Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked  (Read 9316 times)

Sccit

Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked
« Reply #270 on: March 28, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »
Dude rbx sucks! Get over his verses on the 92 chronic

Lol @ people hating this song when someof you referred to snoop's "da game is to be sold not told" as a classic and saying r&g was creative / refreshing

My prescription > your lives

are u made that people don't like pop/electronic/rap??

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #271 on: March 29, 2011, 10:17:55 AM »

If Dre would put Drake on INAD - that would be weird. But when he put his protege, his friend and long co-worker, that's nothin unusual. And definetly it wasnt about putting a biggest star on a track.
Oh, and when did Skylar become popular?

I still dont see any big names put on any of Dre tracks on purpose to sell records..

I know it is not unusual. what is unusual is what the song sounds like. = made for radio play/sales and nothin else.

And Skylar Grey became popular in the past 6 months as the industry hook bitch. Have you not heard of her?

Why would he put Eminem and Skylar Grey on his 10 year late album's lead single if it was not for the sales ?

I think it is SO obvious.
It is made for a radio, i agree. But if you take the hate out of your head, its not only a radio song. Experience it yourself..

I havent heard of her before. And if Dre would be going for famous names, as you claim - he would take much bigger name.

When things get SO obvious, they are or else genius as fuck or not true. As far as i can see it, your theory has a lot of weak parts, so i doubt it would be genius.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #272 on: March 29, 2011, 11:07:50 AM »

If Dre would put Drake on INAD - that would be weird. But when he put his protege, his friend and long co-worker, that's nothin unusual. And definetly it wasnt about putting a biggest star on a track.

I still dont see any big names put on any of Dre tracks on purpose to sell records..

I know it is not unusual. what is unusual is what the song sounds like. = made for radio play/sales and nothin else.

And Skylar Grey became popular in the past 6 months as the industry hook bitch. Have you not heard of her?

Why would he put Eminem and Skylar Grey on his 10 year late album's lead single if it was not for the sales ?

It is made for a radio, i agree. But if you take the hate out of your head, its not only a radio song. Experience it yourself..

I havent heard of her before. And if Dre would be going for famous names, as you claim - he would take much bigger name.

When things get SO obvious, they are or else genius as fuck or not true. As far as i can see it, your theory has a lot of weak parts, so i doubt it would be genius.

There is no hate. I just dont like that song and the reason it was made and the features on it are obviously for sales.

well she was featured on Diddy's single Im Coming Home, and she wrote the hooks for Caste Walls and I Love The Way You Lie. and she just recently was featured on Lupe's new single Words I Never Said. She is new, yes but already a name.

Well I think you can ask 100 people if Sly sounds like Nate on Kush and my guess is 99 would say yes. and then there is you. lol  ;D

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #273 on: March 29, 2011, 01:09:54 PM »

There is no hate. I just dont like that song and the reason it was made and the features on it are obviously for sales.

well she was featured on Diddy's single Im Coming Home, and she wrote the hooks for Caste Walls and I Love The Way You Lie. and she just recently was featured on Lupe's new single Words I Never Said. She is new, yes but already a name.

Well I think you can ask 100 people if Sly sounds like Nate on Kush and my guess is 99 would say yes. and then there is you. lol  ;D
" it was made and the features on it are obviously for sales. " - thats the part I dont agree on

About Skylar - you're scretchin the reality to your theory homie. One feature on a Diddy's single, some writing (which people mostly dont even know about), and one not a big appereance isnt enough for a name, that would give you sales automaticaly, dont you think?

People believed, that Earth was flat, and they were callin Copernicus a nut.. Trust me, that it is just the low pitched voice, that reminds you of Nate, becouse he was usin it pretty often. .. After Nate used to sing like that, nobody now is allowed to do that, becouse they will be called imitators? Thats bullshit. If you want to hear a imitator, go listen to 'Underdog' - thats clearly, somebody tryin to sound like Nate, but not on Kush. Its just a low-pitched voice.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #274 on: March 29, 2011, 02:52:41 PM »
I agree with Pere. Fuck the hate/bashing whatever, people can't stop talking about Detox ..

