Author Topic: I thought I'd never buy another Snoop Dogg album  (Read 1028 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: I thought I'd never buy another Snoop Dogg album
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2011, 10:33:30 PM »
lost sessions > anything besides Doggstyle

no

doggystyle
eat a dick
the genie
keep it real dogg
fallin asleep on death row
head doctor og
O.G.

buncha classics on the lost sessions

What's so special about Eat a Dick?  One recycled verse, repetitive unfinished beat and a wack hook. Not good.
Keep It Real Dogg - nice, but we've already heard this beat before
Head Doctor OG - This song isn't on mine

The other songs you mentioned were dope. But you neglected to mention the rest of the songs, most of which are filler. So no. Great look back on Snoop's earlier days if you look at it as a compilation, but not a great album. This doesn't compare to Snoop's better albums.

Eat a Dick is a Doggystyle leftover man, that shit came BEFORE doggy dogg world and serial killa

And its pretty obvious why it wasn't used. They realized it was weak and fixed the beat to make Serial Killa.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2011, 10:35:56 PM »
whatever you say man

I'd rather listen to that song than anything on Malice
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2011, 10:42:54 PM »
Hacks opinion isn't relevant. He loves demos and poor quality recordings. He loves an emcee and as soon as they obtain commercial success he says they fell off. If crooked I went platinum he would start saying he fell off and that some random freestyle recorded on a cassette deck was better then the new stuff. Hack is predictable in all aspects

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2011, 10:49:09 PM »
Hacks opinion isn't relevant. He loves demos and poor quality recordings. He loves an emcee and as soon as they obtain commercial success he says they fell off. If crooked I went platinum he would start saying he fell off and that some random freestyle recorded on a cassette deck was better then the new stuff. Hack is predictable in all aspects
::)   not even gonna waste my time.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jimmy H.

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2011, 11:36:29 PM »
I dug Ego Trippin'. It was something different.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2011, 11:42:13 PM »
I dug Ego Trippin'. It was something different.
Yeah, it was a frisbee

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2011, 01:50:35 AM »

snoop albums

doggystyle

doggfather

no limit top dogg

tha last meal

tha blue carpet treatment

paid da cost to be da boss

rythem n gangsta

da game is to be sold not told

ego trippin

malice n wonderland

Will_B

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2011, 02:08:27 AM »
I honestly like every Snoop album for the most part- didn't even hate Malice like others, although it's his second weakest (I like More Malice better, mainly because of Protocol.  Da Game is my least favorite, although I do really like a few songs on that one- Don't Let Go comes to mind, and the one with Charlie Wilson.  I agree with what was said about R&G above- I love that one, but I can understand the hate as well.  As far as this one, I like it so far but not sure where to place it.     

Good comments.

Something I've learnt from this thread, R&G and Da Game are both 'loved or hated' albums, seems like everyones take on them was different.

All his other albums seem to get roughly the same amount of love. Good to see more people propping Tha Godfather overall. A while back people were still trashing it...mainly because of the DJ Pooh tracks. Now everyone loves DJ Pooh...goes to show stuff goes in and out of fashion with people and times change. :laugh:

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2011, 04:50:47 AM »
ppl were just so pissed doggfather wasnt doggystyle 2...as time goes on and he put out shitty albums like malice doggfather started to look more and more appealing.

doggfather was cool but without dre to coach his vocals snoop always sounded kind of weak on the beats imo

same with his no limit debut it seemed like they didnt know how to get the best vocals at the time...like his delivery was real timid.

gfunkgueroLA

• 'G'
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2011, 05:44:09 AM »
First of all, I know Snoop hasn't  dropped anything super hard the last couple of albums.  I think that every album he has dropped is solid, at least better than all the garbage that drops. It's a matter of taste when it comes to Snoop, i've heard people say that Top Dogg is whack. :-X Then u got people putting R&G very high in the rankings... Doggystyle is a no brainer to everybody and Doggfather is no joke at all.(His most gangsta album) Doggumentary is a very solid album because it has diverse production, even tho I don't like Wet, Gangbang Rookie, and the track with Willie Nelson. The Way Life Used To Be is my shit and Peer Pressure is crazy banging. I have every Snoop album he's ever dropped and i will continue to buy his music because Snoop is the KING of the West Coast. If you download Snoop's shit then u ain't a true fan, u lames must like low quality audio and trashy mastering. Snoop is and will always be the backbone of the left coast. Fuck downloading albums!!!!! Doggumentary gets a 8/10 but like I said it's a matter of taste.

Elkoizm

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2011, 08:15:03 AM »
Ay this album is not bad. I actually liked more than 2 songs that weren't singles.
If it wasn't for those Bootsy tracks I'd probably treat it like Ego Trippin.

Portugoal

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2011, 10:31:06 AM »
ppl were just so pissed doggfather wasnt doggystyle 2...as time goes on and he put out shitty albums like malice doggfather started to look more and more appealing.

People used to hate on The Hard Way too when it came out because it (1) didn't have any production from Warren G and (2) it should've come out 10 years earlier. Now you don't often see people hate on the album anymore.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2011, 01:00:09 PM »

snoop albums

doggystyle

doggfather

no limit top dogg

tha last meal

tha blue carpet treatment

paid da cost to be da boss

rythem n gangsta

da game is to be sold not told