Author Topic: Blueprint to get Dr. Dre back on track  (Read 2478 times)

love33

Re: Blueprint to get Dr. Dre back on track
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2011, 11:46:35 AM »
I like your tracklist Radiotube...I kinda wanna see a double cd because we waited 12 years and it will probably be his last.

Also, the Chris Brown crossover track could only help him since Chris Brown is bigger than Dre at the moment and it would def help him with the Chris Brown/Kanye/Drake crowd.

I think he needs to reach out to Drake since Drake is the man at the moment and one of the greatest to ever touch the mic.

And the David Guetta collabo would push him over the top! Look at that Flo Rida track "Club Can't Handle Me Now" that's huge in LA and Miami!

Hey, no offense but...
I wasn't mad at the lyrics you wrote for Dre.
I wasn't mad at the fake Detox tracklist.
But this ?
 :bomb:

Outside of LA, Chris Brown is way bigger than Dre.  Now when I'm in Los Angeles, Dre is an icon on the Westcoast but outside of the West, Chris Brown is way bigger right now.  He's had more hit records than Dre's whole career in his short span and he's from Virginia so they play his music allover the East and the South and the West also plays his stuff too.  So yeah, he's definitely bigger than an artist who hasn't dropped an album in 12 years.

Next, Drake is the man right now.  His raps are on point.  Look at the rhyming he comes up with some smooth pimp shit in his raps plus he's more confident than 90% of these West Coast artists.  From a lyrical standpoint, I would def put Drake on top and "Fancy" was one of the best songs of all time.  Also, I been bumpin that "9 am In Dallas" it's a banger.  Drake is definitely from a lyrical standpoint one of the best to ever do it and his sales back that up he came out of nowhere now he's a superstar.

And the reason why that "I Need A Doctor" track works is because it's an Eminem track not a Dre track -- Dre just dropped a small verse that he didn't even write and put his name on the track.  Eminem basically is saving his career with that track.  If anyone thinks this track has anything on "Nuthing But A G Thang" or "Dre Day" singles doesn't know a whole lot about music.

Will_B

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2011, 12:08:53 PM »
This forum needs to be renamed drakecc ::)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2011, 01:59:09 PM »
i wouldnt be surprised in the least if i saw dre on glee lmao.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2011, 02:11:54 PM »
^^Nah, it's just Drake is that nigga (drakecc tho, smh lol), he's like a new LL so to say.  In real life some people (alot of bloggers) are just immature to tha fact of dude's talent.  I ain't sayin' Drake is the GOAT right now or ever but he'll definitely be doin' his thing tho.  People said Gucci Mane wouldn't last 2 years (flavor of tha month ass nigga) but here it iz going on 10 years later and Gucci's still as big as ever and regularly cranks out 1,000,000+ views on worldstar everytime he drops a new video.  

I mean honestly, in real life who can defend Dr. Dre for what he's done over the past few years (almost a decade).  He's dropped/abandoned every good artist he's had (i mean i understood the aura of an Aftermath release but no1 was saying Dr. Dre had to produce it from top to bottom, even tho that's what most people would've preferred).  He's had Busta Rhymes, Rakim, Royce & Joell, Ice Cube, Eve, Bishop Lamont, and he didn't release any of those albums (with tha exception of "The Big Bang Theory").  I mean honestly that's pretty luda.  

We all love Dr. Dre but dude is mad selfish and it shows, no NWA movie/album, no Detox, dropping everyone just to do 50 Cent's and Eminem's music only, leaving Snoop Dogg out by himself (not that he NEEDS Dre like that like that or anything but y'all know what i mean).  We're finding out years later that "The Chronic" and "Doggystyle" weren't really made by him all of tha way, same thing with alot of other Aftermath material (even tho his mixing is 2nd to None but that's it).  

You ask me, Dr. Dre has some making up to do.  Yeah I know he's super infinitely rich, has helped started 3 legendary of all time record labels, changed tha game countless amount of times now but it just seems like he has more to prove, it's like he's going out like a bitch and did all of that shit for nothin.  I'ma always be a fan and look up to Andre Young but he's let me and alot of us down over the years.  Nobody is expecting dude to be perfect even with his claim to be a "perfectionist" but i'm so tired of hearing Dre this and Dre that and he has nothing to show for it but "Relapse" and these corny Detox sessions leaks (granted none of those are his songs it still kinda burns a little).  

