Author Topic: (Video) Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor  (Read 6317 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: I Need A Doctor Video
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2011, 01:56:04 PM »
i think that most people who are hating @ dre at the moment are stuck in the past. they need to realize that dre is a whole different peroson now. what do u expect ? that hes gonna do a nother nuthing but a g thang song and video ?, or a next next episode one with all the g´s(dogg pound etc) in it ?? ...its 2011 and honestly people dont want thinks like that anymore....what sells is that pop shit, for example with eminem or rihanna etc.
of course there is his hardcore straight gangsta fanbase, but we are so few that it makes no sense to create an cd that we love, another chronic 2001 with dpg, X, hitman, knoc etc etc ...that will never happen again.

We aren't asking for another Chronic or 2001. What sold back then was pop shit as well, and those songs are pretty commercial compared to their time.

Dre has been known for coming with his own commercial sound and taking over the mainstream. I'm all for that and I've been expecting his music to sound pop. However he didn't even produce his own single. Instead he has a generic Alex da Kid beat, of which we already have plenty and Dre's happens to be the worst.

What the fuck?? Here we go again with  that "POP" shit again. NO 2001 was not POP and Chronic was not either. You think everything that's "Commercial" is POP. I think what the guy is obviously saying, is that the song does not even sound HIP HOP. Chronics and 2001 "POP" hits still had a HIP HOP vibe. How the fuck do you relate this song with those? Yes, Dre had the ability to make commercial music but i can name 100 tracks that were POPULAR that don't sound like this shit, regardless of the era. This is some shit JA rule would use to rap with Ashanti in the 2001 era. haha. Your waay off.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

kuruptDPG

Re: (Video) Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2011, 01:59:25 PM »
end of the day...this aint good enough...altho i like the video and dre's verse

HighEyeCue

« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2011, 02:11:48 PM »
the song sucks but the video is very good I must say it kinda makes the song a little more bearable.

the verses are tight and the beat isn't that bad but the hook ruins it for me :-\

Will_B

« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2011, 02:41:45 PM »
the song sucks but the video is very good I must say it kinda makes the song a little more bearable.

the verses are tight and the beat isn't that bad but the hook ruins it for me :-\

What's so wrong about it anyway? It's not so different from Stan.

doublee313

« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2011, 09:24:35 PM »
download in mp4
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JKOSYKF5

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VA770wpLX-Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VA770wpLX-Q</a>

Nice work bro.  I wish all videos were this good and downloadable.  I play them through my Media Center on the LCDTV and stereo.  Got Kush in HD too.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: I Need A Doctor Video
« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2011, 10:23:55 PM »
i think that most people who are hating @ dre at the moment are stuck in the past. they need to realize that dre is a whole different peroson now. what do u expect ? that hes gonna do a nother nuthing but a g thang song and video ?, or a next next episode one with all the g´s(dogg pound etc) in it ?? ...its 2011 and honestly people dont want thinks like that anymore....what sells is that pop shit, for example with eminem or rihanna etc.
of course there is his hardcore straight gangsta fanbase, but we are so few that it makes no sense to create an cd that we love, another chronic 2001 with dpg, X, hitman, knoc etc etc ...that will never happen again.

We aren't asking for another Chronic or 2001. What sold back then was pop shit as well, and those songs are pretty commercial compared to their time.

Dre has been known for coming with his own commercial sound and taking over the mainstream. I'm all for that and I've been expecting his music to sound pop. However he didn't even produce his own single. Instead he has a generic Alex da Kid beat, of which we already have plenty and Dre's happens to be the worst.

What the fuck?? Here we go again with  that "POP" shit again. NO 2001 was not POP and Chronic was not either. You think everything that's "Commercial" is POP. I think what the guy is obviously saying, is that the song does not even sound HIP HOP. Chronics and 2001 "POP" hits still had a HIP HOP vibe. How the fuck do you relate this song with those? Yes, Dre had the ability to make commercial music but i can name 100 tracks that were POPULAR that don't sound like this shit, regardless of the era. This is some shit JA rule would use to rap with Ashanti in the 2001 era. haha. Your waay off.

Fail. INAD sounds nothing like an Ashanti song.

"This is bell-bottoms-and-Afros music, its spiritual source the blaxploitation soundtrack, and what it promises above all is boom times for third-rate flautists--sociopathic easy-listening. Even if it's "just pop music," as some rationalize, it's bad pop music" -- review for The Chronic
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:29:03 PM by THE RAPTURE »

BIGWORM

« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2011, 10:54:28 PM »
I like the way he put all the old clips and paid homage to eazy-e. Video was full of subliminal commercials advertising a bunch of shit....

V2DHeart

« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2011, 01:17:01 AM »
Seems like it's an intro song or prelude for Detox... Doc wakes up, and comes back - releases Detox
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2011, 04:59:29 AM »

that hook was done better

Will_B

« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2011, 05:22:04 AM »

In what way?

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2011, 05:26:20 AM »
for those who dont like the beat check the link below in my sig

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2011, 05:34:16 AM »
I like the way he put all the old clips and paid homage to eazy-e. Video was full of subliminal commercials advertising a bunch of shit....

The subliminals worked too.  After watching the video for the fifth time I went to BestBuys website to look into purchasing an HP Tablet.  After work tomorrow I'm going Ferrari shopping

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2011, 07:19:19 AM »
Disappointed by the lack of nike promotion. Gon buy a g-shock watch instead.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2011, 07:27:00 AM »

Well that was a sample, so I wouldn't really count that as a sung hook. To me, the hook is actually the best part of this song, and the lyrics/meaning are on point. Everything else is ass.

And also, WTF at Dre on the mixing!!! This has to be one of the worst Dre-mixed beats i've EVER heard, that is unless he didn't mix it, but I doubt it.

'EclipZe

« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2011, 07:51:54 AM »
Seems like it's an intro song or prelude for Detox... Doc wakes up, and comes back - releases Detox

Yeah i'm feeling this, it's just an intro for more to come... a little heads up