Author Topic: Post here if you BOUGHT Doggumentary  (Read 1135 times)

Not_anunikke

• Lil Geezy
Re: Post here if you BOUGHT Doggumentary
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 02:20:54 PM »
apparently some of you can't read, you talking about me hating yet you fools have done nothing but hate in this thread
you can't hate on a hater.
two negatives even each other out.

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 03:07:47 PM »
Broke ass bums wont pay for music... ::)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 03:10:18 PM »
Support the west, plus this album is more westcoast then detox can dream of being

just because its west coast doesn't mean its good

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 03:29:17 PM »
lol   :D
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

lort laughin

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 03:39:59 PM »

Pathetic ass groupie who buys a cd just cause its dpg affiliated...i bet when they go london u throw ur panties on stage huh wigger
Goddamn WillBg is always gettin hated on!  Also just cuz its from west dont mean its good!  U should buy indy albumz not mega label snoopy ones if u wanna support tha west numskull :eh:

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 03:45:49 PM »

Pathetic ass groupie who buys a cd just cause its dpg affiliated...i bet when they go london u throw ur panties on stage huh wigger

my god, what's with the crazy attitude in here? just chill ...

I, for one, bought it cause it's a good record period. No weak sauce like the last few Snoop albums, but a really cool Snoop record with some not-so-good songs and some dope ones.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 05:48:17 PM »
Add another one to the SoundScan.  Bought physical copy this AM.   8)

Right off the bat, that Battlecat track bangs.

B.A.

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »
Not enough good songs on it for me. What the hell happened? That shit is all sing sing shit.

And what the fuck, this motha fucka doing raggae & country. I will never pay for country.

See, this is why people are saying that they are not going to buy Snoop's album. It has nothing to do with supporting the west coast, it has to do with supporting someone that hasn't really been puttin it down for the west in a minute. I'm probably gonna get ripped apart for saying that but like DJ ACE CAPONE said, he's doing a bunch of shit that doesn't help the west imo. I mean he's in the position where he can basically do whatever he wants to do and he chooses to do some whack shit sometimes. On his last couple of albums, production wise, it seems like he's trying to push the south's movement more than the west and then he does all kinds of soft/poppy r&b type shit too. I'm not trying to say that he needs to sample "More Bounce" or "Knee Deep" to make good music but he should have his own style and not just goes with the flow and do whatever is "hot" at the moment. With that being said I am going to buy Snoop's album but only to complete my Snoop collection, I have a big collection of music so for $7.99 it's all good; but from "Paid the Cost..." on I only buy his albums for that purpose, I listen to them once and put them away.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 06:16:09 PM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 06:24:08 PM »
Do some of yall really thinks that Snoop Dogg will make gangsta music all his life  , and again who gives a fuck about a coast its 2011 not 1996.. the only thing i hate about this record is the lyrics. and subject other than that good album to vibe to

JeremyM

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 06:50:09 PM »
Bought it today as well as Pharoahe Monch's incredible album.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 07:06:48 PM »
Not enough good songs on it for me. What the hell happened? That shit is all sing sing shit.

And what the fuck, this motha fucka doing raggae & country. I will never pay for country.

that's a close minded statement. no offense, to each his own - but in my view this is a real good record musically and even lyrically Snoop has stepped it up a bit. And the cuts with the Gorillaz and Willie Nelson are fire imo. And the little ragga imitation at the beginning of "Sumthin Like This Night" is hilarious, I love that shit. But that song has not much to do with reggae besides of that. it's just good music.

And to your "sing-sing" complaint - this exactly what Snoop should have on his albums. His rap parts mixed with a good amount of singing, just like a mixture between that 70's and 80's shit and rap music. I can't stand these rap albums anymore with sung hooks and shit except they are real hard hitting (like E-40's record for example) or some really good lyricists (like the Slaughterhoue record for instance). I think this is the best route to go for Snoopy. I really enjoy the singing on the album, that's some feel good music right there!

When you're a hardcore rap fan and you don't listen to anything else (which is okay if that's your taste, but I call it close minded) then this album is not strictly meant for you. Then you should listen to WC's record, or E-40's or what not. I think I said something similar when we had a discussion going about "My Medicine".

Oh, speaking of "My Medicine" and "Superman", I wouldn't call either of these tracks country music. To me, country music is stupid redneck shit, these clearly aren't, that's more of grown man stuff, I'd sort it in the folk direction.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

lort laughin

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 10:17:50 PM »
that's a close minded statement.

Yup dats close-minded as fucc!  Same thing as people sayin they wont buy a rock track if snoopy was on there... matter o fact people would call u racist if u pulled dat card

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 10:27:18 PM »
Support the west, plus this album is more westcoast then detox can dream of being
yeah support the west by not buying this

:P
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Will_B

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011, 01:02:44 AM »
but a really cool Snoop record with some not-so-good songs and some dope ones.

Yeah I didn't bump the leak because I wanna get the album in full on my system! Liked most of what Snoop put out to promo the album though. 8)

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2011, 09:27:10 AM »
 I'll buy it on the weekend.