WAIT UNTIL THE FUCKING ALBUM COMES OUT!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

lort laughin

« Reply #275 on: March 29, 2011, 02:54:42 PM »
i like dis track.. dope for the doc 2 do somethin fresh  8)

dameons

« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2011, 06:00:34 PM »
This album is never coming out ..Opportunity has passed . Mark my words

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #277 on: March 30, 2011, 02:22:41 AM »
People believed, that Earth was flat, and they were callin Copernicus a nut.. Trust me, that it is just the low pitched voice, that reminds you of Nate, becouse he was usin it pretty often. .. After Nate used to sing like that, nobody now is allowed to do that, becouse they will be called imitators? Thats bullshit. If you want to hear a imitator, go listen to 'Underdog' - thats clearly, somebody tryin to sound like Nate, but not on Kush. Its just a low-pitched voice.
that's sly too

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #278 on: March 30, 2011, 04:27:35 AM »

Well I think you can ask 100 people if Sly sounds like Nate on Kush and my guess is 99 would say yes. and then there is you. lol  ;D
" it was made and the features on it are obviously for sales. " - thats the part I dont agree on

About Skylar - you're scretchin the reality to your theory homie. One feature on a Diddy's single, some writing (which people mostly dont even know about), and one not a big appereance isnt enough for a name, that would give you sales automaticaly, dont you think?

Make a poll dude. everybody thinks it sounds like him. and that he was instructed to sounds like him  :)

and LMAO @ the dude you mention as an imitator bein the same cat Im talkin about. fail  ;D

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2011, 06:53:11 AM »

Well I think you can ask 100 people if Sly sounds like Nate on Kush and my guess is 99 would say yes. and then there is you. lol  ;D

Make a poll dude. everybody thinks it sounds like him. and that he was instructed to sounds like him  :)

and LMAO @ the dude you mention as an imitator bein the same cat Im talkin about. fail  ;D
"Make a poll dude. everybody thinks it sounds like him. and that he was instructed to sounds like him  :)"
Read what i said.

If that really is Sly.. what does that fact change? We weren't talkin about 'Underdog' here, and i agreed that on that track there somebody imitating Nate or with similar voice to him.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #280 on: March 30, 2011, 07:07:45 AM »
Dre, Dre... what a mess this is. The beat itself is not that bad, but the arrangements of both vocals and production is all over the place.

Detox (if it excists), needs a fresh but simple vision, ie. what Dr.Dre has always been known for. Detox doesn't seem to have any concrete vision behind it what so ever.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #281 on: March 30, 2011, 07:35:33 AM »
Dre, Dre... what a mess this is. The beat itself is not that bad, but the arrangements of both vocals and production is all over the place.

Detox (if it excists), needs a fresh but simple vision, ie. what Dr.Dre has always been known for. Detox doesn't seem to have any concrete vision behind it what so ever.
Probably first post from you, that i can agree on.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2011, 03:03:00 AM »
the 'leaking' suddenly stopped, what happened?

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2011, 03:53:18 AM »
Dre can not make a comeback ... when i heard Kush, i was like this is not that bad.

But then i saw the music video where Dre is rocking that skin tight zip across leather jacket. From then i knew it cant work. It seemed forced. Dre is old as hell, but the problem is that he look even older then he is. Cube can still pull it off, but honestly it must be a bit creepy for this kids to see someone who looks like their grand dad talking bout smoking weed and rocking leather.

Then I Need A Doctor, where Eminem and Dre share their Bromance with the world...wassup with that. "Dre you were there when I needed You"...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just release Detox as a compilation, with the original writers on the tracks...i think TI murdered Shit Popped Off...so keep Detox but it shouldnt be a Dre album, but an Aftermath Compilation

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2011, 11:29:22 AM »
it's a good song, and it'll be even better when it's mixed and mastered