Author Topic: Blueprint to get Dr. Dre back on track  (Read 2469 times)

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Blueprint to get Dr. Dre back on track
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »
FYI, this might deserve a thread of its own and I dont know if its been posted already, but I Need A Doctor slipped HUGE this week, all the way to the mid 30s, WOW! I don't think i've ever seen a song go straight into the charts with so much buzz at #5 and drop SO much in its second week. Pretty pathetic on Universal/Interscope's half if you ask me. Really, I only know like 2 or 3 people who know this track, so way to go Universal. Once again, promo = success in 2011.

Johnny_B

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »
Dre should just scrap Detox and start producing and guest appearing on other artists albums. That is what he does best. The only person who he has great difficulty in producing for is himself.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »
FYI, this might deserve a thread of its own and I dont know if its been posted already, but I Need A Doctor slipped HUGE this week, all the way to the mid 30s, WOW! I don't think i've ever seen a song go straight into the charts with so much buzz at #5 and drop SO much in its second week. Pretty pathetic on Universal/Interscope's half if you ask me. Really, I only know like 2 or 3 people who know this track, so way to go Universal. Once again, promo = success in 2011.

lmao, this forum is in a sad state of a song's chart position requires its own thread.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2011, 06:07:21 PM »

lmao, this forum is in a sad state of a song's chart position requires its own thread.

Well lately all Dre has to do is take a shit and it gets a thread, so who knows.

And is it safe to say this is flopping too? I know it hit 5, which is great, but that was its opening week, and it dropped off huge this week. This was supposed to be THE song that brought Detox to the forefront, but its not looking good. And honestly, as much as the song lacks bigtime, you have to blame Universal/Interscope for not treating this song as something that should be as over-promoted as possible (even more than Recovery)
 . . since you know, its just the most anticipated album in hip hop's history and one of the most in music as a whole's history.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2011, 06:11:44 PM »
They performed this song at the grammies. That's pretty big promotion. You can get a song to people's ear and get it to the charts, but you can't force people to like it.

love33

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2011, 07:07:42 PM »
To the people here hating on Drake:  Dude made a grip of money and he's one of the best lyricist in the game.  How some of you don't give him credit is beyond me but I think it's because:
(1) he's not a 'gangsta' rapper
(2) he raps about doing it real bigg (materialism)
(3) he's a dual threat and does both rap and r&b
(4) a lot of you are too busy pretending you're in the hood and can't relate to his lyrical content like taking a girl out for dinner and dropping some coin
(5) he raps about miami and toronto nightlife

To say that Drake's lyrics aren't on point is just like saying the Miami Heat aren't a legit contender for the championship -- Drake is the MVP of the rap game (or Lil Wayne, but since Wayne's been around Drake is the new big dog)

Go listen to "The Resistance," "Fancy," "Uptown," "Up All Nite," "The Calm," "Do It All," "Put It Down," "Ashton Martin Music," "Miss Me," "In My Business," "Right Above It," "It's Been A Pleasure" just to name A FEW -- Drake is a hitmaker and his lyrics are dope......

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2011, 08:37:19 PM »
"I make these niggas nervous...PROM NIGHT!"

"Come & find me...NEMO!"

Yeah, we could be looking at the greatest lyricist of our time. :laugh: ::)

love33

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2011, 10:20:19 PM »

"Come & find me...NEMO!"

The prom night means people get nervous on the prom night (when some people go to the prom sometimes they get nervous if they have to pick the girl up).
The Nemo quote refers to "Finding Little Nemo."

That's lame dissing someone without even posting the bars around it.  He's a top lyricist and he's better than the slaughterhouse stuff you have in your signature, like Drake would say, "Go look at the numbers."

Here's a better Drake quote for you to ponder:  "I just came home making $2 million in 30 days"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2011, 10:27:43 PM »
^I fully understand the references. Homeboy is rapping about a animated Pixar movie about FISH.

Numbers don't mean anything. In 2011, the better numbers you do, the worse you are lol. Only an ignorant moron who knows literally NOTHING about Hip Hop would discuss record sales in relation to skill lol.

"blah, blah, blah, Slaughterhouse". Look man, post any Drake verse in his short history of rapping that you find to be "classic" & I can post 15 verses from 50 other artists each that OUTRAGEOUSLY, absurdly make Drake look like a child lol.

I'm not actually going to do that before you post up some Drake verse where he's referencing Dora The Explorer.

With all that being said, Drake's album was entertaining, I fucked with it. Not lyrical in the SLIGHTEST. I can't determine if him or Game is a better lyricist & Game is a below average lyricist; so that goes to show you how great Drake is lol.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »

"Come & find me...NEMO!"

The prom night means people get nervous on the prom night (when some people go to the prom sometimes they get nervous if they have to pick the girl up).

That's lame dissing someone without even posting the bars around it.  He's a top lyricist and he's better than the slaughterhouse stuff you have in your signature, like Drake would say, "Go look at the numbers."

Here's a better Drake quote for you to ponder:  "I just came home making $2 million in 30 days"
drake is whack as fuck all his songs are trash & thats comming from a toronto native

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2011, 10:34:12 PM »
^I fully understand the references. Homeboy is rapping about a animated Pixar movie about FISH.

Numbers don't mean anything. In 2011, the better numbers you do, the worse you are lol. Only an ignorant moron who knows literally NOTHING about Hip Hop would discuss record sales in relation to skill lol.

"blah, blah, blah, Slaughterhouse". Look man, post any Drake verse in his short history of rapping that you find to be "classic" & I can post 15 verses from 50 other artists each that OUTRAGEOUSLY, absurdly make Drake look like a child lol.

I'm not actually going to do that before you post up some Drake verse where he's referencing Dora The Explorer.

With all that being said, Drake's album was entertaining, I fucked with it. Not lyrical in the SLIGHTEST. I can't determine if him or Game is a better lyricist & Game is a below average lyricist; so that goes to show you how great Drake is lol.
what im i doin what im i doin what im i doin oh yea thats right im doin me im doin me im doin me lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2011, 10:35:54 PM »

"Come & find me...NEMO!"

drake is whack as fuck all his songs are trash & thats comming from a toronto native

"But look at the sales"; EVEN K-MACC KNOWS!

Just because people like your mother bought this album to masturbate to, doesn't relate into good Hip Hop. FACT: Almost as many women (if not more) as men bought this album. Take out women buying the album & he still wouldn't have a million sold.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2011, 10:37:33 PM »

what im i doin what im i doin what im i doin oh yea thats right im doin me im doin me im doin me lol

Two thumbs up...EBERT & ROEPER!

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2011, 10:43:23 PM »

Two thumbs up...EBERT & ROEPER!
one of the dopest hooks ive heard in a while lmfao

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2011, 11:01:10 PM »

Look...the ol' record sales = skills argument never works.  :laugh:
Vanilla Ice pushed more than 15 MILLION copies worldwide of his "To The Extreme" album.
(Which Drake will never come close to.)
Does this mean he is/was a top lyricist ?