Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked  (Read 9209 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked
« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2011, 12:22:55 PM »
sly was on kush, so i don't buy the 'nobody' argument.

If you read the whole post you would see I said it was just to sound like Nate . and he was not credited.

Im not sayin that Sly or Nikki are wack. They are just not people ''worthy'' of Detox. Just my thoughts on how its gonna be.

my THOUGHTS people  ;D

only saw the post before the edit.

i'm just saying, there will be 'nonames' on Detox

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2011, 12:34:51 PM »

If you read the whole post you would see I said it was just to sound like Nate . and he was not credited.

Im not sayin that Sly or Nikki are wack. They are just not people ''worthy'' of Detox. Just my thoughts on how its gonna be.

my THOUGHTS people  ;D

only saw the post before the edit.

i'm just saying, there will be 'nonames' on Detox

Like who? I only see Kobe on there? hmm.. maybe some other dudes I cant think of.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »
my THOUGHTS people  ;D
only saw the post before the edit.i'm just saying, there will be 'nonames' on Detox
Like who? I only see Kobe on there? hmm.. maybe some other dudes I cant think of.
Kobe, Sly, Kendrick Lamar and Nikki Grier and maybe another couple of randoms.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #258 on: March 28, 2011, 01:13:57 PM »
Im just sure they are references cause they are basically nobodies.
Not hatin or anythin but why the fuck would he not replace Nikki Grier's part with a famous bitch's voice? I am pretty sure that is gonna happen.

I dont think Slim will be all over Detox. I dont even think we will hear a verse from him. I think he just did the writin.

I know Hittman was a nobody back then too but he had skills. I really think Slim is madd average and I dont see any love for him anywhere?

Mr. Prescription does not sound finished IMO.

Remember we are talkin Detox and Jimmy Iovine/Interscope. They only care about sales so I could easily see Gaga on a finished version of Mr. Prescription and some other big name dude do the none Dre parts of the song.

Not even 100% that Mr. Prescription will be on Detox but I think that^ is gonna happen with a lot tracks?

and yes Sly is on Kush but just to fill in for Nate Dogg.

Now why does that sound so crazy to you?

Dude, you're nuts. Get your mind out of the internet. Dre used a lot of underground artists in his songs. Thats actually what made him famous. I have never heard a track where Dre just put a famous name to make it dope. Where did you take that from? Hes right in the opposite way. He would rather use some underground singer's voice that fits to the song over Rihanna or Lady Gaga. That also fails your theory that Dre cares only about the money. If that would be true, we would be gettin mainstream singles from him all the time. But it is again right the opposite way.

Also.. you and people that keep sayin that - you all have no idea why Dre put Sly on Kush with low pitched voice like that. IMO hes no where near Nate, dont even sound close, like imitating.. its just a low voice.

The only trash is Jimmy Iovine. That, i can't argue.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #259 on: March 28, 2011, 01:54:52 PM »
Not hatin or anythin but why the fuck would he not replace Nikki Grier's part with a famous bitch's voice? I am pretty sure that is gonna happen.

I dont think Slim will be all over Detox. I dont even think we will hear a verse from him. I think he just did the writin.

I know Hittman was a nobody back then too but he had skills. I really think Slim is madd average and I dont see any love for him anywhere?

Remember we are talkin Detox and Jimmy Iovine/Interscope. They only care about sales so I could easily see Gaga on a finished version of Mr. Prescription and some other big name dude do the none Dre parts of the song.

Not even 100% that Mr. Prescription will be on Detox but I think that^ is gonna happen with a lot tracks?

Dude, you're nuts. Get your mind out of the internet. Dre used a lot of underground artists in his songs. Thats actually what made him famous. I have never heard a track where Dre just put a famous name to make it dope. Where did you take that from? Hes right in the opposite way. He would rather use some underground singer's voice that fits to the song over Rihanna or Lady Gaga. That also fails your theory that Dre cares only about the money. If that would be true, we would be gettin mainstream singles from him all the time. But it is again right the opposite way.

Also.. you and people that keep sayin that - you all have no idea why Dre put Sly on Kush with low pitched voice like that. IMO hes no where near Nate, dont even sound close, like imitating.. its just a low voice.

But the game has changed.

and can you explain what INAD is then? That is Dre puttin the biggest rapper in the world on his song for sales. and Skylar Grey too. Huge name right now

The way I see it Dre is no longer that HUGE ARTIST/PRODUCER the world would buy anything from.

He needs big names to help him sell and you cant deny that. His name was enough many years ago. It is not anymore.

and I have no fuckin clue why you would deny that Sly was instructed to sound exactly like Nate Dogg on Kush?

Get ya head outta ya ass and you will see things clearly  ;D

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »
^^^ Em put dre on inad. The song was ems idea.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2011, 01:58:29 PM »
my THOUGHTS people  ;D
only saw the post before the edit.i'm just saying, there will be 'nonames' on Detox
Kobe, Sly, Kendrick Lamar and Nikki Grier and maybe another couple of randoms.

Not sure about Kendrick but I think it is possible. He has made quite the name for him self and he seems more talented then Slim.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
^^^ Em put dre on inad. The song was ems idea.

No matter how the song was made Eminem and Skylar Grey are not underground names

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »
Still hard to believe this is really a Dre track. It's almost on the same level of wackness/cornyness as a song like "My Humps"to me.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2011, 02:00:36 PM »
Slim will probably be on detox, but hes wack as fuck

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #265 on: March 28, 2011, 02:03:46 PM »

and can you explain what INAD is then? That is Dre puttin the biggest rapper in the world on his song for sales. and Skylar Grey too. Huge name right now

The way I see it Dre is no longer that HUGE ARTIST/PRODUCER the world would buy anything from.

He needs big names to help him sell and you cant deny that. His name was enough many years ago. It is not anymore.

and I have no fuckin clue why you would deny that Sly was instructed to sound exactly like Nate Dogg on Kush?

If Dre would put Drake on INAD - that would be weird. But when he put his protege, his friend and long co-worker, that's nothin unusual. And definetly it wasnt about putting a biggest star on a track.
Oh, and when did Skylar become popular?

I still dont see any big names put on any of Dre tracks on purpose to sell records..

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #266 on: March 28, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »

If Dre would put Drake on INAD - that would be weird. But when he put his protege, his friend and long co-worker, that's nothin unusual. And definetly it wasnt about putting a biggest star on a track.
Oh, and when did Skylar become popular?

I still dont see any big names put on any of Dre tracks on purpose to sell records..

I know it is not unusual. what is unusual is what the song sounds like. = made for radio play/sales and nothin else.

And Skylar Grey became popular in the past 6 months as the industry hook bitch. Have you not heard of her?

Why would he put Eminem and Skylar Grey on his 10 year late album's lead single if it was not for the sales ?

I think it is SO obvious.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #267 on: March 28, 2011, 07:58:15 PM »

Slim is Dre's new artist that he's pushing. How would he not be on Detox?

Sly is already on a Detox single.

Nikki Grier has already made songs with Dre and other Aftermath artists. She's been reported as working on Detox.

There's no reason these people wouldn't be on Detox. The Chronic wasn't an all-star cast, it was all newcomers. Em and Snoop were the only big names on 2001.

dameons

« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »
It's time to realize this album is NOT COMING OUT . He would have put a release date out off of this successful single .We wont see it cuz Dre is too insecure . No single will ever do well enough .

Funkstradamus

« Reply #269 on: March 28, 2011, 08:24:15 PM »
Aftee hearing all these weak ass tracks...they make all the reference tracks sound like clasxics...Dre is done...he meeds to hang up the mpc and the mic...