Author Topic: Blueprint to get Dr. Dre back on track  (Read 2465 times)

love33

Re: Blueprint to get Dr. Dre back on track
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 08:00:03 PM »
lmao that verse is wack and wouldn't get anyone excited.

I wanna see you write a better one! The verse I wrote is simple and not lyrical warfare..It's meant to be for the teenagers and the folks gettin their grown man on

(1) I'm not Dre's ghostwriter nor would I waste my time writing a fake verse. You're a lame for doing that.

(2) That verse sucks. Soulja boy could write a better verse than that

(3) why is a verse for "teenagers" talking about hoes and rhyming "D-R-E-" with "Eazy E"? Fuck outta here with your lame ideas.

(1) It's much easier to criticize than to actually come up with something better
(2) I would hope Soulja Boy could write a better verse since he's a platinum selling artist
(3) Drake says "hoe" all the time and he gets tons of teenagers, college students, adults buying his stuff he's the top rapper in the game next to Wayne currently...also Eazy E is to pay homage to one of the greats and provide a little history lesson for the young ears

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 09:42:49 PM »
 Hasnt Dre already "modernized"? There was that leak, the jay-z song with the techno/dance/club type beat. hasnt he apparantly worked with lady ga ga?
 Anyways all Dre need to do is stick to the formular he used in the past, i agree alot of artists need to sell out an wiork with young commercial artists to stay relevant but i dont think this is the case with Dre.
 I think his album would flop if it was full of features like chris brown an drake an pop artists.
 If the album has good beats an feauters like Nas, Jay-z, Bausta rhymes, Eminem, Snoop, it should already be a winner.
 EDIT: and oh i think the new "i need a doctor" is pretty moderised and will be on little girls ipods. I dont think llittle girls will see Dre as a sex symbol though lol, unless they really diggin the OLDer man thing. Guess he's got muscles... but aint gonna see Dre doin topless photo shoots for the ladies lol..
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 11:37:48 AM by KrazySumwhat »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 10:36:29 PM »
I love how broke motherfuckers are gonna actually sit down and give Dre a "blueprint" on how to make an album. It's too funny.

For real, Dre sold millions, then he set the way for Eminem to sell more records then anybody in the history of rap, then help 50 Cent sell over 30 million & this clown thinks he knows what he's talking about.

"I Need A Doctor" is far enough for Dre to go as far as "modernizing" goes lol.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 11:35:48 PM »
I love how broke motherfuckers are gonna actually sit down and give Dre a "blueprint" on how to make an album. It's too funny.
You basically pulled my thoughts right out of my head on that one.

Pac was allover their walls and he even said you have to make music for the ladies.  "How Do U Want It" was huge, he collabed with Jon B. and Madonna.  Game and Snoop works with Justin cause they know it can be the winning formula.  Go listen to Snoop and Pharrell "That Girl" <--- Dre needs a track like this
Tupac was 25 when he died. If Dre was not following a similar blueprint with his career when he was actually sharing space with Pac, it's asinine for him to try to be that now. Making a song with Eminem is actually the most intelligent move comercially for Dre. He's established himself as part of Em's legacy and the two have chemistry. Em is selling like crazy. There is a large section of young people who found Dre through Eminem so there is a market there. The same way we at the West Coast boards love Dre and Snoop together, they like Dre and Em. Doing a fucking R&B song with Chris Brown makes no fucking sense at all. Detox will sell just fine without him having to sell muscle posters for teenage girls like he's LL Cool J. Stop trying to think like you are an A&R for a major label. You are really terrible at it.

(1) It's much easier to criticize than to actually come up with something better
As you've no doubt proven by trying to criticize one of hip-hop's most succseful producers while dropping one of the lamest rhymes. If you have the winning formula, start your own label and make your own money off these hit records you think you have then you can be the one with a poster on the college girl's dorm room.

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 12:28:15 AM »
I wouldn't use the 'Drop ya jaws' line, becuz it sounds like 'Drop ya draws'.

I don't know, maybe its just the way I pronounce it.  :-\
LMAO!!!!!!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 02:49:20 AM »
smdh

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Will_B

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 03:12:37 AM »
lmao that verse is wack.

