Author Topic: Dope Albums that got shelved and leaked  (Read 1790 times)

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
Dope Albums that got shelved and leaked
« on: April 04, 2011, 02:50:50 PM »
There has been a ton of them  and i want to know more about them. i know of a few but there has to be a hundred more. i'm talkin about full cd's that were completed/ near completed that for one reason or another never came out. and i want reasons and explinations as to why they never came out and if there was any bootleg, promo or digital release as well as any other meaningful info ....
for starters

King tee- thy kingdom come. We all know dre shelved this, but how come it came out years later with a turkey on the cover??

Battlecat- Gumbo Roots.  I was only recently turned on to this album, and i gotta say i was missing out, there seemed to be a single ft. rass kass that officially came out and a promo copy, but why was this shelved? any other info on it??

Above the Law- Sex money and music.  Was this supposed to come out on death row? how come it didnt? i know it only got a digital release years later, right?

The Eastsidaz- Gang bang music. Was this really official? i dont know much about this but some claim that it was supposed to be the third release by the group. anyone know for sure??

Kokane- Dr jekyl & Mr. Kane.  Shelved doggystyle release. sounds dope enough to me, i would have bought it. which version is the best for download, someone said there are three versions? can somebody beak down the differences in the versions for me??
also whats the deal with the other one mentioned in that kokane thread called "Some say" anyone got a link and info on that one?

and we all know that Nate dogg self titled album has gotten a lot of attention, whats up with that one? anyone know for sure why it was shelved?

Fixxers midnight life- i have heard rumors that a hardcopy exists, any truth to this ??? is it a bootleg or promo? supposedly quiks myspace got hacked and sombody was selling the music, but was it hardcopies???

i know there is more please add on i would like to know more about these and other shelved releases and i know others would too. please share whatever info and links u got , thanks.
 8) 8) 8)

Matty

Re: Dope Albums that got shelved and leaked
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:59:18 PM »
the fixxers thing came out properly on itunes about a year ago...mastered etc.

Sporty Thievz - Show Me Some La http://www.musicstack.com/item/228749596

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 03:01:04 PM »
"Gang Bang Muzic" promo was a compilation of recording sessions for Eatsida 3rd album "Statues & Limitations",
Goldie's ppl leaked it. the original tracklist was recently compiled, n can be found on this forum (1 song is still missin tho)

Elektra shelved the Nate-album, but sold it digitally

"some say" is a leaked cd-r wit various loose Pomona City Ridaz & Kokane-songs
dl-link on this forum

Will_B

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 03:06:52 PM »
Dope topic.

I'm especially interested in the genuine grouprips of actual Advances and Promo's that got leaked.
A lot of stuff online is fan made..

The Hittman album is a good one. 2 rips I think, from 2002 and 2003..

HighEyeCue

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:12:17 PM »
I'm stil waiting for Dre/Cube Helter Skelter :laugh:

Natural Born Killaz and Cant C Me were 2 tracks intended for the album but Suge thought otherwise

at least I have the DOC version to bump 8)

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 03:17:43 PM »
oh yeah hittman murda weapon, is there any difference between the two grouprips???

and i wanna hear more tracks from heltar skelter as well, i heard that game over on scarface' untouchable album was gonna be on that record too.

does anyone know why Above the laws Untouchable cd that had the what cha can prove remix and instro's on it was only released as a promo cd? whats up with that??

JohnnyL

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 08:23:08 PM »
How about "The Earthquake" by EA-Ski?  That's a dope album that leaked, but was never officially released.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 10:12:49 PM »
There's also a hard copy version of Hittman's "Murda Weapon" out there.

Will_B

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 02:28:09 AM »
How about "The Earthquake" by EA-Ski?  That's a dope album that leaked, but was never officially released.

Yeah an LP sampler got ripped then people added tracks that had also come out to it..

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 03:21:26 AM »
There's also a hard copy version of Hittman's "Murda Weapon" out there.

the ACTUAL Murder Weapon or are you referring to "Hittmanic Verses" which consisted of 3/4 of MW tracks.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 04:35:31 AM »
Don't forget HRSMN's man Ras Kass! Screwed up not once but twice! "Van Gogh" & "Goldyn Chyld"...

& ALL them Doggy Style artits who were having their albums coming (unfortunately), this includes Warzone, E-White & RBX, Latoya Williams, Soopafly, We'll see what happens with Tha Hustle Boyz next...

Aftermath isn't the only label signing artists & doing (almost) nothing with them!

Maybe only one half leaked with Doggy Style though, the rest is still un-heard yet.

& DPG Records has a few too, they advertised a lot of shit (since as early as "RAW" & "Dillinger & Young Gotti") that never materialized, not the least of em being Tha Twinz!

& Let's not forget Kurupt's Anterazh/ Kustapo/ Rose of Sharon, they did nothing since "Tha Originals", YA due almost as long as "Detox" (no joke), YA solo albums or collabos with Kurupt...

Insert adverts for:
Kurupt & Draws Present...
Kurupt & Young Roscoe Present...
Kurupt & CJ Genavese Present...
Kurupt & Gail Gotti Present...
Kurupt & Big Tri Present...
Kurupt & KetaRoc Present...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 05:24:12 AM by Cordozzar Drakko Corleone »

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 06:36:49 AM »
Don't forget HRSMN's man Ras Kass! Screwed up not once but twice! "Van Gogh" & "Goldyn Chyld"...

and the HRSMN album itself ... and while we're talking about Ras Kass:

Golden State Project (Ras Kass, Xzibit, Saafir) "The Coast Is Clear"

thanks Priority Records for fucking EVERYBODY over ...

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 06:43:37 AM »
Fortunately it's coming this Summer! Live @ "Cage vs Cons" too!

doggfather

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 06:47:42 AM »
Kurupt & Tash album
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 07:44:25 AM »
Dope Albums that got shelved and leaked

This is the title of the topic, people are talkin' about albums that haven't never been even heard.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:49:47 AM by Okka »