Author Topic: 2Pac "All About You/I Aint Mad At Ya" Master Tape & Suge Knight jacket for sale  (Read 902 times)

KWayz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
5/10/96??? Those tracks came out on All Eyez on Me which was released in Feb 96???

DeeezNuuuts83

^ Reading posts after the first one helps.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Was that ever put out on a promo?
Yes, but it was also on the import single.

Ya it was. The clean version is better than the LP version IMO.
Lyrics wise, yes, but I like the beat and Pac's vocal delivery/energy of the LP version.

Yeah i like his delivery on the lp version better aswell

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
i aint mad at ya doesnt sound like daz at all. im saying this for YEARS... doenst sound like jhonny as well, to be honest. maybe a production collabo and daz originally came up with the idea... that might be. which could be the reason why hes credited..
Since you didn't specify, if you're talking about the LP version, that is definitely a Daz track... the bassline gives it away.  But if you're talking about the video version (presumably what is on the reel), then I could definitely see Pac and Johnny J having re-done the beat with new elements, which explains why they're so similar yet so different.

why does the bassline give it away? its a very very simple bassline that some studio musician played... and i dont feel like there are many other options to play to that track... and im a musician myself. the whole track sounds just way too musicial for a daz production. i bet his input on the final product, both versions, were rather small.

and im predicting the same for skandalouz btw. - way too musical for him... theres no way he couldve built the track by his own craft..

bouli77

it's a documented fact that all Daz productions on All Eyez On Me were co-produced by Soopafly, he said it in interviews. http://www.rnpmusic.net/bbs/thread-335-1-1.html and Soopafly is a trained musician, and at the time Death Row could afford live musicians to play the tracks. That doesn't mean Daz didn't produce the songs. If you listen to the intro of Skandalouz, pac says "Daz on the beat. hey Daz stop fucking around the piano and drop this shit like uh this here". So Daz & Soopa must have come up with the beat and the concept and had the music played by musicians like Ricky Rouse, Sean barney Thomas, Soopafly or any professional musician and mixed by DJ Quik or Dave Aaron (i don't remember what the booklet says, but i don't remember it detailing the musician line-up), that's why it sounds so clean. Those aren't the only musical Daz productions though. Tracks produced for nate's albums like My World, or Strange are hella musical too, or tracks produced for Nate in general like One More Day and "Why" sound surpisingly musical for a Daz produced song. That's why as far as westcoast rap is concerned where most of the music is played with live instruments and shit I think the musicians are more important than the actual producers. Look at Prode'je, as soon as he stopped fucking with Robert "Fonksta" Bacon  and Tomie Mundy, the quality of his music dropped. As soon as Ant Banks stopped fucking with Shorty B and these type of dudes, the quality of the music dropped.

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
yea, its definately a team effort. agreed.

i think its just that ive been listening too a lot of daz productions, and to me he seems to be very unstable with his quality of production. starting from the concept, being innovative, musically...  he is or better was highly overrated. soopafly probably shouldve been in his spot

PS: i never knew prodeje fucked with the fonksta..  have to check the tunes..

bouli77

yea, its definately a team effort. agreed.

i think its just that ive been listening too a lot of daz productions, and to me he seems to be very unstable with his quality of production. starting from the concept, being innovative, musically...  he is or better was highly overrated. soopafly probably shouldve been in his spot

PS: i never knew prodeje fucked with the fonksta..  have to check the tunes..

well check N Gatz We Truss, All Day Everyday and Kickin Game, he's all over these three albums. he co-produced the latter under the moniker Tomie & Rob (a production team made of Tomie Mundy & Fonksta). He co-produced The Hood Got Me Feelin The Pain, All Day Everyday, Gz On The Move etc. too with Tomie Mundy and Prodej'je so unless you don't know these classics I'm sure you've heard his stuff with SCC.

DeeezNuuuts83

why does the bassline give it away? its a very very simple bassline that some studio musician played... and i dont feel like there are many other options to play to that track... and im a musician myself. the whole track sounds just way too musicial for a daz production. i bet his input on the final product, both versions, were rather small.

and im predicting the same for skandalouz btw. - way too musical for him... theres no way he couldve built the track by his own craft..
I could just tell.  The basslines are different, and the one on the LP version just seems characteristic of how Daz's basslines typically sound.
it's a documented fact that all Daz productions on All Eyez On Me were co-produced by Soopafly, he said it in interviews.
I remember a Kurupt interview where he even broke down Ambitionz az a Ridah and mentioned some of the added touches that Soopafly did to it, though of course I don't know how to describe the sounds.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
djr place your bet :laugh:

I would but after buying Suge's favourite red boxershort off of eBay I'm all out of money...

~Loyalty Is Everything~