Author Topic: "YGD" - Top Dogg's Debut Finally Here! "The Renegade" Now Available!  (Read 17485 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
I can see the arguments from both sides, especially when this all went on in 1998/1999 when Snoop released what was unexpectedly a solid album (almost) and an improvement from his previous, and was still major. Top Dogg, an unknown - was given convenient slots to go on (All About U, remixes to 2Pac songs) to replace Snoop. It's like anything, if a team looses a good player at a certain position, they'll try their best to fill it with someone of a similar nature. Not always applicable in the music industry though

Although, this wasn't YGD's control or handling, but Death Row's marketing team, and A&R's.
Even without his knowledge, or with a challenging stance, this would have went through the way it did, but his image in the studios, his lifestyle, his dress sense, were/are way different than Snoops. His voice is the only thing similar, at at times the flow... I've not seen YDG in big feathery outfits, sparkly glasses, or auto-tuned pop style performances on the mic yet

Personally though, me, I'm a music man, and I like the musical quality of songs, which is why I probably only listen to a select few in Hip Hop regularly (top dogg isn't one) but I'd buy a Top Dogg album over a Snoop Dogg album anyday. Why? Because with a Top Dogg album, I know I'm going to get some nice selection of beats on there, whereas a current Snoop album..... Well that pretty much speaks for itself... 9 skippers of weak beats and lazy flowed auto-tuned pop trash, with 1-2 with replay value
and here we have the french guy who spent like 10grand for a custom death row  chain,  its like a euro family reunion in here

no shit?

MUHFUKKA

I can see the arguments from both sides, especially when this all went on in 1998/1999 when Snoop released what was unexpectedly a solid album (almost) and an improvement from his previous, and was still major. Top Dogg, an unknown - was given convenient slots to go on (All About U, remixes to 2Pac songs) to replace Snoop. It's like anything, if a team looses a good player at a certain position, they'll try their best to fill it with someone of a similar nature. Not always applicable in the music industry though

Although, this wasn't YGD's control or handling, but Death Row's marketing team, and A&R's.
Even without his knowledge, or with a challenging stance, this would have went through the way it did, but his image in the studios, his lifestyle, his dress sense, were/are way different than Snoops. His voice is the only thing similar, at at times the flow... I've not seen YDG in big feathery outfits, sparkly glasses, or auto-tuned pop style performances on the mic yet

Personally though, me, I'm a music man, and I like the musical quality of songs, which is why I probably only listen to a select few in Hip Hop regularly (top dogg isn't one) but I'd buy a Top Dogg album over a Snoop Dogg album anyday. Why? Because with a Top Dogg album, I know I'm going to get some nice selection of beats on there, whereas a current Snoop album..... Well that pretty much speaks for itself... 9 skippers of weak beats and lazy flowed auto-tuned pop trash, with 1-2 with replay value
and here we have the french guy who spent like 10grand for a custom death row  chain,  its like a euro family reunion in here

no shit?
yep dude will try and rationalize it too

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
damn i thought he was one of the good ones.

V2DHeart

no shit?
yep dude will try and rationalize it too

It wasn't 10 grand, but why would I rationalize it? I was in a position single care-free lifestyle with no dependants where I could spend money, and trust me, more was wasted on worse than that

I really don't know if it's an ignorance thing, or lack of geographical research within the American education systems. Not just you, but a lot of others on here seem to have this interpretation where all Euro's as you put, are all alike. I know a lot isn't taught on human geography out-with the USA, because it would be physically impossible given the size, different climates, cultures, policies etc. in the US alone, but not all Euro's get along. I'm from Scotland (it's not all tartan, ginger bearded highlanders rein-acting scenes from Braveheart) The majority of Scottish people can't stand English, despise their recurring arrogance, along with Germans being as arrogant (as a bulk population) I can't speak on other countries in Europe. I have no idea about whether or not they have countries they are not too fond of.

Point is, region or what country you live in doesn't, and shouldn't dictate a special clearance for music 'governor' entitlements. If East Coast music was only released in the East, and West in West, there wouldn't be much of a market, and without Europe and Asia, there would definitely be a negative effect all round for Hip Hop
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Triple OG Rapsodie

goddamn radiotube's trying to raise a grand to be a bum in cali and this fool is spending 10 of them on a chain?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
so you had a deathrow chain custom made?

bwahahahahahahahahaha

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:59:30 PM by ♛K1NG PETEY »

MarshColin

I am dreaming....im dreaming about the day the west can stop living in the shadow of itself.

I can dig that, but badgering Top Dogg in this thread is not helping you fulfill that dream. Sometimes we as fans just need to take a step back and remember that the music is what brought us here in the first place, so let's worry about the music first, and leave the other shit alone.

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
I am dreaming....im dreaming about the day the west can stop living in the shadow of itself.

I can dig that, but badgering Top Dogg in this thread is not helping you fulfill that dream. Sometimes we as fans just need to take a step back and remember that the music is what brought us here in the first place, so let's worry about the music first, and leave the other shit alone.

highlight of his sorry pathetic life ... he has nothing else going on in his wack life so this is how he gets his kicks

he's the resident clown/troll

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
@ coma: thats insprational.

@ a(sian) millitant: clam down my wigger, your acting like you got money invested in his studio time lol

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
@kinghomo get a life bro

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

V2DHeart

bwahahahahahahahahaha

Many years ago now. I also had another couple of pendants made after that one from the same place given they done a good job the first time (non-hip hop, and more personal pendants though) and although they just sit and collect dust now in a box, they will at least hold some of their value as a lot of metals do, and if not I can simply sell it to Clint Dogg for double the amount I paid for it. So not all is lost entirely on wasting money on irrelevant things. I was young then, not savvy when it came to money, or to keep it back for what matters now.

I bet most on this forum, including myself have spent way more on drink, drugs, or/and rubbish over the years, so by comparison it isn't too bad
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

bwahahahahahahahahaha

Many years ago now. I also had another couple of pendants made after that one from the same place given they done a good job the first time (non-hip hop, and more personal pendants though) and although they just sit and collect dust now in a box, they will at least hold some of their value as a lot of metals do, and if not I can simply sell it to Clint Dogg for double the amount I paid for it. So not all is lost entirely on wasting money on irrelevant things. I was young then, not savvy when it came to money, or to keep it back for what matters now.

I bet most on this forum, including myself have spent way more on drink, drugs, or/and rubbish over the years, so by comparison it isn't too bad

i know i have if i had all the stacks ive spent on weed, thiz and other shit id be good lol...i wont lie in 96 i paid to have a 14kt gold wutang charm made for my chain...shit was a few hundred though and was pretty discrete. i got alot of props for it at the time. now that its '11 i wouldnt do no shit like that.

MUHFUKKA

bwahahahahahahahahaha

i know i have if i had all the stacks ive spent on weed, thiz and other shit id be good lol...i wont lie in 96 i paid to have a 14kt gold wutang charm made for my chain...shit was a few hundred though and was pretty discrete. i got alot of props for it at the time. now that its '11 i wouldnt do no shit like that.

ahhhh 1996...what a year what a year. did i ever tell you that i actually am 1996?

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
yeah but this thread isnt about you or 1996...  ;D