Author Topic: The Making of Games "The Documentary"  (Read 1519 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Making of Games "The Documentary"
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 07:22:06 AM »
Yeah, right! 50's involvement REALLY made it worst.  It was so bad he was able to go MULTI-PLATINUM and have his BIGGEST SINGLES due to 50's writing abilities.  Plus, it wasn't even 50's idea to put Yayo on that track.

Dipshit.  Admit that 50 cent had his hand in establishing Game's commercial career.  Without 50 cent Game would not have released this album.  Every thing was dependent on Game hooking up with G-Unit.  I'm not saying it's fair, just that it went that way.  I'm not saying 50 is the only one involved in establishing Game.  Dr. Dre helped him as an artist.  Other producers him as an artist.  His A&R helped him behind the scenes.  All that is still true but without 50 Cent Game would not have released the Documentary and would not have been established.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

repthatwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 07:32:36 AM »
Yeah, right! 50's involvement REALLY made it worst.

until you can reach an adequate level of intelligence, i revoke your right to talk to me

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 08:29:13 AM »
What's with BG Knocc Out being credited as a producer on Hate it or Love it?

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/the-making-of-the-games-the-documentary/hate-it-or-love-it#gallery
funny how each story on there is different...the beat was just the same before dre got it...or the beat was nothing untill dre got it.....funny storys..

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 08:48:38 AM »
When exactly did game sign to aftermath because i thought it was after 50. But games says he was recording in 2001.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 12:03:39 PM »
When exactly did game sign to aftermath because i thought it was after 50. But games says he was recording in 2001.

he was rapping before he signed to Aftermath. maybe i'm wrong, but i took that to be he was using material from his pre-Aftermath days.

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/the-making-of-the-games-the-documentary/hate-it-or-love-it#gallery
funny how each story on there is different...the beat was just the same before dre got it...or the beat was nothing untill dre got it.....funny storys..

yeah, that's the sort of thing i was talking about when i said there's a number of conflicting versions of events..

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 07:50:55 PM »
Yeah, right! 50's involvement REALLY made it worst.

until you can reach an adequate level of intelligence, i revoke your right to talk to me

1.  We're not talking.
2.  You're argument sucks.
3.  You're a stan.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 07:58:04 PM »
I may be mistaken, but there's nothing to buy or sell about this question.

Lyric wise? "The Documentary" was NOT a good album lyric-wise, The Game's topics were made up of name dropping and talking about how he's bringing the West Coast back. How are you going to bring the West Coast back if you're too busy name dropping guys from the past? I'd rate the lyrics a 2.5/5 or 3/5.

Beat wise? The production was spot on, thank God. If it weren't for the production, this album would have ended up like his other albums (decent or trash). 4.5/5.
Yup. You're right about lyrical content and it's not just the name-dropping. Everytime I play the record straight through, it feels like he mentions "Jesus pieces" on every other song. I think West Coast fans, most noteably on this forum, jump to call something a "classic" because it's a great record that still sounds great. This and "All Eyez On Me" are two albums that although I personally love are just not classics to me.

you're replying to a bot

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »

Game and cool and dre can't even be on the same page for when they met each other lol. Great read, it needs dre and fifty to speak on it though

h2k4

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 09:44:13 PM »
So many stories and yet they all seem to differ, lol.  One thing you can take from this is that 50 did write the hooks to some of Game's songs (which was already known).  I wonder what the outcome would have been if somebody else did them.  Seems like his affiliation with G-Unit/Aftermath did help him land a release date but affiliation helped a lot of other artists as well.

On a side note, WTF is up with Complex's layout?