Author Topic: Phil Jackson: "Kobe has patterned himself after Michael......he is not michael"  (Read 966 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before

Oscar Charleston

Dude managed a hell of a team to almost 100 wins and batted over .350 the same year, but what the fuck is he doing on a top 5 NBA list?

OG Hack Wilson

Oscar Charleston

Dude managed a hell of a team to almost 100 wins and batted over .350 the same year, but what the fuck is he doing on a top 5 NBA list?

lmao

you know i mean Robertson

but i cant wait for baseball
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

and we all know KEvin Garnett is better than Tim Duncan
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
First, Kobe's outside shooting is overly applauded.  Its not like he shoots a GREAT percentage from three, but it is better than MJ.

Second, PJ, who has coached both for many years, clearly has a good idea who is better, and he says it here (as he has before), although in a politically correct way.

Frankly, I think Phil is trying to help Kobe; its almost unfair that he is compared to MJ when Jordan is clearly that much better.   3 more championships will not make Kobe better, and Jackson knows this.

The ONLY thing Kobe has on MJ is 3 pt shooting, and even then he isn't a GREAT 3 point shooter.  So I've always wondered why this is even debated.  Kobe fan propaganda has fuelled this i suspect.

Still, Kobe is the CLOSEST one, which is an incredible feat in itself, and should be good enough for Kobe stans/fans

this  ::)

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

OG Hack Wilson

Still, Kobe is the CLOSEST one, which is an incredible feat in itself, and should be good enough for Kobe stans/fans

Kobe is the closest thing to MJ, but not the closest thing to the greatest player of all time. People always use MJ as the measuring stick. Unfortunately, the only players who will ever get compared to him are perimeter players. The league likes to build up perimeter guys rather than bigmen. Which is why the debate over who is the best player in the world, is always limited to perimeter guys. Kobe might be the closest thing to MJ because of his style of play, but up until this last championship, it was difficult to find many experts who had him ranked in the top 10 all time.

the best players ever (at this very moment)

Bill Russell   (11 rings, 5 MVP's....and he had to do it over Wilt.  nobody touching this guy)
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Oscar Charleston
Wilt Chamberlain
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdoul Jabbar
Shaq
Hakeem
Dr. J
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Karl Malone
Jerry West
John Stockton   (I'll put him over Kobe because of all the games he had 13+ assists which equals Kobe's scoring average)
Kobe
Lebron
Barkley
Ewing
McHale

When you show so much Celtic bias, it makes your whole list look like bullshit man. For one, no one consideres Jordan #2 lol. Also, Bird and Magic are typically only one spot away from eachother.

I do it my way

how about I replace Mchale with Havlicek?  deal?  maybe Bob Cousy?  or Paul Pierce? :D

meanwhile back to KG I've been saying KG > Duncan for awhile now....part of it is the fact KG is the most intense, vocal leader in the league.  I started watching the NBA right around the time both KG and Duncan got into it and Duncan got the much better situation.  Not that duncan isn't an all time great himself.

OG Hack Wilson

oh and by the way, how the hell can you argue AGAINST Russell?  he dominated Wilt, won 11 rings and 5 MVPs.  and he obviously wasn't on some Robert Horry shit with those 11 rings  (just incase someone wanted to make that lame arguement)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
oh and by the way, how the hell can you argue AGAINST Russell?  he dominated Wilt, won 11 rings and 5 MVPs.  and he obviously wasn't on some Robert Horry shit with those 11 rings  (just incase someone wanted to make that lame arguement)

Not that I disagree with you about Russel, but the argument is the era he did it in. Had Russell started playing in the mid 80s and had to face Larry, Magic, The Pistons, the Knicks, the Suns, and The Jazz how many rings would he have lead his team to? No way is it 11. The question is whether it's more than 6.

OG Hack Wilson

so you'll downplay him facing Wilt, Jerry West or Oscar's teams?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
lol at kobe being rated  and thought of so low.

hes "considered by you guys" that hes the closest to MJ yet KG is ahead of him (KG is my Fav PF so there is no bias even though hes a celtic now)

years ago people say he wont be considered beating MJ unless he got more rings, now you guys say that doesnt even matter. lol this is fucking ridiculous, what does kobe need to get the same number or more of scoring championships?

i mean whats the line? even if he were, u guys would still be pointing at something else. its retarded, what if jordon played with the zone? what about the lack of young superstars in jordans era?

this is retarded. u guys pick at kobes stats inch for inch, while u guys blatantly name other players without doing the same.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

