Author Topic: Xzibit, Richie Rich Announced Part Of Mack 10's Revived Hoo Bangin' Records  (Read 1025 times)

doggfather

Re: Xzibit, Richie Rich Announced Part Of Mack 10's Revived Hoo Bangin' Records
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 12:55:52 PM »
^
ur talkin about subjective quality,
im talkin bout their careers. X is on a higher level as far as recognition in the mainstream and internationaly

you're right.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

unclsean

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 01:39:13 PM »
we'll see if it sticks.....mack's paperwork has been known to be "funny" in the past.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:43:52 PM by Okka »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 02:15:33 PM »
Wow thats actually a nice roster. Hopefully they deliver with dope music.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

SO PRUP

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 02:33:40 PM »
gotta give it to mack 10, apparently he knows his business if all these acts are willing to sign with him...

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

bouli77

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 04:58:15 PM »
^
im talkin bout their careers. X is on a higher level as far as recognition in the mainstream and internationaly

Yeah true but really the mainstream and international fame doesn't account for talent, so that doesn't mean X is 1000x better than Mack 10, but he had the chance to be around Dr. Dre when 2001 dropped and was maybe more marketable than Mack. If mainstream and international recognition were the sole criteria, then we could say that Soulja Boy or Bow Wow are 1000 times better than Dilated People or Cunnylinguists, when we all know it's never been the case.

I can safely say that Mack 10 has had a very good career both musically and commercially. He has 3 gold albums and 1 platinum album with Westside Connection. His first 2 albums are recognized as classics. Xzibit has 1 platinum album and 2 gold albums. It's not very different. If Xzibit is more of a household name it's mostly because of Pimp My Ride and other side ventures.

On the other hand, if you look at what they both have done for westcoast music, i'd say Mack 10 is more of a force to be reckoned with than Xzibit, and I'm not even a Mack 10 fan like that. Xzibit enjoys his lot of fame, true. But it's not like he has built something really solid or created a movement. He's a very talented rapper with classics on his own though. Mack 10 came up under Ice Cube, released a classic self-titled album and Bow Down under Cube's wings, then launched his own movement and developed artists like AllFrumThaI, The Comrads and the Road Dawgs, who all released classic westcoast albums. Then he launched his label and signed westcoast stalwarts CJ Mac, Techniec and MC Eiht who enjoyed a bit of success. then clicked with the Terror Squad, and with Cash Money records.

All in all, it's a very respectable career, not to be compared with 40 Glocc's. He's an established artist from coast to coast who has worked with some of the most reputable artists. So it's not like X is too good to sign on Hoo Bangin'...

I understand you prefer X, I myself do think he's more well-rounded than Mack 10 rapwise... but saying Xzibit is a better artist because he's more mainstream recognition, come on...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:00:07 PM by bouli77 »

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 05:36:12 PM »
They've (Xzibit and Mack 10) had very respectable musical careers but due to Pimp My Ride and some acting roles, Xzibit is a lot more recognizable and well known.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

dameons

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »
This IS  dope..Give credit Mack 10 for being the only one who is REALLY trying to keep the west coast vets working..I love this ..

acgrundy

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 06:14:09 PM »
they should release Techniecs original album

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 09:44:34 PM »
^

Yeah true but really the mainstream and international fame doesn't account for talent, so that doesn't mean X is 1000x better than Mack 10, but he had the chance to be around Dr. Dre when 2001 dropped and was maybe more marketable than Mack. If mainstream and international recognition were the sole criteria, then we could say that Soulja Boy or Bow Wow are 1000 times better than Dilated People or Cunnylinguists, when we all know it's never been the case.

I can safely say that Mack 10 has had a very good career both musically and commercially. He has 3 gold albums and 1 platinum album with Westside Connection. His first 2 albums are recognized as classics. Xzibit has 1 platinum album and 2 gold albums. It's not very different. If Xzibit is more of a household name it's mostly because of Pimp My Ride and other side ventures.

On the other hand, if you look at what they both have done for westcoast music, i'd say Mack 10 is more of a force to be reckoned with than Xzibit, and I'm not even a Mack 10 fan like that. Xzibit enjoys his lot of fame, true. But it's not like he has built something really solid or created a movement. He's a very talented rapper with classics on his own though. Mack 10 came up under Ice Cube, released a classic self-titled album and Bow Down under Cube's wings, then launched his own movement and developed artists like AllFrumThaI, The Comrads and the Road Dawgs, who all released classic westcoast albums. Then he launched his label and signed westcoast stalwarts CJ Mac, Techniec and MC Eiht who enjoyed a bit of success. then clicked with the Terror Squad, and with Cash Money records.

All in all, it's a very respectable career, not to be compared with 40 Glocc's. He's an established artist from coast to coast who has worked with some of the most reputable artists. So it's not like X is too good to sign on Hoo Bangin'...

I understand you prefer X, I myself do think he's more well-rounded than Mack 10 rapwise... but saying Xzibit is a better artist because he's more mainstream recognition, come on...

i said he's "bigger", not "better" than Mack.
n yeah, X is too big for Hoo Bangin IMO, i think hes signin cuz he is bankruptr ight now...

Xzibit is one of 4 rappers from the american west coast that is known all over the world (snoop, dre, cypres, x).
career-wise, cant even be compared to a 90s-rapper like Mack 10.. both in music n entertainment. hes been a star all over the world ever since the "Restless" tour (long before "pimp my ride")

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 09:55:40 PM »
Well I say congrats to ANY artist on the west that is putting together a label the way Mack 10 is. And the deal X did with Mack is a joint deal, it will also distribute Open Bar Entertainment as well. Can't wait to hear what comes from the label in 2011.

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 10:05:37 PM »
Hope they physically distribute a lot of projects in 2011
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 10:48:22 PM »
Best of luck to both Xzibit & Richie Rich...But maybe they shoulda talked to these guys first.  :-\

Allfrumtha I
Boo Kapone
Chilldrin Of Da Ghetto
CJ Mac
The Comrads  
Da Hood  
MC Eiht
Road Dawgs
Soultre
Techniec
Young Hoggs

doggfather

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 10:58:57 PM »
they should release Techniecs original album
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 11:03:03 PM »
Can't wait to hear what comes from the label in 2011.