Hope you didn't mean my one. ;D

Anyway you do something raw to skool love33....don't be just 'all talk' :laugh: 8) 8) 8)

Mietek23

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 05:30:18 AM »
First off, Dre needs to modernized and not turned into Eminem.  I would get him on some modern music.  The first track that comes to mind is have him drop a verse on Chris Brown's "Yeah" (like Juelz Santana did on 'Run It').  He could come out of a cloud of smoke with his signature jacket and drop a verse like this:

I got bottles
I got bitches
I got kush
I got switches
64s
Too many hoes
Pimpin hit switches like '94
CB and D-R-E
We on the block like Eazy-E
When we hit the scene
Bitches all pause
It's D-R-E
Drop ya jaws
But Im about to shake the scene
Crack a Bottle on your favorite emcee
He need some stitches
I guess he gotta call a Doctor
Doctor D-R-E

This would introduce Dre to the younger crowd and get him on some modern music instead of just Eminem's music.  People of all ages and demograhpics would feel that track, then "I need a Doctor" would be in rotation alongside of it.  Dre would have a buzz, then I'd drop an All-West classic Dre Street single with two Dre verses going hard with verses from Cube, Short, and Snoop and call it along the lines of "We Go Hard" or along those lines and a classic G-Funk sound.  Then, for the first "Official" single, would be a Dre track with G-Funk merged with Techno.  Imagine Dre putting the G with the techno and getting David Guetta as a co-producer.  That would be hot.  It would be mergin the old school with the new school.  What do you all think?

You should try to get a ghostwriting job at Aftermath :D

love33

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 09:59:05 AM »
Hasnt Dre already "modernized"? There was that leak, the jay-z song with the techno/dance/club type beat. hasnt he apparantly worked with lady ga ga?
 Anyways all Dre need to do is stick to the formular he used in the past, i agree alot of artists need to sell out an wiork with young commercial artists to stay relevant but i dont think this is the case with Dre.

You're right that Dre and Jay-Z techno track was fire, he was on point with that one, hopefully we'll see more of that.  Why not work with David Guetta since he's pumping out the hits?

Tupac was 25 when he died. If Dre was not following a similar blueprint with his career when he was actually sharing space with Pac, it's asinine for him to try to be that now.
Snoop gets down in the videos with the Pharrell's and Justin Timberlake's and he's an "older" artist.  Snoop even got down on the autotune.  But I guess, according to Dre's lyrics: "40's the new 30" so why not do a couple tracks with mass appeal?  He doesn't need to sell "muscle posters" lol, but there was a time when people had "Chronic posters" on their walls.

Juelz Santana did "Run It" with Chris Brown and dropped a raw verse on the end. That's what I was referring to what Dre should do over CB's "Yeah" since it's going to be getting played in all the Miami clubs (go listen to the Power 96 Radio Stream online, Miami plays techno-rap the majority of the time) it would be a giant boost for his image in Florida and New York, since he hasn't been successful at breaking those markets these past few months.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 10:43:54 AM »
how can somebody who don't smoked kush for over 10 years can rap about kush? he is not authentic, he`s a dope producer but a lame rapper who need people rap for him on reference tracks. this desaster track named i need a doctor should be the last sign for NOT releasing detox. it will be a huge disapointment for all the fans out there. he missed the train a long time ago. dre is no artist he is a producer with mad skills, please doctor don#t try to rap over beats, let real rappers do the job.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2011, 10:47:55 AM »
Just when I thought some of you dubcc members couldn't stoop any lower, I find this thread. Christ almighty...

Jimmy H.

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 11:13:21 AM »
Snoop gets down in the videos with the Pharrell's and Justin Timberlake's and he's an "older" artist.  Snoop even got down on the autotune.  But I guess, according to Dre's lyrics: "40's the new 30" so why not do a couple tracks with mass appeal?  He doesn't need to sell "muscle posters" lol, but there was a time when people had "Chronic posters" on their walls.