OG Hack Wilson

Kobe had Shaq for 3 years

then he got the NBA to let the Lakers rape memphis and won 2 more rings

if KG doesn't get hurt in 08-09 the Celtics would've been going for a threepeat last year

Tim Duncan won 4 rings as the star of his team each year

Karl Malone was just as good a scorer as Kobe in his prime if not better and also was better due to his amazing reboiunding ability

Sccit

who gives a fuck, phil says something new every day. he has also gone on record to say that kobe is a greater scorer and better with the ball than jordan. kobe is currently doing it with much less than jordan ever had. he's playin with gasol as a second fiddle, while jordan had pippen for all his title runs. give kobe a sidekick like pippen and lakers win the last 6 titles LOL. also, like infinite mentioned, kobe's shooting percentage is only lower because he has more range. so in essence, this is a plus for kobe. the more range a player has, the lower his percentage is. mj had no three-ball, so he barely shot from outside, while kobe is a great pure shooter. naturally, players who make their living in or around the paint have a higher percentage. amir johnson and deandre jordan dont have a higher shooting percentage than kevin garnett and tim duncan because they're better, they have a higher percentage because they have less range, therefore attempt shots within a limited range. same could be said for the kobe/jordan argument. and kobe doesn't have a go-to move? psssh...turnaround fadeway from the corner, how many times have we seen kobe close games with that shot? come on, now, if thats not a go-to move, i dunno what is.

another argument people never mention is the difference in competition from wing players...jordan went through so many mediocre wings. jazz, bulls? come on...his greatest rival at shooting guard was clyde drexler lol. athleticism was not the same back then as it is nowadays. today, the league is dominated by perimeter players, whereas back in the day, there were no lebron's, wade's, melo's, durant's, etc, it was clyde drexler, michael jordan, hersey hawkins, and bryon russell..feel it?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 02:28:26 AM by NIKCC »

OG Hack Wilson

Jordan > Kobe

get over it jew

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
so you'll downplay him facing Wilt, Jerry West or Oscar's teams?

I think the Celtics with out Russel beat the shit out of Lakers with out East and/or Wilt. This was a very stacked team. Not that Jordan's Bulls wasn't of course.

Let me just for the record say a few things I believe before this turns into a debate;

Russel was the most important person on any team in NBA history.

They would have won at least 9 rings with Larry instead of Russel, and 15 straight rings with Larry and Russel.

Larry would have had more rings than Magic is Kareem was never a Laker.

the NBA was more competitive in the 80s than it was in the 60s.

The 80s Bulls would have won a bunch in the 60s, but only if Russel's Celts didn't exist.

I don't think The 60s Celts could have had their way with the 80s Lakers like they did in the 60s

and only the 86 Celtics could have beaten the 60s Celtics. But Russel on the 80s Celtics couldn't beat Larry on the 60s Celtics.

and Larry did indeed walk on water once. I saw it.

Sccit

Jordan > Kobe

get over it jew

kobe's career is not done, cracker...stfu and stop fingerbanging yourself.

teecee

who gives a fuck, phil says something new every day. he has also gone on record to say that kobe is a greater scorer and better with the ball than jordan. kobe is currently doing it with much less than jordan ever had. he's playin with gasol as a second fiddle, while jordan had pippen for all his title runs. give kobe a sidekick like pippen and lakers win the last 6 titles LOL. also, like infinite mentioned, kobe's shooting percentage is only lower because he has more range. so in essence, this is a plus for kobe. the more range a player has, the lower his percentage is. mj had no three-ball, so he barely shot from outside, while kobe is a great pure shooter. naturally, players who make their living in or around the paint have a higher percentage. amir johnson and deandre jordan dont have a higher shooting percentage than kevin garnett and tim duncan because they're better, they have a higher percentage because they have less range, therefore attempt shots within a limited range. same could be said for the kobe/jordan argument. and kobe doesn't have a go-to move? psssh...turnaround fadeway from the corner, how many times have we seen kobe close games with that shot? come on, now, if thats not a go-to move, i dunno what is.

another argument people never mention is the difference in competition from wing players...jordan went through so many mediocre wings. jazz, bulls? come on...his greatest rival at shooting guard was clyde drexler lol. athleticism was not the same back than as it is nowadays. today, the league is dominated by perimeter players, whereas back in the day, there were no lebron's, wade's, melo's, durant's, etc, it was clyde drexler, michael jordan, hersey hawkins, and bryon russell..feel it?

It took you 3 days to come up with this?   :(

two things in MJ's era- handchecks.  HUGE post players who were physical.

Your shit is getting pathetic NIK. 

HOwever, also pathetic is someone in this thread rating Garnett ahead of Kobe