Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked  (Read 9207 times)

Avalanche

Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2011, 07:58:30 PM »
duno if anyone said it prior in the thread, but the track isnt full. you can hear the cut before the first chorus kick in.

Hittman2001

« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2011, 08:01:50 PM »
Anyone that says Under Pressure or this song is wack needs to move on with the times

I love Hip Hop, from KRS-1, to NWA, to G Funk Era, To Wu, Nas, BIG, some Jigga, Snoop, Eminem, 2001 era, Kanye, Lupe, Lil Wayne. I like the old stuff, but the new stuff is great. This is what is hitting these days in clubs, something a lil more uptempo. This would go off in clubs. This is the direction Dre needs to go into. He always is known to change a Genre, and some of the people here still want everything to sound liek G Funk, or 2001 era. Gotta realise that things change and you adapt to it or get left behind in the wind.

This song is obviously unfinished but despite the leak I hope Dre keeps workin on it and releases this, along with Under Pressure, Shit Popped Off, This is Detox

I love Topless, and Kush, but it sounds too much like 2001. It sounds only slightly evolved from that era. I need a Doctor was more an Eminem paying tribute/trying to inspire Dre.

However these songs I've listed would bang in cars and clubs and will be the thing that brings Dre back to the top of the game.

This....

I think under pressure would've done well had it been finished.  However, i do not like I need a doctor.  The main thing is that we dont have the album, we dont know whats gonna be on it.  So i'll reserve judgment until i hear the album.  Until then, i'm gonna enjoy these leaks....its the most we've had from dre in a long time

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »
This could be khalil on the beat ... kind of has his sound.. Or it could be produced by dre and khalil

Matty

« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2011, 08:57:51 PM »
there's somebody adlibbing in a high voice, same style as this dude who was on a lot of timbaland/danja tracks (jim beamz).

So Much Style

« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
damn its safe to say this aint touchin 2001
So much style back at it again

awol22222

« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2011, 09:27:43 PM »

sofdark

« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2011, 10:11:18 PM »
we all know "If we heard it already, it's not gonna be on Detox"

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly)
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2011, 11:16:36 PM »
“SO MANY GIRLS” – USHER

“I did this track at the top of 2009, maybe 2008. Either way, I did the track and was like This. Is. Crazy. I originally did the track for Dr. Dre for Detox. I know Jimmy Iovine heard it and liked it but I don’t know if Dre heard it. It was intended for him and that was that. So after going through the hoops of if he heard or not, I just ended up giving it to Usher way later. I knew at this point he needed a single and they were going to go with it as a single at one point, but they did a couple other songs.”

this track is on the exact same vibe, but better.

Never heard that track. Who did it?

and you got a cdq mp3?

danja http://www.mediafire.com/?7y6bcfagl5mkwlp
link not working for some reason...repost please?

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2011, 11:27:14 PM »
ppl....this is dance music...akon,gaga,usher,will i am would all fit on this song. actually they even do it better.

this is the gayest ive heard of dre

hellhustla

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2011, 11:29:53 PM »
Thats what detox stand for   :-\   detox from rap . and go POP

gfunkgueroLA

• 'G'
« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2011, 11:43:30 PM »
cool track... i can see that dre is about to drop a monster track in the next few weeks. Overall not bad, not my style but it bangs!

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2011, 11:48:52 PM »
blah

:loopaper:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 11:51:24 PM by _™ »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2011, 12:11:45 AM »
Khalils definitely had a hand in this track, drums even sound similiar to Kush. Track is ok, Nikki sounds dope on it, the build up in the middle is kind of sick too, more of a dance track. Would like to hear this finished, shit would go in the clubs. This must of been when Dre was fucking with the dance tracks, Slim said it was 3 years old

The Watcher

« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2011, 01:13:30 AM »
this is what detox is going to sound like. pretty much every news outlet was reporting a year ago that detox was going to have a more dance/upbeat vibe to it.. i'd say kush is gonna be the most 'gangsta' sounding track
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

TRG

Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly)
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2011, 01:33:04 AM »
I like this track. I think the beat is dope. (Khalil elements/sounds or am i up too late and im hearing things that arent there?)

I definitely agree that Dre's voice is dope too.

Seriously,you like it knowing that this might be on detox,at least might be the direction...i don't see the difference with what the BEP put nowadays...

I dont like it just for the simple fact that it MIGHT be on Detox. As far as what to expect for Detox, a couple years ago i used to expect/want Detox to be on some westcoast gangsta classic Dre vibe just updated for 00's. but not im not expecting any particular direction. Not expecting or looking out for G-Funk beats on a 2011 vibe, not expecting club/dance tracks or laidback westcoast gangsta tracks, just taking each track as it comes and judging it on what it is. I like this coz i think the drums are sick, Nikki sounds dope and Dre sounds dope. thats it.