitting time with Allen and Allen didn't do shit in that game. You guys are letting the nostalgia of your youth get the better of you. Too bad the 85 Pats didn't have Bo, because they may have beaten the Bears. C'mon now. I watched and loved Pro-Stars too but the Raiders would have been as likely to win that game with Bo holding the rock as they would with Gretzky holing it. At least Gretz can play in cold weather.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 02:21:55 PM »

Huge difference? So what then? The score would have been 35-17 Bills instead of 51-3? Bo has a some great highlights but dude was splitting time with Allen and Allen didn't do shit in that game. You guys are letting the nostalgia of your youth get the better of you. Too bad the 85 Pats didn't have Bo, because they may have beaten the Bears. C'mon now. I watched and loved Pro-Stars too but the Raiders would have been as likely to win that game with Bo holding the rock as they would with Gretzky holing it. At least Gretz can play in cold weather.

I said huge difference. I didnt say they would win. You ok?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"