And this has nothing to do with "that 90's sound" or "death row sound" or anything cliche' we've heard of that nature (even tho i've been kinda disappointed with his more recenter productions, but i know he's got that on lock so i'm not counting him out).  It just has to do with tha fact that dude made himself look like a complete and total douchebag over tha past few years and it's kinda made me look at him in a different light (but i'll ALWAYS be a fan).  Like you mean to tell me after all of these years and more or less recent tragedies you couldn't have came out with an album getting ALL OF THAT BULLSHIT off of your chest?... Suge, his sons and daughter, the gay rumors, Eminem, Proof, California's rap scene, Nate Dogg, people saying that u stole their beats, the mystique of Dr. Dre, the artist that you signed and let go, and just all of that other shit we know nothing about.  I mean I wanna know about that shit, we need answers, we need to hear it from the horse's mouth, I've grown tired of these questions, I've grown up.  

*listening to that new 50 Cent track "Run Up On Me" makes it certified that since Dre don't write his own rhymes he's DEFINITELY gonna need 50 to write his verses on Detox.*
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:18:21 PM by RadioTube!™ »

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2011, 04:09:50 PM »
LMFAO at fancy being one ofthe best songs of all time. And drake being lyrically one of the best ever. What the fuck is some of this forum on

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2011, 05:05:03 PM »
fancy is a dope ass record though...

"oh you got it, let em know that everything big...hair done nails done everything did."

you gotta be in touch with your feminine side to really admit you can feel a joint like that lol.

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2011, 07:41:34 PM »
I like your tracklist Radiotube...I kinda wanna see a double cd because we waited 12 years and it will probably be his last.

Also, the Chris Brown crossover track could only help him since Chris Brown is bigger than Dre at the moment and it would def help him with the Chris Brown/Kanye/Drake crowd.

I think he needs to reach out to Drake since Drake is the man at the moment and one of the greatest to ever touch the mic.

And the David Guetta collabo would push him over the top! Look at that Flo Rida track "Club Can't Handle Me Now" that's huge in LA and Miami!

Hey, no offense but...
I wasn't mad at the lyrics you wrote for Dre.
I wasn't mad at the fake Detox tracklist.
But this ?
 :bomb:

Outside of LA, Chris Brown is way bigger than Dre.  Now when I'm in Los Angeles, Dre is an icon on the Westcoast but outside of the West, Chris Brown is way bigger right now.  He's had more hit records than Dre's whole career in his short span and he's from Virginia so they play his music allover the East and the South and the West also plays his stuff too.  So yeah, he's definitely bigger than an artist who hasn't dropped an album in 12 years.

Next, Drake is the man right now.  His raps are on point.  Look at the rhyming he comes up with some smooth pimp shit in his raps plus he's more confident than 90% of these West Coast artists.  From a lyrical standpoint, I would def put Drake on top and "Fancy" was one of the best songs of all time.  Also, I been bumpin that "9 am In Dallas" it's a banger.  Drake is definitely from a lyrical standpoint one of the best to ever do it and his sales back that up he came out of nowhere now he's a superstar.

And the reason why that "I Need A Doctor" track works is because it's an Eminem track not a Dre track -- Dre just dropped a small verse that he didn't even write and put his name on the track.  Eminem basically is saving his career with that track.  If anyone thinks this track has anything on "Nuthing But A G Thang" or "Dre Day" singles doesn't know a whole lot about music.

Saying Chris Brown has had more hits than Dre's whole career destroys any credibility you may or may not have.
If you can produce any legitimate #'s to back up this claim. Please do...

Wheel Chair Jimmy...One of the best EVER to touch a mic.  :eh:
I don't think he could be placed in the top 50.
Listen, I don't know how much hip hop you've been exposed to, but I've listened to it all...Melle Mel, Kool G Rap, Mixmaster Spade, Schooly D, NWA, Public Enemy, Redman. The list goes on and on. So by putting a Drake in any conversation about being one of the GOATS...just makes you come off looking delusional or uneducated on the subject of hip hop.

I do agree with you that the "I Need A Doctor" track comes off sounding like Eminem ft. Dr. Dre.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2011, 08:37:12 PM »
LOLOLOL. Drake isn't in the top five best mainstream artists today. Not in the best artists in general (underground). Not even CLOSE to "best ever".

Jimmy H.

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2011, 10:06:45 PM »
If anyone thinks this track has anything on "Nuthing But A G Thang" or "Dre Day" singles doesn't know a whole lot about music.
I'd say the same holds true of anyone who starts a comment with "Outside of LA, Chris Brown is way bigger than Dre."

