Poll

Are you from the US or another country?q

United States
43 (30.7%)
Another Country
97 (69.3%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Author Topic: Poll: West Coast Music fans... where are you from?  (Read 2048 times)

Not_anunikke

• Lil Geezy
Re: Poll: West Coast Music fans... where are you from?
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2011, 01:28:02 PM »
the thing is the euro crackers as you like to call us are usually more knowledgeable about and more interested in "underground" hip hop than the US people ... it is very likely that lots of hip hop fans in the States between 20-25 have no idea who the Twinz, Lil Half Dead, Kam , DJ Quik are ... they're too busy at listening to Weezy , Gucci and all that mainstream garbage ...

None of that is true.

In Europe the dudes who get recognized are the biggest mainstream artists from the US. Lil Wayne, Eminem, 50 Cent (not so much anymore), Snoop Dogg etc.

Only very few know who OFWGKTA, Hopsin, Nipsey etc. etc. are.

Unfortunately people just eat anything that gets played on the radio.

oh yeah and hip-hop does not get played on the radio here.

only Still D.R.E. and Black & Yellow. lol
Denmark doesn't represent europe in it's entirety.

Americans not realizing europe consists of multiple countries I can understand, europeans not realizing europe consists of multiple countries is unforgivable.

oh yes Im aware of that but the way I see and from what Ive heard its the case in many european countries.

Im sure people in romania are still screamin G-Unit.  lol

I know hip-hop has a scene in France, UK and Germany. but is that all of Europe? nope.
generalising europe is just retarded.

Will_B

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2011, 01:30:53 PM »

Right.

Dudes that complain about what a forum is not just need to put that energy in to the subjects they wanna rep.
Don't like posts from people you don't like? Just start your own forum.. 8) 8)

It's always the same negative comments from the same people...and I don't see any of them starting topics on the stuff they say others aren't 'getting'. :pimp:

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
I think that whats happening in this thread is also happening with westcoast rappers these days. Just because you are from the area the genre originated from, doesnt make you a musical genious automatically. 5% of all westcoast rappers really become great artists. The rest is wack. I'm glad my country has a good hiphop scene and it continues to grow in quality, not quantity.

Im from The Netherlands by the way,  from a place called Maastricht. I live 5 minutes from the Belgian border.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2011, 02:00:51 PM »
"did you know that belgium is part of the WORLD WIDE WEST SIDE ??"

Quote from Ice cube doing a concert in belgium 2 years ago.

The D.O.C and

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
Denmark, but born in the old Yugoslavia..
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Stan

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2011, 03:18:48 PM »
??? ???  I thought Europe was a country beside China?

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2011, 03:32:53 PM »
A few Aussies here.

From New Zealand.

Okka

MR X To Tha Z

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im high out my mind and i know im the shit
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2011, 04:11:23 PM »
Dorset, England

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2011, 04:52:48 PM »
the thing is the euro crackers as you like to call us are usually more knowledgeable about and more interested in "underground" hip hop than the US people ... it is very likely that lots of hip hop fans in the States between 20-25 have no idea who the Twinz, Lil Half Dead, Kam , DJ Quik are ... they're too busy at listening to Weezy , Gucci and all that mainstream garbage ...

Its your fault for being obsessed with our oldass outdated music

you aren't interested in underground west coast music. You're interested in our mainstream gangsta music from 15-20 years ago. This forum has the narrowest opinion of west coast music I've ever seen. Simply put, if it ain't Death Row related you euros aren't interested.

Maybe because 99% of these New West fucks are WACK compared to the 90's era. Who gives a fuck if it was recorded 15 or 5 years ago? Good music is good music. Judging by your signature your a big fan of Spice 1. Is he's music from the 90's outdated to you? Or it's a classic shit?

New West? That's you euros's problem. You think 5 rappers with connections to former Death Row affiliates who will never drop an album is what's coming out of Cali.

You're only into gangsta rap plain and simple. Preferably shit from the 90s. I never see anyone here discussing the alternative rap scene. Not today's scene, hell, not even the scene from the 90s which got a fair amount of mainstream attention. Kendrick Lamar got 10x the attention once you heard he was working with Dr. Dre. No one would have given a shit about Bishop if he hadn't been signed to Aftermath. You wouldn't care about Crooked I if he hadn't been on Death Row, no matter how many sick freestyles he dropped. And that's the truth, plain and simple.

You don't even listen to the new music so how can you tell me what's wack or not? All you euros listen to are rappers past their prime, or new artists trying to replicate an overplayed and outdated style. Of course the shit sounds wack by comparison.

Stan

« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2011, 05:02:20 PM »
New West? That's you euros's problem. You think 5 rappers with connections to former Death Row affiliates who will never drop an album is what's coming out of Cali.

You're only into gangsta rap plain and simple. Preferably shit from the 90s. I never see anyone here discussing the alternative rap scene. Not today's scene, hell, not even the scene from the 90s which got a fair amount of mainstream attention. Kendrick Lamar got 10x the attention once you heard he was working with Dr. Dre. No one would have given a shit about Bishop if he hadn't been signed to Aftermath. You wouldn't care about Crooked I if he hadn't been on Death Row, no matter how many sick freestyles he dropped. And that's the truth, plain and simple.

You don't even listen to the new music so how can you tell me what's wack or not? All you euros listen to are rappers past their prime, or new artists trying to replicate an overplayed and outdated style. Of course the shit sounds wack by comparison.

ohhhh shit  :rubeyes:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2011, 05:02:49 PM »
its a unity thing, anyone spouting this "you aint from the west you dont know shit" thing needs to realise that IN FACT, fans outside the west, outside the US even have a BETTER perspective on what will fit in and sell in a global market.

The problem with your logic is that this "global market" as far as hip hop is concerned is based entirely on what's currently hot in the U.S.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:04:48 PM by SPICE TWO »

procrastiNate

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2011, 05:09:58 PM »
I'm from Asheville, North Carolina USA. I had a feeling there were more people from other countries that posted here compared to people from the US.

OG MNL

« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2011, 06:09:52 PM »
im from france (lille)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2011, 06:44:31 PM »
City Of ANGELS, LA TO BG, MEX/AME
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"