Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Talks Detox “Dr. Dre Has Wrong People In His Environment”  (Read 7374 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Speaking of confidence I still think you're oversimplifying. I don't think Dre has such a strong position in Interscope. If this scrapped material was good but Dre had no confidence why the fuck Interscope didn't pushed him to put it out? It can;t be that hard since he is Interscope's employee. I think it's them who decide when they want to spend their money.... It must be really strange relationship if it look like this 10 years later.... Dre: Ok... i'm happy with my material. give me the money so i can put it out' or Interscope: 'it's a great time to make some money. we have the budged, your material is the bomb. We're putting it out". Dre: "no i don't want it. I don;t like my songs'. lol ;) Interscope is a corporation where all decisions are being taken by the board or something like that... not by one man who works for them. At the end of the day Interscope have the rights to every single song Dre has made while working for them. so if they heard the material and they thought it's good they could have put it out...

lmao this sounds stupid. What are they going to do, force Dre to hand over his masters and put their own version of his album out? That'd be incredibly stupid of them. One, they'd lose a huge asset by pissing off Dre and he'd just leave Interscope. He wouldn't be out there promoting the album, losing sales. And since Wideawake can't put out his Death Row material, I'm sure he has a similar thing in his current contract with Interscope.

If Interscope had that kind of power over Dre then we would have seen an album years ago. Aside from Em and 50, Detox has been the biggest thing going for Aftermath. If Jimmy is the money hungry Jew everyone makes him out to be, wouldn't he have made Dre finish the album? Obviously they treat Dre very well since he barely puts out anything at all and yet they keep Aftermath.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol who are these "wrong people" in his environment?

Exactly, if Snoop's gonna bother bringing this subject up, he should go the whole way and be specific, I feel

Stan

Each year Dre gets older and so do his fans.  The people that have the extra dough to buy music are 13-21, and I don't think any of them give a fuck who Dre is.  If it ain't Drake, Weezy, Em, Soulja, that's it!

Dre is riding on Em (we can see that) but if he still he can't do it then what?

Time is of the essence and I gotta think its now or never.  The older hardcores will get it but the older, average Dre fan that was into 2001, has moved on.  I don't think it will be as big is it could've been and that might be what they're worried about ...

ALso... casual fans reading December XXL issue expect Detox to drop in February like the magazine says so.  Does it happen?  No ... and it become forgotten and the hype and promo is out the window.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:20:26 PM by Stan »

nad45

If Doctor Dre doesn't want to work with Snoop and the DPG anymore, fuck it, they don't need him. Snoop needs to stop waiting for this man.
Take D.O.C for some help on the raps, all the dpg familly for the featurings, Fredwreck, Battlecat, Terrace Martin, DJ Quik, DAZ, Soopafly, Meech, Warren G, The Parliament, and the Snoopadelics for the production.
Lock them all in the studio and we will have an album better than Doggystyle. 8)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:47:46 PM by nad45 »

Will_B

If Doctor Dre doesn't want to work with Snoop and the DPG anymore, fuck it, they don't need him. Snoop needs to stop waiting for this man.
Take D.O.C for some help on the raps, all the dpg familly for the featuring, Fredwreck, Battlecat, Terrace Martin, DJ Quik, DAZ, Soopafly, Meech, Warren G, The Parliament, and the Snoopadelics for the production.
Lock them all in the studio and we will have an album better than Doggystyle. 8)

Totally true. Why does this never happen though?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
no matter how many post be written i really doubt if Dre himself gives a fuck. He's probably more of a businessman than musician who cares about his fans so as long as the formula makes $$$ for him then he's cool with that. He has just put out his second best charting single in his whole solo career so i guess he's happy about that and wants to follow INAD route. sad but probably true. He don't give a fuck about you, you and you. Money are his beloved and true fanbase...
it's not that simple.

i mean if what you said is true, then why aren't there multiple parts of Detox out? that's how he could have exploited it. i bet the several recording sessions were expensive.
not saying he doesn't care about money, but i think he cares more about succeeding with Detox.

THIS is not that simple. Music business is still a business. Every time you put out album you take a risk. You need to put massive money and then hope for an income. Every single major release needs business plan... Surely Interscope business plan wasn't aimed at Detox back in the days when Dre was still top-notch producer (that's why we havent seen detox not only as a multiple album but even as a one album). 50 and Game were making money for Interscope so there was no need to risk with Detox. I guess recently they faced fact that this is probably last chance for them (and Dre) to put out well-selling record (and as far as i know they need to do that due to the record deal). They know Eminem's last success may be very helpful.... it's still my speculations tho but it makes more sense to me than saying Dre didn't release Detox because he lost his confidence. It's oversimplification. It's like trying to understand worldwide businessman problems from a stay-at-home man's perspective lol...
how do you know they didn't have a business plan? did you visit any meetings?

anyway, the confidence thing came from a friend of dre ( eminem). plus other witnesses said dre tried several directions for Detox over the years & started over. you don't do that if you're confident.

i told you this is only me speculating. the "surely" word was too far... my fault. but hey i never told they didn't have a businessplan. i told it wasn't aimed at Dre. Looks like other artists were their main products back in the days. not dre.