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
If anyone thinks this track has anything on "Nuthing But A G Thang" or "Dre Day" singles doesn't know a whole lot about music.
I'd say the same holds true of anyone who starts a comment with "Outside of LA, Chris Brown is way bigger than Dre."

nah he's not but as of the moment Chris is damn near close, stop sleepin on tha kid (not everybody is a hardcore gangsta rap fan).  even tha older niggaz (when i was 16 and they were like 20 was up on Chris Brown) when "Run It" first came out.  And as we all know 20/21 year olds don't like what children like unless ur talking about females.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2011, 11:34:13 PM »
nah he's not but as of the moment Chris is damn near close, stop sleepin on tha kid (not everybody is a hardcore gangsta rap fan).  even tha older niggaz (when i was 16 and they were like 20 was up on Chris Brown) when "Run It" first came out.  And as we all know 20/21 year olds don't like what children like unless ur talking about females.
I got nothing against Chris Brown as an artist but it's an entirely pointless comparison. It's not even apples and oranges. It's apples and fucking chocolate bars.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2011, 12:24:28 AM »
nah he's not but as of the moment Chris is damn near close, stop sleepin on tha kid (not everybody is a hardcore gangsta rap fan).  even tha older niggaz (when i was 16 and they were like 20 was up on Chris Brown) when "Run It" first came out.  And as we all know 20/21 year olds don't like what children like unless ur talking about females.
I got nothing against Chris Brown as an artist but it's an entirely pointless comparison. It's not even apples and oranges. It's apples and fucking chocolate bars.

you keep talking about tha past homie, if that's all u wanna talk about then fine- you win but if you're talking about today then Chris Brown and Dr. Dre are equals almost lol, a few other people too.  Eminem is standing own his own two feet and has been for quite some time (even 50 did his thing without Dr. Dre, maybe not as big but he's still held his ground).  Look, everybody knows how I admire Dr. Dre with all of my imagined tracklist, enthusiasm, and so forth but I'm not a delusional ass nigga.  

Fact is Dr. Dre has been AWOL on tha frontline (production excluded), no interviews, no tv spots, not even a guest verse on blast (excluding "encore" and "crack a bottle", wow).  I have faith in Dre like most people on here actin like they don't but in 2011 Chris Brown is just as big as Dr. Dre (that's how far tha times have changed).  People just aren't fascinated with the old NWA Crew like they used to be (of course it's nothing but classics that'll never die ever, like Parliment or Marvin Gaye) but they just haven't generated the same interest like they used to.  Dr. Dre fell victim to his own insecurity in a way.

Will_B

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »
nah he's not but as of the moment Chris is damn near close, stop sleepin on tha kid (not everybody is a hardcore gangsta rap fan).  even tha older niggaz (when i was 16 and they were like 20 was up on Chris Brown) when "Run It" first came out.  And as we all know 20/21 year olds don't like what children like unless ur talking about females.

you keep talking about tha past homie, if that's all u wanna talk about then fine- you win but if you're talking about today then Chris Brown and Dr. Dre are equals almost lol, a few other people too.  Eminem is standing own his own two feet and has been for quite some time (even 50 did his thing without Dr. Dre, maybe not as big but he's still held his ground).  Look, everybody knows how I admire Dr. Dre with all of my imagined tracklist, enthusiasm, and so forth but I'm not a delusional ass nigga.  

Fact is Dr. Dre has been AWOL on tha frontline (production excluded), no interviews, no tv spots, not even a guest verse on blast (excluding "encore" and "crack a bottle", wow).  I have faith in Dre like most people on here actin like they don't but in 2011 Chris Brown is just as big as Dr. Dre (that's how far tha times have changed).  People just aren't fascinated with the old NWA Crew like they used to be (of course it's nothing but classics that'll never die ever, like Parliment or Marvin Gaye) but they just haven't generated the same interest like they used to.  Dr. Dre fell victim to his own insecurity in a way.

Dre is now a producer who sometimes raps. He hasn't had a dedicated solo career in over 10 years, and over his full career he's only done like 20% performing (maybe less) 80% behind the scenes. Forget exposure. Detox will drop and that'll be it for Dre. Back to developing artists and sounds..

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2011, 07:00:09 AM »

LMAO!!

Jimmy H.

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2011, 12:32:05 PM »

It's not a past or present thing at all. You can't compare a guy whose a twenty-plus-year veteran producer whose mostly been working on other people's albums for the last decade to a younger R&B artist. Their goals, resumes, and overall expected roles in the music business are entirely different. You're not gonna sell a Chris Brown album, the way you'd sell Detox.

And Chris Brown isn't BIGGER than Dre. You want to talk current? If Dre had to trade incomes with Chris Brown for the entire year, he'd throw himself out of a fucking window.