Author Topic: Blueprint to get Dr. Dre back on track  (Read 2467 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Blueprint to get Dr. Dre back on track
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 11:54:19 AM »
lol, it's tha gospel tho...

Jimmy H.

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 04:34:49 PM »
Tube, you and love33 need to get together on this shit. You can make the fake album credits and he can tell you how to make it commercially-acceptable for the Miami club scene.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2011, 05:51:20 PM »
what the fuck man lol

love33

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 06:15:07 PM »
I like your tracklist Radiotube...I kinda wanna see a double cd because we waited 12 years and it will probably be his last.

Also, the Chris Brown crossover track could only help him since Chris Brown is bigger than Dre at the moment and it would def help him with the Chris Brown/Kanye/Drake crowd.

I think he needs to reach out to Drake since Drake is the man at the moment and one of the greatest to ever touch the mic.

And the David Guetta collabo would push him over the top! Look at that Flo Rida track "Club Can't Handle Me Now" that's huge in LA and Miami!

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 07:46:15 PM »
I like your tracklist Radiotube...I kinda wanna see a double cd because we waited 12 years and it will probably be his last.

Also, the Chris Brown crossover track could only help him since Chris Brown is bigger than Dre at the moment and it would def help him with the Chris Brown/Kanye/Drake crowd.

I think he needs to reach out to Drake since Drake is the man at the moment and one of the greatest to ever touch the mic.

And the David Guetta collabo would push him over the top! Look at that Flo Rida track "Club Can't Handle Me Now" that's huge in LA and Miami!

Hey, no offense but...
I wasn't mad at the lyrics you wrote for Dre.
I wasn't mad at the fake Detox tracklist.
But this ?
 :bomb:

Jimmy H.

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2011, 12:36:03 AM »
Sorry but I just don't subscribe to that way of thinking in regards to music. By that rationale, Dr. Dre should just do an episode of "Glee" or "American Idol". Fact is when it comes to digital downloads, Dre had the #1 song last week and went to #14 this week. Brown's new song debuted at #4 and went down to #15. Brown may be doing a little better on radio spins but not by enough of a margin that Dr. Dre needs him to remain relevant. Detox may not get a huge critical reception depending on where expectations lie but I don't see it being in any jeopardy of being a commerical failure.

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2011, 12:38:43 AM »
First off, Dre needs to modernized and not turned into Eminem.  I would get him on some modern music.  The first track that comes to mind is have him drop a verse on Chris Brown's "Yeah" (like Juelz Santana did on 'Run It').  He could come out of a cloud of smoke with his signature jacket and drop a verse like this:

I got bottles
I got bitches
I got kush
I got switches
64s
Too many hoes
Pimpin hit switches like '94
CB and D-R-E
We on the block like Eazy-E
When we hit the scene
Bitches all pause
It's D-R-E
Drop ya jaws
But Im about to shake the scene
Crack a Bottle on your favorite emcee
He need some stitches
I guess he gotta call a Doctor
Doctor D-R-E

This would introduce Dre to the younger crowd and get him on some modern music instead of just Eminem's music.  People of all ages and demograhpics would feel that track, then "I need a Doctor" would be in rotation alongside of it.  Dre would have a buzz, then I'd drop an All-West classic Dre Street single with two Dre verses going hard with verses from Cube, Short, and Snoop and call it along the lines of "We Go Hard" or along those lines and a classic G-Funk sound.  Then, for the first "Official" single, would be a Dre track with G-Funk merged with Techno.  Imagine Dre putting the G with the techno and getting David Guetta as a co-producer.  That would be hot.  It would be mergin the old school with the new school.  What do you all think?

You should try to get a ghostwriting job at Aftermath :D
slim da mobster is shitting his pants right about now

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mietek23

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2011, 02:54:57 AM »
First off, Dre needs to modernized and not turned into Eminem.  I would get him on some modern music.  The first track that comes to mind is have him drop a verse on Chris Brown's "Yeah" (like Juelz Santana did on 'Run It').  He could come out of a cloud of smoke with his signature jacket and drop a verse like this:

I got bottles
I got bitches
I got kush
I got switches
64s
Too many hoes
Pimpin hit switches like '94
CB and D-R-E
We on the block like Eazy-E
When we hit the scene
Bitches all pause
It's D-R-E
Drop ya jaws
But Im about to shake the scene
Crack a Bottle on your favorite emcee
He need some stitches
I guess he gotta call a Doctor
Doctor D-R-E

This would introduce Dre to the younger crowd and get him on some modern music instead of just Eminem's music.  People of all ages and demograhpics would feel that track, then "I need a Doctor" would be in rotation alongside of it.  Dre would have a buzz, then I'd drop an All-West classic Dre Street single with two Dre verses going hard with verses from Cube, Short, and Snoop and call it along the lines of "We Go Hard" or along those lines and a classic G-Funk sound.  Then, for the first "Official" single, would be a Dre track with G-Funk merged with Techno.  Imagine Dre putting the G with the techno and getting David Guetta as a co-producer.  That would be hot.  It would be mergin the old school with the new school.  What do you all think?

You should try to get a ghostwriting job at Aftermath :D
slim da mobster is shitting his pants right about now

hahaha :laugh:

Okka

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2011, 03:13:25 AM »
Hahahahah, this thread is a fuckin joke.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2011, 04:16:02 PM »

Sadly enough though, love33 & Radiotube are so serious.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2011, 07:19:44 PM »
So

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2011, 11:58:35 PM »

Sadly enough though, love33 & Radiotube are so serious.
so so so disrespectful.

9000 posts :scarface:

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow

love33

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2011, 11:39:26 AM »
Sorry but I just don't subscribe to that way of thinking in regards to music. By that rationale, Dr. Dre should just do an episode of "Glee" or "American Idol".

Never said that, nor did I make that stretch.  Snoop and Game does songs with Pharrell and Justin Timberlake, Twista works with Pharrell and Chris Brown.  Nothing wrong with branching out and expanding an artist through making collaborations.  You try to compare it to Barbie, but really it's just making good music and some people are too immature to understand that music expands beyond a gangsta track.  Good party music is good party music just like good gangsta music is good music.  I like how I bring up the Snoop example and there's never anything to counter it (he's an "older" artist and collabs with these artists because he knows it's a winning formula) but when I suggest Dre do the same some of these traditionalist get all defensive (yet Snoop and Game does and it works).  Funny how some are closed minded people and in denial.