Author Topic: "YGD" - Top Dogg's Debut Finally Here! "The Renegade" Now Available!  (Read 17520 times)

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "YGD" - Top Dogg's DEBUT Finally Here! "THE RENEGADE" Now Available!!!
« Reply #330 on: June 02, 2011, 09:53:16 AM »
Maybe all of the hating could continue in a separate thread called "YGD Top Dogg sounded like Snoop back in the 90s and I'm still losing sleep over it" or "I'm butt hurt cause YGD dissed Snoop and Dre back in 98" or "I don't like YGD but let's post in his thread anyway" whatever the fuck.

If you don't like YGD, be it now or then or both, then don't come into this thread real simple.

And on a personal note: I also thought he sounded way too much like Snoop back then, just like Realest sounded like Pac but I enjoy the music and that's what's important so I didn't care.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Enya

• 'G'
« Reply #331 on: June 02, 2011, 10:06:50 AM »
I'll buy it when you admit that you were swagger-jacking Snoop back then. Why deny the obvious truth? Be a man and live up to your past life.

Top won't care if u buy it or not.. lol
Visit Tha Realest's fan forum!
http://tharealest.forumer.com/index.php

Also visit the official website.
http://www.tharealest.com/

Quadruple OG

« Reply #332 on: June 02, 2011, 10:56:57 AM »
Maybe all of the hating could continue in a separate thread called "YGD Top Dogg sounded like Snoop back in the 90s and I'm still losing sleep over it" or "I'm butt hurt cause YGD dissed Snoop and Dre back in 98" or "I don't like YGD but let's post in his thread anyway" whatever the fuck.

If you don't like YGD, be it now or then or both, then don't come into this thread real simple.

Hating is their main occupation, so I doubt they'd let go. I can't imagine what kind of thread this would be if it was Tha Realest instead of YGD.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #333 on: June 02, 2011, 11:28:40 AM »
And on a personal note: I also thought he sounded way too much like Snoop back then, just like Realest sounded like Pac but I enjoy the music and that's what's important so I didn't care.

Says the same people up in arms and pissed off at Dre for having Sly on Kush sounding like Nate.

btw I said what I wanted to in my first post. The only reason I've continued posting is because I find it laughable that Top Dogg doesn't have enough balls to admit he was copying Snoop's style on DR. I'm waiting to see if he's too pussy to actually respond, which I assume he is. A real man would man up to their past.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #334 on: June 02, 2011, 11:35:23 AM »

Wouldn't YGD be the hater for dissing Snoop, a hugely successful rap star? If you're going to use the word then know what it means. "Hating" means ripping on someone because of their success. I can't be a hater of someone who isn't successful and probably makes less than I do.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #335 on: June 02, 2011, 12:48:57 PM »

Wouldn't YGD be the hater for dissing Snoop, a hugely successful rap star? If you're going to use the word then know what it means. "Hating" means ripping on someone because of their success. I can't be a hater of someone who isn't successful and probably makes less than I do.

On what song did he dis Snoop? The only one he even mentions Snoop by name is "Goin' Back 2 Cali" and that's more giving props to Suge than dissing Snoop.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #336 on: June 02, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »
he still sounds like snoop to me.

maybe not as much but you can def still hear the influence on the newer joint.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #337 on: June 02, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »

On what song did he dis Snoop? The only one he even mentions Snoop by name is "Goin' Back 2 Cali" and that's more giving props to Suge than dissing Snoop.

According to DJR he did

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #338 on: June 02, 2011, 03:13:52 PM »

Says the same people up in arms and pissed off at Dre for having Sly on Kush sounding like Nate.

btw I said what I wanted to in my first post. The only reason I've continued posting is because I find it laughable that Top Dogg doesn't have enough balls to admit he was copying Snoop's style on DR. I'm waiting to see if he's too pussy to actually respond, which I assume he is. A real man would man up to their past.

I haven't heard Kush until last month and I couldn't care less about that song, Dr. Dre or even Detox.

We all know the deal concerning Top Dogg's style (back then), why bother continue making a fuss about it just let the man promote his music for those who care.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #339 on: June 02, 2011, 03:29:47 PM »

According to DJR he did

Well Reality Check is sort of right I guess cause YGD didn't actually diss them but I personally do see it as a diss: "YGD got a gang of shit to say/Suge blew up Snoop and that nigga Dre, fuck Dre"

Btw this all reminds me of how Snoop reacted when he was asked about Going Back To Cali in the 1998 April issue of The Source. He said that Suge had someone sounding exactly like him making diss records but that he would never spit something on a track as wack as that. He also said he called Puffy to let him know it wasn't him on Going Back To Cali but that Puffy already knew the deal.

Damn that's a classic Source issue come to think of it, one of the first interviews Snoop did I think about leaving Death Row might wanna look that one up...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #340 on: June 02, 2011, 03:33:04 PM »

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »

Yeah that's the one!

Shit... it's about time I organize my 13 years worth of Source and XXL issues cause I love reading stuff like this again.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'
« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2011, 03:41:59 PM »
^ homosexual death row stan

makaveli..

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #343 on: June 03, 2011, 02:39:49 AM »
i bet ya hes worked with daz or  the dpg camp while he was over their

Raphael

« Reply #344 on: June 03, 2011, 02:49:36 AM »
That bum probably has that issue of the source laminated.