Speaking of confidence I still think you're oversimplifying. I don't think Dre has such a strong position in Interscope. If this scrapped material was good but Dre had no confidence why the fuck Interscope didn't pushed him to put it out? It can;t be that hard since he is Interscope's employee. I think it's them who decide when they want to spend their money.... It must be really strange relationship if it look like this 10 years later.... Dre: Ok... i'm happy with my material. give me the money so i can put it out' or Interscope: 'it's a great time to make some money. we have the budged, your material is the bomb. We're putting it out". Dre: "no i don't want it. I don;t like my songs'. lol ;) Interscope is a corporation where all decisions are being taken by the board or something like that... not by one man who works for them. At the end of the day Interscope have the rights to every single song Dre has made while working for them. so if they heard the material and they thought it's good they could have put it out...

and oh... i think you shouldn't trust in every single word you read/hear in the interview. Don't forget Eminem is also Intersocpe's employee...

Don't get me wrong homey. i'm not saying i'm right (what is more i think you could be right... that's why i want to discuss) . I just always try to analyze the situation because different people in music business talk different shit. And the situation with Detox that was told to the public sound very ridiculous to me.

damn... having different opinions is such a great thing. isn't it? peace  ;)
ok, it just doesn't make sense to me to not have a business plan for dre.

anyway, i didn't say dre was powerful at interscope, but i think he has a certain control over his own projects.
i doubt interscope can release dre's material without his permission, but even if they can, i don't think they want to ruin the partnership.

you have a point about interviews, but like you, i filter things. yes eminem is signed to interscope, but he's speaking on personal things since the beginning of his career. sure his word may not be the truth, but i believe him.

yeah nothing wrong with different visions ;)

Each year Dre gets older and so do his fans.  The people that have the extra dough to buy music are 13-21, and I don't think any of them give a fuck who Dre is.  If it ain't Drake, Weezy, Em, Soulja, that's it!
based on what?

Stan

Each year Dre gets older and so do his fans.  The people that have the extra dough to buy music are 13-21, and I don't think any of them give a fuck who Dre is.  If it ain't Drake, Weezy, Em, Soulja, that's it!
based on what?
Mmm when I was in school I believe that was the stat.  13-21 (cuz they live at home) in North-America have the most income to dispose.  The argument was why has record sales gone down the shitter?  Is the money run out?
Hell no, it's because people can download music for free and spend their money on other shit.  I believe cell phones and ringtones were at the top of the list in which the youngins were spending that dough.  The $$ didn't just evaporate, it went somewhere else. 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
based on what?
Mmm when I was in school I believe that was the stat.  13-21 (cuz they live at home) in North-America have the most income to dispose.  The argument was why has record sales gone down the shitter?  Is the money run out?
Hell no, it's because people can download music for free and spend their money on other shit.  I believe cell phones and ringtones were at the top of the list in which the youngins were spending that dough.  The $$ didn't just evaporate, it went somewhere else. 
really?
if that's true, then a lot of 21+ people are getting raped financially :P

BiggBoogaBiff

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/Si1LTxeHKI8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/Si1LTxeHKI8</a>

is this the type of sound and vibe of instrumentals y'all want on "Detox"?  Are these the types of beats y'all want to hear Dre on or do u want some new shit, and what type of new shit do u mean

Stan

based on what?
really?

I don't follow you ....

Disposable income is how much you earn to how much you dispose on stuff like cds

BiggBoogaBiff

Stan, kids don't buy cd's anymore lol.  

nobody does.... albums that sell big (100K+) are people who are from all different types of backgrounds and cult members of the artist(s).  if anything they buy single songs off of i-Tunes and shit like that but kids definitely don't buy albums, most of us youngin's don't even have jobs let alone disposable income.  i know when i'm broke I spend my last $3 on a 40 and a lottery ticket, not i-Tunes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/B7miGygkF_8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/B7miGygkF_8</a> this is my idea of buying a song.  but for the record I personally would buy "Detox" tho
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 01:52:58 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

Stan

Stan, kids don't buy cd's anymore lol.  

nobody does.... albums that sell big (100K+) are people who are from all different types of backgrounds and cult members of the artist(s).  if anything they buy single songs off of i-Tunes and shit like that but kids definitely don't buy albums, most of us youngin's don't even have jobs let alone disposable income.  i know when i'm broke I spend my last $3 on a 40 and a lottery ticket, not i-Tunes.
this is my idea of buying a song.  but for the record I personally would buy "Detox" tho

I know I was just using an example...  Kids buy ringtones and shit to do with mobile devices now.  And ya if you get 200 dollars a year allowance or 1500 year at a part-time job and you can spend all of it on Itunes and Iphones and Beats by Dre and HP computers, cuz you have no bills, then that is disposable income.

10 years ago I would've blown my $ on Detox paraphernalia but its too late !  I'm a bigger Dre fan the kids that can blow their money on that shiat 

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
based on what?
really?

Ha :laugh:

I see what Stan's meaning, but most 21+s have jobs, and are able to splash out on at least an occasional CD

Stan

Look I'm not trying to get into economics 101 this is a Dre thread ... my bad ... but all I'm saying is the people that make or USED to make albums go 5 x platinum are not Dre fans: their Drake fans.  Ya the older ones will cop it but we're not the category that makes it sell millions ... that's it!  Jimmy must know that, I think he's pushing it ... Dre is just what, insecure????   :-[  Who knows.  I doubt Dre has had the "wrong people" in his environment for the 10+ years of Detox in the making.

I think Jimmy is trying his hardest to get it out as soon as possible.  Wasn't he the one to introduce the dre/jay-z single in Dres ipod at the Boston Redsox Stadium?  Jimmy knows the clock is ticking.

arubiano83

we made him rich, we bought his albums, headphones etc..we are the reason that he is still relevant today..without releasing an album in 12 years
so now he owes us an album We want :D!!
fuck a detox, make a chronic 2012 and call warren g