Author Topic: Phil Jackson: "Kobe has patterned himself after Michael......he is not michael"  (Read 968 times)

Sccit

NIK, you dug up old posts to call me out or win or whatever the fuck; if I had time I'd do the same but its all good.

My point was that because Kobe will NEVER EVER be able to compete with MJ stats wise (except for games and seasons played), the only way he has a chance in hell of being as good as MJ is with playoff success.   And yes, he has 5 rings, so good on Kobe.  Even now, with two MVP's in playoffs (to MJ's six), its not really that logical to put Kobe up with MJ.  Kobe is top 10 all time definitely, and second best shooting guard ever.

Kobe is not Michael as he has more flaws in his game (decision making/bball sense being the biggest) but he is fucking good.  

point is, you already admitted that Kobe was as talented as MJ and claimed that he just neeeded the hardware to surpass him in stature...that was back when kobe had 3 titles. now that kobe has 5 going on 6, the tune has changed. if kobe wins 7 titles, he not only surapassed the talent and ability of MJ, but will have surpassed him in hardware as well. kobe will never match mj stastically, because they were placed in two completely different scenerios. mj was handed a franchise from day 1, while kobe had to work his way to the top (of the greatest franchise in this sport)...so yea, statistics will not tell the story as far as talent and ability in this case...titles should. lets see how it ends.

OG Hack Wilson

So Kobe gets penalized for being part of the greatest 1-2 punch in history? lame argument, dicklickers.

the Big O and Kareem > Magic + Kareem > rapist and Shaq

and exactly how has Kobe surpassed what MJ did?  MJ has the better stats by a mile, MJ was 6-0 in the NBA finals AS THE LEADER OF HIS TEAM EACH YEAR and MJ also won 5 mvp's.

Kobe?  1 mvp LMAO

Kobe never had a team win 70 games either
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:59:26 AM by r.i.p. лate dogg »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

teecee

So if mj W's handed a franchise from day 1, thus making his stats less impressive, wouldn't that then make kobes first three titles less impressive as well? 

NIK, you dug up old posts to call me out or win or whatever the fuck; if I had time I'd do the same but its all good.

My point was that because Kobe will NEVER EVER be able to compete with MJ stats wise (except for games and seasons played), the only way he has a chance in hell of being as good as MJ is with playoff success.   And yes, he has 5 rings, so good on Kobe.  Even now, with two MVP's in playoffs (to MJ's six), its not really that logical to put Kobe up with MJ.  Kobe is top 10 all time definitely, and second best shooting guard ever.

Kobe is not Michael as he has more flaws in his game (decision making/bball sense being the biggest) but he is fucking good.  

point is, you already admitted that Kobe was as talented as MJ and claimed that he just neeeded the hardware to surpass him in stature...that was back when kobe had 3 titles. now that kobe has 5 going on 6, the tune has changed. if kobe wins 7 titles, he not only surapassed the talent and ability of MJ, but will have surpassed him in hardware as well. kobe will never match mj stastically, because they were placed in two completely different scenerios. mj was handed a franchise from day 1, while kobe had to work his way to the top (of the greatest franchise in this sport)...so yea, statistics will not tell the story as far as talent and ability in this case...titles should. lets see how it ends.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before

LOL..who cares. lets disclude that first title year.. when Bird got his cast, it was still Magic who came out on top with 4 titles to Larry's 3 (even with a career shortened due to aids). Magic was simply the better overall player. not to say that Bird wasn't up there, cuz he was, but my preference would most definitely be Magic over Bird.

As long as you agree that Kareem on those 79/80 Celtics means that Larry gets a ring in year 1 then I've got no problems.

of course if Larry wins that year then it would give him 4 titles as well (and who knows how many more with Kareem instead of Parrish), mentioning the aids isn't any different than Larry's 88 injury or even deteriorating legs before it happened.

For the record I could flip a coin over who I'd rather start, Larry or Magic, and not be bothered by either choice. For me it's 1 and 1a greatest of all time between those two players. And if either stay healthy for the 90s the first Bulls 3-peat doesn't happen.

Sccit

LOL..who cares. lets disclude that first title year.. when Bird got his cast, it was still Magic who came out on top with 4 titles to Larry's 3 (even with a career shortened due to aids). Magic was simply the better overall player. not to say that Bird wasn't up there, cuz he was, but my preference would most definitely be Magic over Bird.

As long as you agree that Kareem on those 79/80 Celtics means that Larry gets a ring in year 1 then I've got no problems.

of course if Larry wins that year then it would give him 4 titles as well (and who knows how many more with Kareem instead of Parrish), mentioning the aids isn't any different than Larry's 88 injury or even deteriorating legs before it happened.

For the record I could flip a coin over who I'd rather start, Larry or Magic, and not be bothered by either choice. For me it's 1 and 1a greatest of all time between those two players. And if either stay healthy for the 90s the first Bulls 3-peat doesn't happen.

no beef with that at all...i agree to a certain extent, i just think magic was the better of the two, thats all.

Sccit

So if mj W's handed a franchise from day 1, thus making his stats less impressive, wouldn't that then make kobes first three titles less impressive as well? 

being a focal point of a threepeat team before being legally able to drink is nothing but impressive.

"THE" MoSav

LOL at the guy who put KG over KOBE as the all time greatest...DUDE ARE U FUCKIN KIDDING ME

The Best of 3 Worlds