Juelz Santana did "Run It" with Chris Brown and dropped a raw verse on the end. That's what I was referring to what Dre should do over CB's "Yeah" since it's going to be getting played in all the Miami clubs (go listen to the Power 96 Radio Stream online, Miami plays techno-rap the majority of the time) it would be a giant boost for his image in Florida and New York, since he hasn't been successful at breaking those markets these past few months.
Yes, there was a time when people had "Chronic" posters on their walls. That time was the 90's when Dre was still in his 20's and just breaking out as a solo artist and establishing himself as an entity outside of the N.W.A./Ruthless umbrella. He is now 46 with a very established career.

Dre does music with mass appeal.  He got a song in the Billboard top 20 competing with the biggest pop stars in the world. A song that debuted #1. "Yeah" is not only an older song but a far less popular song in terms of chart positioning so its odds of giving Dre a lot of appeal to a different demographic is minimal versus the amount of hardcore fans who would likely shit on such a pointless crossover track. Snoop comparisons are pointless. Snoop drops a lot more albums on a regular basis and has a far different approach to his public image than Dre. Dre is far more calculated when it comes to public appearances and such.

You need to stop thinking about Miami clubs as the "be all - end all" for what's hot in the music business. Dre doesn't need a Chris Brown collabo to sell Detox.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
I agree that Dre should come back out and attempt to reach the young (even though I think they would gravitate to him a little more than you think they would anyway).

but as far as "Detox" goes, maybe this would be a good idea (i waz just thinkin' about something like this literally tha other day too lol):

01 - Intro/Tha Docter
written by:  Dr.  Dre & Snoop Dogg
produced by:  Dr.  Dre & 88 Keys
additional production by:  Will.I.Am

02 - Kush (Medicated Remix)
featuring Snoop Dogg & Gil Scott Heron
written by:  Dr.  Dre, Snoop Dogg, & Jay Z
produced by:  Dr.  Dre & Sounwave

03 - Sex
featuring Whitney Houston
written by:  Dr.  Dre/Eminem, & Lil' Kim
produced by:  Dr.  Dre & Sounwave

04 - Ashley (A Song for the Single Mothers)
featuring Patti Labelle
written by:  Dr.  Dre, Patti Labelle, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, & Game
produced by:  Dr.  Dre & Scott Storch

05 - Everyday
featuring Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar, & Bone Thugs N Harmony
written by:  Dr.  Dre/T.I., Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, Krayzie Bone, Layzie Bone, Bizzy Bone, Flesh N Bone, & Wish Bone
produced by:  Dr.  Dre & Kanye West

06 - Act This Way
featuring Skylar Grey & Ester Dean
written by:  Dr.  Dre & Jay Z
produced by:  Dr.  Dre & Timbaland

07 - Spit In Tha Devil's Face
featuring George Clinton, Mr. Kane, Snoop Dogg, & DJ Quik
written by:  Crooked I, Snoop Dogg, DJ Quik, George Clinton, & Mr. Kane
produced by:  Dr.  Dre & DJ Khalil

08 - Bring 'Em Baqq 2 Kompton
featuring Game, Kendrick Lamar, MC Ren, & YG Hootie
written by:  Game, Kendrick Lamar, MC Ren, & YG Hootie
produced by:  Dr.  Dre & Q-Tip

09 - Malcolm X
written by:  Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, & Dr. Dre
produced by:  Dr.  Dre

10 - Junkies Groove
produced by:  Dr.  Dre

11 - What's Goin' On 2012
featuring Marvin Gaye, Snoop Dogg, Glasses Malone, Kendick Lamar, WC, Kid Cali, & Game
written by:  Marvin Gaye, Snoop Dogg, Dr.  Dre, Glasses Malone, Kendrick Lamar, WC, Kid Cali, & Game
produced by:  Dr.  Dre & DJ Khalil and Dr.  Dre & Sounwave

12 - Outro/R.I.P.
written by:  Dr.  Dre, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, & BlackThought
produced by:  Dr.  Dre & The Roots
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:04:19 PM by RadioTube!™ »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 11:49:47 AM »
 lmfao radiotube for president.

QuietTruth